Cavanaugh will be back as QB coach

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

2. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

3. laxin

laxin Active Member

Yeah ^ not a fan of this.

Im surprised he’s back.

4. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Not a fan of it either but I'm not surprised. Even the shithead Cimini brings up a good point about not having too much upheaval around Sanchez. Although I am sure Sparano will teach Cavanaugh the "break em down" philosophy he is bringing.

Besides, did we Really think Hugh Jackson was coming to be a half OC when he was just an HC? There's always the possibility that Moore will come back as a consultant. Unlikely, but possible.

5. RocklandJetsFan17

RocklandJetsFan17 New Member

Consistency around Sanchez

If the Jets want consistency around Sanchez, they shouldn't give him a new receiving corps every year.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Other teams are willing to part with all but their #1 WR's in trades, and sometimes even their #1's if the guys aren't great. That makes WR one of the positions the Jets can get a lot of press around in their endless campaign to win the off-season from the Giants and the Patriots.

I wouldn't expect them to stop swapping for wide receivers at this point. It's a proven tactic of theirs.

7. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Lets say Mark sucks again this year, is it going to be Cavanaugh's fault this time since Schitty is gone or is finally going to Marks fault?

8. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Adam Schein @AdamSchein Risposta Retweet Preferiti · Apri
    Jets talked to at least 5 different people I know of to be their QB coach. Stunning, and counterproductive, that Matt Cavanaugh is back.

Idk if this says more about Cavanaugh or Sanchez.

9. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

I would thinkk its the team as a whole.......if it was Brady, Rodgers, or Brees anyone would be on board though

10. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

I guess they decided in the end that more continuity was best for Sanchez. Especially since the other candidates they interviewed were either not interested or not that appealing.

11. FriendlyDolphin

Hmmm imo to get Sanchez back on track if it's possible they need to approach thing differently but I'm sure Rex has something up in his sleeve this off season and maybe some big signings in FA. I'm more interested in what the Jets will do rather then the Pats this year.

12. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

They said they tried so hard but couldn't find anyone.

13. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

On one hand, my reaction is that if the Jets were going to hold people accountable, Cavanaugh certainly should be gone. Where is the evidence he made a positive contribution last year? I don't see any.

But Sanchez probably does want some continuity, and more importantly there just may not be any otherwise suitable Qb coaches who want to work with Sanchez. I know I wouldn't.

14. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Come on BB. What Pro coach wouldn't want to work with a young QB who has the tools and has shown to be clutch in crucial situations?

15. Br4d

My guess is that the Jets inability to find a QB coach has more to do with the general flux in the organization at the moment. Nobody wants to come into a situation where the head coach is on the hot seat, and there's no question Rex is on the hot seat at this point, and the GM is probably there alongside him.

There's also the Jets ongoing search for a passing coordinator, which they've got to fill before the coaches below that in the food chain on that side of the ball are going to know what's going on.

Sanchez is a negligible factor in all of this. If he sucks, well the popular perception is he already has sucked so little or no damage to the new coach. If he succeeds on the other hand the new QB coach would get a lot of credit for that.

16. klecko73

klecko73 Guest

*SIGH*

The Jets got rid of Schottenheimer and Callahan, not going to resign Plaxico, brought in a new OC in Sparano and will likely replace Brunell. This after they dumped three of his WRs last year during a shortened off-season. This is hardly a "stable" past two years conducive to the development of a QB.

I don't think Cavanaugh was the problem last year but I do understand looking elsewhere. Cavanaugh was one of the few people that got in Sanchez's face last year unlike some of his buddy-buddy enablers in Schottenheimer and Brunell.

17. Br4d

Cavanaugh has been in Sanchez face since his rookie season. There comes a point when red and blustery loses it's value because the guy you're blustering at is immune to your technique.

What Sanchez needs is a single set of guidelines from a coach who is willing to acknowledge his strengths alongside his weaknesses. If the Jets keep trying to turn Sanchez into a pocket passer who operates out of the gun a lot they're going to fail the experiment and set the franchise back a couple of seasons as a result.

If you look at the Sanchez who has been good on the Jets the pocket is rarely the place he has been good from and the gun almost never. If you look at the Sanchez who was good at UCS? Well, go look at those vids again. He ain't in the pocket most of the time.

18. oret78

oret78 New Member

Would rather have Pennington come in, have someone with the same arm strength teach him to be accurate.

19. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

you nailed it! his apologists need a steady supply of scapegoats. Lets hope that Sanchez fixes what ails him and he can become a consistently good QB.

20. Kentucky Jet

Kentucky Jet Active Member

are you referring to Matt Stafford! ( no question mark.)