Conference Championshp weekend

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NYJ79, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

He is banned a week. He can’t respond

2. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Actually, the funny thing about the Patriots is that out of the division they have been almost as dominant as they have been in the AFC East (since Brady's arrival). Versus the Bills / Jets / Dolphins the Pats have an almost ~79% winning percentage. Against the rest of the NFL the Pats have a 76% winning percentage. So the rest of the NFL has been virtually as inept against the Pats as the rest of the AFC East over the last 18 years.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Can Suh and Donald at least get pressure on Brady? That would be nice.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

The Rams will get revenge for 2001. At least that's my story.

5. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Defensive playcalling was horrendous. 3rd down was practically an effortless endeavor every single time for Brady: Middle of the field to Edelman. All. Game. Long. Andy Reid apparently kept his balls this postseason and called a surprisingly aggressive game on offense, and that kept them in the game. He also wasn't super conservative on defense either...again, very surprising. His downfall was his typical inability (or unwillingness) to make adjustments and be imaginative. The Patriots ran the same gameplan all game long, and the Chiefs just couldn't seem to stop it. Had the Patriots had the elite defense of their early dynasty years, this likely would have been a blowout.

LAJet, NYJetsO12 and The Dark Knight like this.
  6. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

After seeing today's game that would be novel idea. Please send an email to Sean McVay.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  7. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I don’t get it.

It’s just a game.

Kids?

Geezuz.

8. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

I actually thought that for the most part the Chiefs stopped the run much better in the second half - even with the TD's. I really thought the Chiefs could have called a timeout or two in the OT period on the third down plays. It would given their players a chance to rest and get their sh*t together (perhaps try something unique and call a blitz). What were they saving the timeouts for anyway?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Agreed. If you can't stand the Pats winning, don't watch.

10. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

This one kind of presents an interesting dilemma for St. Louis Rams fans, doesn't it?

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Fuck it all. If you can't get pressure down the middle and get to Brady you will never win shit. So with all the BS about offense and more offense, the key to beating the Pats is to put Brady on his ass. And it starts with tough interior lineman. KC defense couldn't stop shit.

#891 LAJet, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019
    NYJetsO12 and johnny like this.
  12. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

He needs to watch SB XLII, XLVI, and the 2015 AFC Championship game against the Broncos over and over.

13. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Sorry if I offended.

#893 CJLang, Jan 21, 2019
    jilozzo likes this.
  14. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Agreed. While all QB's are worse under pressure, it's essential against Brady and at his age he is more susceptible to the rush than younger, more mobile QB's (not to take away anything from his greatness). If you can't get pressure on him consistently, he will eventually find his targets to break your back.

15. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

CJLang, I really like and respect you as a poster, but no reason to twist the knife tonight. No offense, but you're better than this. I'm not distraught like others in the thread. However, just wondering - will you be here in two weeks if the Patriots lose the Super Bowl?

16. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Brady showing respect to Mahomes is twisting the knife? I think we all know how that game ends if KC wins the toss.

17. Why would jet fans care?

I know in patriotland its all joy,good fortune & blessings all the time.. but surprise! Its been nearly 2 decades of this crap & its a nightmare.

Some of us literally dont wanna ever see that smug cheater’s smile ever again.

Say your peace.Get your Jollies.Yay rah rah tommy terrific wins again. Dont post pics of that SOB or turn him into mother teresa.

This isnt WEEI

johnny likes this.
  18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Just a little something extra to show how godlike Brady is?

Stuff it.

#898 Ralebird, Jan 21, 2019
    johnny likes this.
  19. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Quite frankly, I just thought it funny that you had to post the picture and graphics. I am not trying to be a d*ck (really), but I don't think anybody here cares what Brady thinks of Mahomes.

If the Jets were ever to win the AFC Championship some time in the future (I know - chasing at windmills and such) and Darnold says something nice about whoever the opposite QB was and I posted it on some New England Patriot board that evening, do you think I would be greeted with an enthusiastic response from that crowd?

Additionally, if the Chiefs had won the toss and won the game, and Mahomes said something complimentary about Brady, would you be in here tonight posting it here?

Again, I really respect your posts. These are hypothetical questions. Food for thought.

20. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

A fan since 1965 and not all my prayers have been answered.