Chiefs Rams- epic but also telling

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Longsuffering88, Nov 19, 2018.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Unicorn. A mythical creature that doesn't exist.

K'OB and FJF like this.
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

:rolleyes:

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Who gives shit that he started a thread? I happen to think that that historic game deserves its own thread and to not be buried in the middle of some generic thread.

Longsuffering88 likes this.
  4. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

That’s what the NFL Forum is for.

Didn’t need to be in that thread but at least the right forum.

Was just the whininest that’s taken over the board that’s chapping me.

5. NCJetsfan

:eek: LOL

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

I agree that the NFL forum is where the thread belongs, not the Jets forum. My only quibble was with it not deserving its own thread. I understand your frustration. I can't believe some of the shit I see on here at times, including several posts that frustrated you.

7. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

It weird. There’s like 5 dudes here that all they can do is bitch and whine. Constantly. That thread was more of the same.

I get it, we suck.

But we just added the most important piece to a successful franchise for the first time in 50 years or at least a decade and a half.

New coach coming in next year, new philosophy, a great draft pick and a bunch of FAs.

I’m excited to get next year started.

Bunch of losers living in the moment and can’t see the bright side coming.

K'OB and FJF like this.
  8. NCJetsfan

Hang in there! I wish that I could say that I'm excited for next year, but I can't. I'm excited that we should wind up in excellent draft position, that Bowles will be gone, and hopefully Mac too. I'm excited that we have Darnold, will have over $100 million in cap space to spend on FAs, and can possibly trade down and add a 2nd round pick and maybe more, so we have the opportunity to really improve the team.

That said, I've seen too many false starts and screwed up opportunities by the Jets. I'm hopeful that they will make the right decision regarding Mac, will hire the right HC, will be able to sign a number of good FAs (including an edge rusher or two) that will fill holes and make this team better, and have a great draft next year, but I will believe it when it happens.

9. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

Can't argue with that

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I’ll need to look at the tape

11. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I watch plenty of Jets football.

I don't have the time to watch football from 1 pm to 11:30 pm on Sundays like I used to. I'll watch my team and a bit of the 4 pm game. Forget about prime time. Nowadays the only time I watch a full game at 4 pm or in prime time is if it's the Jets playing or if it's a Saturday game.

The Rams have been one of the more higher profie teams the past couple of seasons I've seen quite a bit of them and I never heard of this Trumaine Johnson before the Jets signed him. Out of nowhere (to me) he became this highly paid 'shutdown cb' I've seen plenty of him here with the Jets he's stunk up the joint I haven't been impressed by him at all.

12. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Wow thanks man

This was my exact thought... too big of a story to not get a thread....

PS

This “Rollo” person seems to post items that ATTACK members...... rather than actually add any relevant info about the JETS or FOOTBALL... what a dork

13. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Sorry I guess I am really messed up!

Brook! likes this.
  14. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Sorry for showing my age, but the best Manning QB is not Peyton or Eli. Yes, the dad Archie Manning was the best QB in the family. My point here is Archie was put in a real shitty situation and never had a chance to excel.

I pray to God this will not be Darnold's faith, but it is not looking good so far.

The game has become a pass happy league, but if you don't protect your QB and your receivers don't get open, your QB is doomed.

Look even the great Mahomes turns the ball over when he gets hit, didn't the game show this?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

He’s been one of the most highly praised CB’s in the league for a few years now. The biggest knock on him is his ability to stay healthy and that is showing again this year. He was seen as one of the prototype “new” corners along with guys like Richard Sherman a few years ago who were much bigger than the average NFL corner at that time. He’s been a well known name if you follow the league for years.

16. NCJetsfan

You're welcome, but what you said about Rollo is not true at all. He is not a dork. He gets frustrated like many of us at times and can make critical posts, but he is a good guy and knowledgeable poster. He was right that your thread should have been posted in the NFL forum rather than the Jets forum. I didn't defend your thread to criticize him.

17. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

He's sucked @ss this season even when he's been healthy.

18. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I’m not sure he ever was healthy this season, but I agree he is a shadow of his former self from the last two seasons. It was a terrible risk of a signing that’s backfired badly.

19. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

The game is becoming more like the college game. College is not producing players who fit the prototypical "NFL" systems. So the innovative Offensive geniuses are building their playbooks using plays lifted directly from the college game. Last night's game was the perfect example of this. It's the sad future of the NFL

20. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

What's sad to me is that shootouts like Monday night's game are gonna become the rule and not the exception. Not that I don't like offense, but it's becoming too easy with the rule changes.

TonyFtLaud likes this.