Boston RedSox @ NYYankees 5/4-5/5

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by EcKo151, May 3, 2009.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I guess i just miss the people like Oneill,who would trash the water cooler after striking out. Atleast when he failed,i knew he gave a shit. I miss outfielders that went to the wall on a deep fly,not waiting their old ass 10 feet off for the the ball to bounce back to them and the guy gets a triple.

2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

there are way too many smiles in that dugout for me also

3. typeOnegative13NY

Definetly. It makes me feel stupid for caring. And even more stupid for shelling out the $ for extra innings lol

4. jonnyd

how bout the retards sitting at Yankee stadium in the rain? Paying hundreds and hundreds of dollars

5. typeOnegative13NY

yeah,that sucks even more. I would think one of the Steinbrenners would speak up soon if they don't want to see tix prices keep falling and more empty seats. George must be in pretty bad shape,no way he would've been silent.

6. jonnyd

I think George is sitting somewhere in Tampa with his underwear on the outside of his pants.

7. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

My brother asked me a couple hours ago if I wanted to go to the game tonight. He gets his boss' tickets, the box seats. I told him no, I'd rather watch the finales of Scrubs, Ted, and tonight's LOST.

Fuck.

The.

Yankees.

8. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

See, this is the shit I will never understand. You liked having players who threw hissy fits because that's what you think is caring?

Do you like the parents who scream and beat their kids, because it shows that they care? Did anyone ever accuse Jeter of not caring? He always has the same look on his face.

Maybe you should root for the Red Sox. You can watch Youkilis and Pedroia have five temper tantrums per game. Boy, do they care!

9. jonnyd

noone is uglier that Youk when he throws a fit. no homo

10. typeOnegative13NY

Well,I am 33 and have been a Yankees fan since a kid. So the "maybe you should go root for..." isn't going to work. And yes,when a player gets pissed that they didn't do well and throws a fit,it makes me think they are passionate about it. We can leave Jeter out of this becuase i won't ever accuse him of not caring. If anything,i feel bad for him because i have a feeling that he doesn't like the building of this team either.
    How does Paul Oneill's passion compare to a parent and their kids?

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Alright now, this is just a little too much drama. Did they let you take your testicles home in a jar after the operation?

12. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

I am 33 and have been a Yankees fan all my life, too. Hooray for us.

I just don't see how throwing emotional outbursts = caring. You could make the argument that it's a lack of focus, and hurts their performance.

So you leave Jeter out of it. What about Bernie? Or Mo? Do you think they didn't/don't care? Or Torre... people always talked about his calm demeanor being a plus. Maybe he just didn't care?

I just find this attitude to be a knee-jerk response with no bearing on the reality of performance. Getting mad doesn't change anything.

Imagine if your co-workers screamed and knocked shit over whenever they underperformed on the job. What would you think of them? Would you think they were "passionate"? Or would you think they were lunatic crybabies?

13. typeOnegative13NY

I guess my point is that people like Arod an Teixiera would not fit on the Yankees teams of the late 90s. The Arod and Tex decisions to come here were all about high dollar and nothing else. I don't mean that every player has to trash a water cooler,but i dont want to hear about them out and fucking madonna til all hours of the night,then coming in and striking out 3 times because they dont give a shit about anything but their money. It may be just my opinion,but i'll bet that paul Oneill cared more about the team winning a championship than Arod ever will. During those days i never questioned it.

14. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

You are missing the point of how much fun that would be..the Yankees had a guy with one arm throw a no hitter..maybe they can now have one throw a no hitter with both arms..as the article says, he wouldn't even be on a pitch count..imagine that in this day of pussies playing baseball.

15. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

A-Rod is a strange case. I don' think he doesn't care about winning. I think other stuff gets in the way of that, though, because he's so... so... awkward. Some of this is his own fault, some not as much, and you're just getting the results of the 24-hours sports news cycle circle-jerk from the mediots. I mean, again, look at Jeter. How much tail has that dude had in his time in NY. High profile shit, too. But you never see those kinds of stories about him.

I think you're jumping to conclusions regarding Teixeira, though.

No, I get that it'd be fun. I wouldn't get your hopes up, though. He doesn't have the stuff.

16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

whats devilonthetownhallroof have to do with this?

17. jonnyd

hahahahahhaah