BREAKING: Giants to start Geno Smith this Sunday

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by grkmanga31, Nov 28, 2017.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I watched the game I remember it well.

Fitzpatrick got knocked out of the game early.

Geno didn't do **** to keep the game close the game was a blowout when it mattered.

AND he got knocked out at the end too.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

D Carr tuned ya up for 300 and 4 tds
    Murray added another 120 in the ground, geno couldn’t keep up in a shoot out with no run game, he led the team in rushing that day and no defense. To act like he played bad is being ingenious

3. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Who gives a rat's @ss about individual stats in a blowout loss?

Geno's JOB as the backup QB that day was to keep the team in the game try to win it.

He failed miserably. The Jets got their doors blown off in that game.

Trash starting QB, trash backup QB McAdoo better pray this game goes better for Geno than his last game in Oakland.

Geno had a far superior team around him in that game than the one the Giants have going into this game.

McAdoo & the Giants have been ballswashing this bust since the day they signed him.

We'll see how it goes.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

The blowout was because the defense could not stop anything the raiders did that day. Any coach would be thrilled for their back up qb to come in off the bench and put up that stat line. But you seem to have an agenda and I am being watched by the mods and have to be on my best behavior right now, so I am going to back away from this argument and go watch the jets and then the giants
    Go geno!

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Same old Geno. Deer in the headlights.

Red Menace likes this.
  6. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Geno's taking a beating.

7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I told my buddy who is diehard Giants fan, Geno sucks and you will see what we endured with him.

I'm sure geno007 is on Giants board still in denial defending Smith.

8. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I just read through this entire thread and it seems like there are 2 camps. One that McAdoo made the right choice.
    And the other is that it could have been handled better but Eli isn't a good QB.
    The truth is, McAdoo benched Eli only in hopes of saving his job , did so when Mara and Tisch we're away at the owners meeting which is why they are considering firing him tomorrow. Mara even said he was away when the decision was made or it never would have happened the way it did. He has been blaming Eli all season for his piss poor coaching. Even with a healthy team, McAdoo never managed a game plan that scored 30 or more points.
    As for the Eli was never very good camp, how many of you would be happy with if the Jets make the playoffs 6 out of the next 12 years and Win 2 Superbowls? I would sign up for that in a second and am willing to bet most of you and most the jet fanbase would too. That's why the Giant fans are so pissed.

westiedog1 likes this.
  9. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Reports:

Eli will start Week 14, after the Giants cleaned house.

10. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

But the Giants are a great franchise!

Lol at how they handled this.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  11. Mogriffjr

Mara just talked about tanking, saying there's none of that. And Spags who is filling in, is a candidate to coach. So you know he's going to try to win. But let's stick with the motto the Giants are trying to tank.

12. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Well, that certainly is strong evidence against my view that replacing Eli with Geno was actually a deliberately smart move by the Giants, just executed very poorly. Putting Eli back in is just plain stupid, and accomplishes absolutely nothing. Good for them. Go, Eli! Lead the team to four straight wins to close out the season!

13. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, because the owner would definitely tell all the fans they are tanking (" ... no need to attend the games, either."). *eye roll*

They are tanking; that's why Geno (who will never be next year's starter, but they know sucks) started instead of Webb (who they still need to evaluate, but could possibly be good and actually win a game or two).

14. Mogriffjr

Teams dont take besides the freaking Browns and Niners

Why is Eli starting then? Shouldn't Webb get the remaining starts if so?

Walt White likes this.
  15. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

The owners are behind Eli getting bench They didn't have the cojones to do it themselves. They did him dirty.

16. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

At this point - with the starting streak gone and a record of 2-10, it is pretty fucking stupid to start Eli.
    Regardless of how they feel about him moving forward, even if they want him back, you know what you have in Eli - spare him a beating and see what you have in Webb ( or do you want to keep Geno as a backup)

17. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Because the fanbase had an unexpected meltdown because the way McAdoo handled things was so blatant that there were no other reasonable conclusions to come to other than that they intentionally wanted to lose the remaining games. Eli is starting again because Francesa just spent the last week hitting the Giants' coach and GM in the nuts with a sledgehammer 4 hours a day and Mara is taking the do-over opportunity the NY media has gifted him and is using it to pretend it was all a misunderstanding rather than double down and effectively say "Yes, we're tanking. We suck this year and we're going to set ourselves up for the next decade." He should double-down, but he has concluded it's not worth the hassle.

18. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I disagree, no do-over here. Mara has taken a major, permanent hit on this. He was on Kay yesterday and during and after the interview they were ripping Mara for lying to their face about why he chose now to fire Ben & Jerry. Either he let doo-doo do his dirty work to bench Eli, or he didn't actually value Eli enough to handle the situation properly., or he was just completely tone deaf and incompetent. Either way the fanbase will not forgive him for this. He can try to do things properly from this point forward but this is a permanent mark on his record and the Giants are no longer some sort of special "classy" organization

Mogriffjr likes this.