CJs option declined. Pace and Babin's exercised

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by 88toon, Feb 5, 2015.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Also was splitting carrys with Ivory ....if you look at the amount of carrys he got last season compared to now they are way up.At the time letting him go made sense to all of us.I personally think he is more motivated then ever after almost being killed in a drive by shooting and he's out to prove something

Turbocharged23 likes this.
  2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

I don't know what was in CJ's head last year. But it is certainly plausible that his attitude was a factor last year. While I am very much a Smith doubter, and he likely had something to do with it, I put the blame more on Rex and Idzik. The problems with the O were not limited to Smith, and I don't think they had any clear thought how they were going to use CJ.

Plus we know Vick was discouraged by the situation. Not implausible to suggest CJ was, too.

Again, I don't know what was in his head, but what you are describing is certainly possible and makes sense.

ajax and SonofDinger like this.
  3. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Read that he was injured earlier in the season. Before season started, my expectation was that he would consistently get 5-10 carries and catch 1-3 passes a game. Now I'm hoping Ridley can get healthy soon and take those reps.

4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

it took CJ to get shot to take his career seriously again, I guess he learned a thing or 2 from 50 cent

Turbocharged23 and Ubiquitous like this.
  5. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

He looked amazing on that one run where he went down for a 1yd gain only to get up because nobody bothered to touch him and gain another 70 yards. What a beast!