Brian Winters-re-signed 4 year extension

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by vokab206, Jan 16, 2017.

1. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

The Ravens were in our position last year.
    They picked 6th overall, and they passed on Tunsil, who is way more talented than Robinson and was never arrested on weapons charges.

so yeah, I'm pretty confident the Ravens would not take Robinson at 6 this year.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

actually Baltimore took an offensive tackle @ 6 that all the draft nerds said was a reach and poor value. Down the stretch he played excellent and its looking like they dont have to worry about LT now. Yeah, I'd love to be in their position.

I'm just predicting they get a RT to pair up with him when the Jets worry about needing to make a splash because they can't possibly "reach" on a pick. But maybe not, baltimore is not the only smart team in the NFL

TonyFtLaud and Red Menace like this.
  3. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

You do realize all of those charges were dropped and he has not had anymore trouble with the law, right?

Your right there is no way the Ravens take him with the 6th pick...;)

4. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

At 16 the " flashy playmakers" will be gone so Robinson could make sense there. He doesn't have to be a day 1 starting tackle. Fournette would be a great pick , could be a cornerstone of the offense for years as could Cook or Williams. This being the Jets , the odds of them taking a playmaker is slim so look for more Defensive players early with a reciever taken round 7. I think LT and RT are our biggest needs besides QB and would love to see both filled first, but just as I don't think it makes sense to reach for a QB in the draft, it makes less sense to reach for a left tackle who can't pass protect.

5. BacktoQueens

I'm not suggesting offensive tackle isn't worth taking.
    i'd love to get an offensive tackle, as it's the biggest need on this team outside of QB.

I'm against taking risk in the top 10.
    the Ravens passed on Tunsil, who was a top 3 prospect, and WAY more talented than Robinson last season, based on risk.
    so obviously they wouldn't take Robinson at the 6 this year if they were in our shoes.

fortunately for the Ravens, Stanley was also available, and not a reach by any stretch (not sure why you are claiming that).
    unfortunately for us, there isn't another OT worth taking this year.
    I'd prefer looking at Bolles in round 2.

101GangGreen101 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  6. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Stanley was projected a day 1 starter, #2 Left tackle in the draft and a top 5 pick. Tunsil was graded ahead of him. Stanley has been a solid player. Tunsil, not so much. You just proved the argument against reaching for Robinson.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

you guys are right, my bad. I can't wait to see Leonard Fournette run into the ass of linemen blown up in the backfield when we have 2 running backs just as good as him anyway already on the roster. But we got to take him because Robinson is a "risk"

Then we can call Fournette a bust in a year or 2 and start over with a new GM. Classic Jets! meanwhile someone else will get a RB in the 4th round that has 3X the career of Fournette

Red Menace likes this.
  8. BacktoQueens

I agree RB is not the most practical, and Dline would just be weird.

You have to at least consider the QB's, as it's the most important position on the field, and we don't have one.
    The only WR I'd consider is Mike Williams. Marshall's time here might already be over, and we'll need a true split end or X type receiver.

The strength of the draft might be DB's.
    I normally wouldn't take a S this high, but Adams and Hooker are looking like real blue chip prospects.
    And there are a lot of really talented CB's like Humphrey, Adoree Jackson (if healthy), Lattimore, etc..

There's also the pass rusher Barnett out of Tennessee as an option.

plenty of options. we have major needs all over our roster, so just take the best player.
    I don't want a project there, but also not putting the measuring stick at week 1.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  9. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

Good contract btw , only the first two years are guaranteed.

Red Menace and BacktoQueens like this.
  10. BacktoQueens

speaking of Derek Barnett, watch him smoke Cam Robinson in this video.
    I'd much rather draft Barnett. He might be an even better prospect than Garrett for the 3-4.
    that's the type of talent I want at 6.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. RubenDias

Not just that play , just play the whole game and cam robinson got exposed he was rattled

12. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Next year, Jets should address LT in the draft. Far better prospects. And absolutely pass on Fournette, if we draft him I will throw my remote at the TV. This year, get a stop gap like Whitworth.

13. BacktoQueens

maybe Reilly Reiff..

PennyandtheJets likes this.
  14. BrowningNagle

he's going to have to learn how to use his hands. I havent watched him much but in that video it was almost like he didn't have hands.

15. BrowningNagle

If being rattled is paving the way for 409 yards rushing and 4 TDs in a 49-10 win, I'd sign up for that

Red Menace likes this.
  16. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

He lost his job at left tackle and moved to the right side. If the price is right, I don't mind taking a shot at him or Whitworth from the Bengals. Find that blue-chip LT prospect in the next draft. I like Bolles too, but I think someone will snatch him up in RD1 at the end. Seahawks for example.

17. RubenDias

im talking about the matchup cam robinson vs barnett what that has to do with deshaun watson? lol

18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Ramczyk isn't work taking? Bolles isn't worth taking? If not, why would you want to look at him in the 2nd round?

19. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I guarantee you Ramczyck and Cam are both going in the top 15.

NCJetsfan and BrowningNagle like this.
  20. BrowningNagle

linemen always end up usually going higher than the draft nerds project. You get more clicks on your mock draft website though if you fill it in with QBs, WRs, and RBs.

NCJetsfan and Red Menace like this.