Cb position

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Joeyd223, Mar 7, 2006.

1. Joeyd223

Joeyd223 New Member

Alright now i know we have many other holes to fill but i just dont feel comfortable with barrett and miller starting for us. I dont feel that we are solid enought at that position. Epicially since were going to lose abraham our pash rush should be signifigantly affected. What do you guys think? leave it how it is or try to get a more solid corner to replace barrett or start over miller??

2. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

we definately don't have a #1 CB at the moment. Hopefully Miller can fill that, but I have my doubts about him.

3. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Andre Dyson would be a nice pickup for a couple yrs hes still relatively young and has the speed but not really the size to be a number one, but we can get him some safety help lol.

4. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Hopefully under Mangini, Miller will get the nod at #1. I wasn't comfortable at all last year with Barrett at #2, let alone putting him at #1.

5. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The DBs are one of the great things that Bradway and Herm are leaving behind. They are still raw and may be something of a problem this year, but the core group: Miller, Strait, Coleman, and Rhodes, will be the Jets starting DBs for many years to come. Also, Barrett is overpaid but underrated by the fans. We should be ok. If there is any position on the team the Jets DON'T need to look at right now, it is the DBs.

6. FITM

FITM 2006 TGG.com Best Photoshop Artist Award Winner

Well, we have great depth at safety. Coleman, Washington, Maddox and Rhodes are all young. Although, I don't feel comfortable with Barrett at all and Strait is nothing more than a nickelback. Only three major holes we have this year on defense are CB, NT, and DE.

7. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

I actually like Barrett,even have his jersey.

we should trade john to detriot ariz or oak for their #1.
    draft mario williams de from NC state then take Lendale white with the pick we receive for Abe

8. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Our Secondary

is full of young players with potential. We'll be fine in this area.

9. rajensen088

rajensen088 Banned

You don't replace 10 1/2 sacks, 6 forced fumbles and 10 INT's with potential.

10. jaywade

jaywade Active Member

I think we will be fine a CB. A lot of people here are underrating Barrett. It wasnt that long ago we had guys like donnie Abe and Terrell Suckly starting for us. Barrett is a solid #2 and we all hope that Miller can be the shutdown corner we hope he can be. All we need is one mid level FA to compete with the guys we have now and we should be fine.

11. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

correct me if im wrong, but i thought this thread was called "CB Position," not "Secondary." Yes, we have a lot of young safeties, and 2 young CB's with potential, but I wouldn't say we'll be just fine.

The bottom line is, we currently have 3 CB's on the roster: Barrett, Miller, Strait.

I, too, am not comfortable with Barrett as out top corner; especially if he's going to wait 6-8 weeks to "turn on" his game, like he seemingly does every season.

Furthermore, I'm even less comfortable with the depth at CB. If someone gets injured, then we're really in trouble.

We should definitely look for a Day 2 CB, maybe a workout-warrior Mangini can develop. Hopefully someone will be there R4 with one of our two picks.

cheers

12. jaywade

jaywade Active Member

Depending on what happens with the Abe trade and compensation picks that we will be awarded, we might be able to pick up on in the third round. Their should also be some good FA vets we can get for a decent price.

13. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

You do if the potential pans out. Obviously, the secondary can't replace Abe's sack numbers. And Law was pretty nice to have around, but we couldn't afford him.

14. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

Yes, we are thin at CB. I think Strait and Miller can be a good combo for us in the future. And Barrett is decent for now. A day two CB would be a fine idea.