CB Crisis! Who is available to play CB?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Sanchize0829, Aug 10, 2014.

1. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

Idzik needs to find another CB for this team. Dex torn ACL. Dee high ankle sprain. Patterson injury prone and not very good at football.

Who is available in a trade? Which CB's are still available in free agency? Is there a CB that the Jets can convince to come out of retirement?

2. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

...I'll give it a shot...

Jetfan76 likes this.
  3. NYJets17

NYJets17 Well-Known Member

Possible we can get Morris Claiborne?

4. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I have confidence in the guys on the roster. Between Wilson, Walls, Lankster, Dowling, Patrick, Reeves etc. I'm sure one of these guys will step up.

I'm pulling for Walls and Wilson to man the 2 and 3 CB spots.

5. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I've been saying all off season that Idzik fucked up by not addressing CB in free agency when he had so much cap space and so many options. I think we are basically stuck with what we have, unfortunately.

GoldenShowers and Big Blocker like this.
  6. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

I'm happy with Milliner, Walls, Wilson. That's not awful. But if Dee can't get back on the field in time for the QB Murderer's Row we face, we are positively fucked.

JETS1116 likes this.
  7. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

I just hope we don't get too trigger happy on trades for a cb. we were destined to suck this year at cb, regardless of injury. this is time for our dline and safteys to step the fuck up

8. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Not sure how much they have left, but Dunta Robinson and Quentin Jammer were not on a roster last time I checked.

The Jets may have to make a trade if they want a real upgrade, though. I guess they could trade Powell or Ivory or, of course, a 2015 draft pick.

9. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I said this in another thread, but it applies to your post too

So tell me l how the Jets would be better off today if , say DRC or another veteran CB were signed and suffered an ACL tear today and , because the Jets signed the veteran, McDougle was not drafted? Because we all know that signing a vet would likely mean that the 3 rd is used elsewhere and the Jets are still down two CBs right now. All this "Idzik blew it" stuff is such BS.

10. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

More players signed in free agency means more options at CB. Say we signed Rodgers Cromartie and another big name. We would have Rodgers Cromartie, Big Name, McDougle, Milliner, Patterson, Walls, Lankster, and Wilson. More options available at higher talent levels.

I love what Idzik has done but he dropped the ball on this one. He put us in a position that left us almost useless if we lose our top guy. That's not a good thing. When Revis went down, Cromartie stepped up and had one of his best years. He was a top cornerback in this league. Who are we relying on now? Lankster and Walls? You're right, anyone could have gotten hurt, but with more talented options on the roster, the blow wouldn't have been this bad.

JETS1116, TNJet and JetsNation06 like this.
  11. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

We all know this how exactly?

12. deerow84

Well a few issues with your logic:
    -there is no way you can say for sure the UFA would have defacto got injured, they have a completely different physiology, medical history and more importantly how they play the game and practice
    -just because a CB was signed doesn't mean we couldn't draft a CB. Maybe not McDougle but that might not necessarily be a bad thing anyway

Worse come to worse we have more depth at the position if someone got hurt which you should always be thinking about.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

You are right. We have no idea what happens in the draft,but his main point is correct. Claiming idzic screwed up by not signing "x" because of an injury now is not valid criticism.

14. FJF

[quote"deerow84, post: 3034426, member: 17405"]Well a few issues with your logic:
    -there is no way you can say for sure the UFA would have defacto got injured, they have a completely different physiology, medical history and more importantly how they play the game and practice
    -just because a CB was signed doesn't mean we couldn't draft a CB. Maybe not McDougle but that might not necessarily be a bad thing anyway

Worse come to worse we have more depth at the position if someone got hurt which you should always be thinking about.[/quote]
    There is no way you can say f.a. cb would have stayed healthy. Bitching we should have signed player x because player "y" got injured is just ridiculous

15. deerow84

There is no way you can say f.a. cb would have stayed healthy. Bitching we should have signed player x because player "y" got injured is just ridiculous[/quote]

Not saying it just because of that I have been saying it all off season.

16. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

I know earlier I was contributing to the riot, but in all honesty, It's way too early to start panicking guys.

It's unfortunate and I feel bad for the players, but it could turn out that players take the opportunity and run with it. Then the CB corp will be in a better situation than it was before.

Imagine if Darrin Walls or Lankster breakout. Or perhaps the Jets trade for Jonathan Joseph who has a pro bowl season. Not to mention, Dee should be coming back early in the season. This may be an opportunity to properly address the CB situation now that Idzik cannot ignore the weakness there.

JDeacon, irishwhip03 and The 1985er like this.
  17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

You've been spoiled by seeing the best CB tandem play. We attempted to get DRC (if you remember his heart wasn't into football). Giants threw 5 yrs 39M - I do not believe Idzik was wrong in not throwing more money at DRC who btw isn't an elite level CB.

Dee should be ok come week 1 and even so we are going up against the Raiders - barring no setbacks week 2 he should be in better shape. I don't understand why you believed McDougie would be the starter from day 1 - you never even heard of the guy prior to draft day. And we all know Woody Johnson wouldn't entertain Revis returning back to the Jets so we can stick a fork in that one.

Patterson still has time to acclimate himself to the system, Walls / Dowling still have time to prove themselves. I think people need to cool their heels. We won't know if anyone dropped the ball until the end of this season.

deeznuts21 and FJF like this.
  18. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

Not for nothing but how many teams can survive injuries to 2 of their top 3 at any position?

JETS1116, Red Menace and jetsclaps like this.
  19. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

Saying Patterson isn't very good at football isn't really a fair statement. The guys not bad at all, just hurt a lot.

20. FJF

I think everyone should step back off the ledge till saturday night at the earliest. Still plenty of time to sort this out