Broncos might release Aqib Talib

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by playtowinthegame, Jan 29, 2018.

1. playtowinthegame

playtowinthegame Well-Known Member

Talib is about to turn 32 next month and is set to make 11 million in base salary. I can see the Broncos just cutting him to make room for the inevitable signing of Kirk Cousins.

It they do release Talib, Jets should re-sign Morris Claiborne and sign Aqib Talib for roughly 3 years, 30 million, 12 million guaranteed. You could cut him lose after 2 years, and only have 4 million in "dead money" in year 3.

Talib and Claiborne covering top 2 opposing receivers, along with Skrine covering 3rd best receiver means more sacks for the Jets d-line. Add a guy like DeMarcus "Tank" Lawrence and we are talking about a much improved defense. Recap: Add Claiborne, Talib, and Tank.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

No thanks. He’ll be in jail for chain snatching after 1 hour in Jersey

3. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I want nothing to do with this guy.

I'm much more interested in the likes of Malcolm Butler, Trumaine Johnson, Rashaan Melvin, etc

Red Menace likes this.
  4. playtowinthegame

I've always liked Talib and the attitude he plays with. He might want to play for Bowles.

5. playtowinthegame

All great players you mention. Still, I wouldn't mind Talib, especially if it were for a safe deal you could escape after 2 seasons.

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Sign a 30+ year old CB with character issues to a big money deal with the cap space we have because the last 30+ year old CB with character issues we signed to a big money deal's contract finally ended? No thanks.

7. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Please not another old expensive cb.

I say no to Revis II.