Chad Pennington to Fins?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Feb 20, 2006.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

What would be worse than the guy who was out franchise QB a year ago going to Miami and leading them to a SB?

It's just amazing how quick supposed Jet fans turn on their players, all Chad has done fo us and they forget in 2 secs after he gets hurt. No wonder players shy away NY in FA unless they are overpaid to come here.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Sure & we will take Ricky in return

3. VickBlows

VickBlows Active Member

How the hell does anyone care about our most hated rival perusing a quarterback who can?t throw the damn ball?

4. Serphnx

Serphnx New Member

We've beaten Miami what, 9 out of the past 10? That's history too. Maybe you should learn your Jets history. We OWN the 'Fins.

5. Welker83

Welker83 New Member

No way we sign pennyarm...our down the field offense needs a guy with an arm. We wouldnt even take him when his shoulders didn't fall off.

6. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

He will still make more money if he stays here, the most he will get on the open market is the minimum

7. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

absolutle 1000% on the mark my friend.....the man was overrated before the surgeries...the whole league knew he couldnt throw a pass...we wanted him to be the savior,but he never had the ability to do so.

8. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

No chance Saban / Mueller are foolish enough to waste time on a QB as bad as Pennington. Quite honestly, I'd rather have Fiedler back than go after Pennington...

As for Culpepper, he could be interesting. Saban may pull the trigger on him, and let him take a year off before starting. I think he'd be great in Miami....

Then there's the ancient relic McNair. He'd be a waste of time, and not really a significany upgrade over Frerotte. I don't want anything to do with McNair...

The newest name to rise, is QB D. Brees. I'm certain that if he hits the open market[and it looks like he will}, Miami will make a very strong push to sign him. He'd be the best available option, and with a few contract re-structures, along with some cuts, we should be able to afford him....

Later...

9. Mehl-56

Mehl-56 Well-Known Member

So you won't sign Penny coming off shoulder surgery, but will sign Brees, coming off shoulder surgery? Again, I ask the entire board to please show me one NFL QB that had a successful return from Rotator Cuff surgery, and returned at the level they played prior to the surgery...

I'll save you the trouble... THERE ARE NONE... I, as a Jet fan would be extatic to see you sign Brees or Penny, because your QB woes would continue the legnth of thier deals...

Ellis

10. NY Vilmaniac

NY Vilmaniac New Member

hahahahaha, dude, 50 million bonus isnt that much, good thing the jets are trying to get out of Penningtons $900,000,000 dollar contract

11. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

WRONG. Check the facts...

10/14/01 -- at N.Y. Jets 21, Miami 17
    11/18/01 -- N.Y. Jets 24, at Miami 0
    09/22/02 -- at Miami 30, N.Y. Jets 3
    11/10/02 -- at N.Y. Jets 13, Miami 10
    09/14/03 -- Miami 21, at N.Y. Jets 10
    12/28/03 -- at Miami 23, N.Y. Jets 21
    10/03/04 -- N.Y. Jets 17, at Miami 9
    11/01/04 -- at N.Y. Jets 41, Miami 14

05 - Split -- Jets 1 - Phinz 1
    ==============================

Looking at the past 10 games, the Jets have won 6, and Miami has won 4. That's a pretty far cry form your 9 out of 10 ownership...LOL!!!

Later...

12. lightning

lightning Active Member

what i like about this post, is that he makes every effort to piss us off in just about every sentence in the first half of the post.

13. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

Pennington has had back to back surgeries. Brees has not. Completely different circumstances. Besides, Brees has an arm, Pennington doesn't....

Penny would be a downgrade to Frerotte, so you can take him out of the picture all together. Bress would be a huge upgrade, and you should know that if you have any football sense...

Later...

14. BLITZKRIEG

BLITZKRIEG New Member

If you were Saban, would you seriously consider Pennington when you can have someone better???....

That's what I thought. By the way, cool avatar......

Later...

15. lightning

lightning Active Member

No man, i completely agree. With a team as close to contending as the phins, why take a chance on a guy who no one knows can even still play?

16. Mehl-56

Besides, Brees has an arm, Pennington doesn't.... Since when... Neither of them ever had a "strong" arm

Again, since you avoided the question...

SHOW ONE EXAMPLE OF A QB COMING BACK FROM MAJOR SHOULDER SURGERY AND BEING ANY WHERE NEAR AS SUCCESSFUL AS HE WAS PRIOR TO THE SURGERY.

See, you can not actually do that, because there has never been one to come back and play at a high level anywhere... Reason, they never get velocity back on their throws, and for those who have mediocre velocity at best (Brees & Pennington fit this mold)... it's a death sentence.

So go ahead and bash Pennington all you like, I've been saying he's done since the first shoulder injury, but skewing your argument to say that Brees would be an upgrade is a bit off for anyone with football knowledge...

Go ahead and do your own research, you'll find I'm right on QB's coming off major shoulder injuries, like Brees is. FYI, Brees' injury was pretty damn serious, Torn rotator cuff and a dislocation... not good.

Ellis

17. Greensleeves

Greensleeves Well-Known Member

Chances are still very good Chad is our starter next year and you would like to see him get hurt again. I applaud your loyalty!

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

We have won 12 of the last 16 against you, we own you as of now although the tide could be turning.

19. Mehl-56

Me???

Where did I say I'd like to see him get hurt again? Chances are he isn't on the roster, and then I'd be happy about that. But I wish the man no ill will, infact he's been my favorite Jet, we just couldn't protect him, which is why I'm also a fan of gutting the O-line including Mawae, Kendall and Fabini... all of whom are overrated and overpaid.

Ellis