Barkley not going 1st overall

Discussion in 'Draft' started by NOVAJET, Mar 14, 2018.

1. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

The speculation is that the Browns are drafting Barkley at 1. I just don't see it happening especially after giving Carlos Hyde almost 6 million a year. That's starter money and you don't do that imo knowing you are drafting a 3 down stud in Barkley. Barkley is not a QB, if the Browns love one of the four they won't give him up for a RB or if they can get a slew of picks in return.
    Now the question is where will he go. Giants and Broncos won't pick in the top 5 very often, both need a QB and the Bills are going to trade into the top 5. I believe he goes to the Colts at 3 unless they trade that pick to the Bills then he goes to the Browns at 4.

2. GreenGreek

GreenGreek Well-Known Member

I agree. I think the Bills trade to #12 & the Jets missing out on Cousins basically forced Cleveland into going QB at #1. They may have 2 QBs they like, and with Buffalo, NYJ & Arizona all likely looking to move up, they can't risk their guy not being there at #4.

It's likely Darnold at #1, Barkley or a trade for Rosen at #2, Chubb or a trade for Rosen/Mayfield at #3, and Chubb/Fitz or a trade down at #4.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm one of the people who thought the Browns would use the #1 on Barkley and I agree that seems much less likely now.

Hyde will be 28 early next season and he had a real decline in productivity last year. I think the Browns probably made a mistake but it wasn't a huge cap-impacting mistake, just picking up a guy who is likely to be on the bubble in a year or two as a cap casualty.

The Browns must have identified a QB that they think is clearly superior to the other 4 in the first round morass.

Given Dorsey's roots with the Packers it's tempting to project Sam Darnold there but in this draft there are so many variables that it could be any of them.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Browns will take Darnold or Allen at 1. Giants will take Barkley at 2. I doubt the Giants trade out if Barkley is available. This is better for the Jets hopes of a QB falling to 6. Indy will take Chubb or trade.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.