Chances of a FQB in the 2018 draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by STARoSCREAM, Dec 18, 2017.

1. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

God given talent will win out..gut says it will

The big challenge will be convincing a kids AGENT to bring him here ...This is where the Johnsons or Football God steps in and we say goodbye to TB .If not:

Bowles may be a moron but when he sees a kid lighting it up and a chorus of his CS yes men telling him the kid can play just run this offense HE WONT care because all he semi knows is defense

#181 NYJetsO12, Dec 25, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2017
  2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Didn't bottles have a good rookie season as well ?

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Looks like we will definitely be in position for 1 of Darnold, Rosen, Allen, Mayfield, Jackson, even if Darnold stays one of the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

It depends. Dropping from 5th to 17th or 18th is a steep drop for Tampa Bay or Indy. The Bills other first round pick is likely mid 20s. So while the Bills have that extra first rounder to offer, it might be more attractive for the Colts to stay put or trade with someone else in the top 10.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I don't remember, you may be right.

6. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Bills have an extra first , second , and 2 thirds they can offer, while still having a pick in every round. That's alot to overcome. It will all come down to Free agency and who declares . The situation will be much different come April then it is today.

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Where did they get all the extra picks from btw ?

The draft could be carved up between them and the dumb ass Browns :/

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

2018 NFL draft (Overall picks to be determined)

Round 1

Round 1 (Acquired from the Kansas City Chiefs in exchange for 10th overall pick)

Round 2

Round 2 (Acquired from Los Angeles Rams in Sammy Watkins trade)

Round 3 (Acquired from Philadelphia Eagles in Ronald Darby trade)

Round 4

Round 5

*Round 6 (Acquired from Jacksonville Jaguars in Marcell Dareus deal)

**Round 7

*The sixth round pick that Buffalo acquired from the Jaguars can turn into a fifth round pick in 2018. To obtain the Jaguars' fifth-round pick in 2018, Marcell Dareus needs to remain on Jacksonville's roster for the remainder of the season and the Jaguars need to reach the playoffs, according to Jason La Canfora.

**Buffalo sent a conditional seventh round pick in the 2018 NFL draft to the Green Bay Packers in a trade for Lerentee McCray. Conditions were never officially revealed so it's unknown if the Bills will have their seventh round pick in the draft.

9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Bills are going to have a late teens 1st and a early to mid 20s first as well as mid + late 2nds and 3rds.

Most top 5 teams usually don’t want to move that far down in the draft.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

It doesn't work like that; inconsistency is part of what makes Bortles who he is. He is a guy that can look like a Pro-bowler one game and 3rd string the next. Allen's tape looks very much the same. The perfect prospect does not exist and even if he did exist, we will not be in position to draft him. So I ask again would any of you take Allen if you knew he would turn into Blake Bortles?

11. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

This is honestly a toss up for me. I think a lot would depend on who is available when we would be picking Allen, i.e. if Chubb.

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

There's more bad then good in his tape. I already know you won't take him.

13. TonyFtLaud

Trades got them the first second and a third and thewill have a compensatory pick in the 3rd now because of someone they released prior to week 10. I don't remember who it was.
    Cleveland might. They will still have a top 5 pick, possibly the first pick and they can trade the pick from Houston. Get their QB of choice, add 2 more first round picks, another second and third, that would be a great haul for the first year GM. They would end up with 6 picks in the top 50. 10 in the top 100.
    Not a bad start for a GM.

14. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I think Cleveland trades out of first to someone who wants Rosen.

Rosen can’t go to Cleveland now, the fans won’t want him there after he took to the media

15. joe

joe Well-Known Member

16. 101GangGreen101

17. joe

joe Well-Known Member

I think he is 101. And why not? If a guy with Carson Wentz' skill set can have the impact he did, why not Darnold?

While the 2017 "oh my gosh Josh!" group think was the order of the day on TGG this season, yours truly (who actually watched Pac 12--had a pac12 tv package) stuck to his Darnold guns in the face of the TGG "he's having a horrible year!...he's not ready!" avalanche not to mention some of the even more exaggerated "he (flat out) sucks!" assessments ( @GQMartin).

The bottom line is: who knows how they'll flesh out. One thing I do know: Darnold during this "down year" quietly dialed down the turnovers, once again did what he seems to be good at ("winning games") in putting up a 10-2 record, winning another Pac 12 championship with a revamped, less talented SC roster and ending up his "down year" with stats that are pretty much on par with Josh Rosen's. In short his "down year" ended up with a lot of good in it at the end of the day

Now, a TGG Rosen apologist might say "well Josh's #'s would've been better had he not missed some games" and I would agree: as in isn't it curious that Rosen gets a TGG medical pass even with all the time he's missed while "skinny/running" Lemar Jackson (who hasn't missed time) doesn't get that same pass. It's only recently that Rosen's seeming "Dee Milliner disease" is getting some notice.

Rosen throws a pretty ball...Rosen's the most "pro ready"....Rosen this, Rosen that, I get it. Question is, if he can't stay on a football field in college as a non-running QB, what's down the road with this guy?

Darnold? Admittedly he's got a wocky style. But improve his long ball accuracy and you also have a kid who seems to (eye test-wise) have that 'x' factor going for him, i.e. "meh" for 3 qtrs., then puts together a game-winning drive. Competitive, instinctive, quick-thinker .....but it doesn't matter anymore because no way the Jets have a shot at either Josh Rosen or Sam Darnold unfortunately.

Baker Mayfield? I have my (size) concerns with him but at this stage of the game if MacDuff drafted him I'd have no problem with McCown showing Mayfield the ropes going into 2018. If not, then who knows?...lots of good OL talent...whatever.. then again haha, watch out for some "BPA" love:

"And with the ___ pick in the 2018 NFL draft, the NY Jets select
    Arlen Key, DL, LSU..."

cute colors eh? . : . )

18. 101GangGreen101

Digging this post a lot Joe. You tag em! He should be able to succeed, just needs to clean up the wocky style just a little bit. I give you credit, you stayed with him when he struggled, most backed out. I compare the scenario to Jameis Winston a little bit. Continue to learn improve on making multiple reads as well. Getting to that 3rd read and such, I don't think Darnold has had the best success at it, but not many college QBs do. At first, Darnold struggled, but as the season went on you can see him get back to that elite level of play. Maybe it's realizing what weapons he has, maybe it was the offensive line getting healthy. Really looking forward to him playing the OSU defense. I hope Darnold balls the fuck out too. I never wanted him to stay in school.

Rosen, I think he is the most pro ready, but I think he's starting to show some of those red flags. 2 years in a row, can't put together a full season. It simply makes fans nervous. It sure as hell makes me nervous. The news about the Browns (I bet you he feels the same way about other teams) too. I think Rosen, is easily the better passer, but IDK if he's a leader; does he really have the most upside? I don't think so, I think he has the highest floor. I don't know if that's something Jet fans should strive for. He's not even close to the level of durability of Lamar Jackson, he maybe skinny but he has a very strong lower body, definitely still needs to continue to hit the gym. Jackson can get rid of the ball quicker as well. Can drop it in the bread basket too.

Mayfield gets an INC from me at this time. I need to see him battle Georgia and hopefully Clemson to make a final assessment. Senior Bowl as well. I don't trust Big 12 QBs. They say evaluate the player, not the school, but I have to apply it to this situation. Accurate as hell though, he's not Johnny Manziel though, Mayfield plays more under control, with the "hero ball" if that makes sense, but I think Darnold plays hero ball far better. Rosen, not so much susceptible to pressure.

Darnold, Jackson, Mayfield, Kurt Benkert, and Ryan Finley ... If I were the Jets, outside of the obvious Rosen, I hope he does the most HWK on these guys ... but I think I would do HWK more-so on the first 5 guys mentioned ...

Hahah all about the school spirit!

joe likes this.
  19. TonyFtLaud

Did he really take to the media?
    The report came from a Cards beat writers who claims to have found the Quote in the Cactus Bowl media day transcript but with 100s of reporters actually at the media event, not one found the quote noteworthy???

20. TonyFtLaud

Don't know how you can say Darnold quietly dialed down the turnovers. He had the same # of fumbles (9) and his interceptions increased by 25% over 16.
    2016 31 TDs 18 turnovers
    2017 26 TDs 21 turnovers