Authentic NFL Jersey?

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by soxxx, Jun 17, 2010.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Does anyone have one, are they worth the money? I was considering getting Shonne Greene Jersey but I was a little hesitant because i'm not sure how long he will be here for. I hope he becomes our main RB for a long time.

So are Authentic Jerseys worth the money?

Thanks, I asked this in the Jersey Topic but it got kinda ignored/skipped sorry.

2. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Yes. Real authentic jerseys are definitely worth the money.

1. You don't have to worry about looking like an idiot with some of these fakes that come with off color OR bigger in real life numbers/name plates.

2. You don't have to worry about the authentic's falling apart like all of these fakes will do in a short period of time. You have more threads coming apart on the fakes than the authentics, by far, and the numbers on the back or front could start to peel off (on the fakes), too.

3. You never have to pay full price for an authentic. You can always get AT LEAST 15% off by using NFLShop.com. If you're getting a Jets jersey its $214.99 - 15-20% off, depending.

4. You will feel the difference, you will feel how nice the jersey is.

Bottom line don't buy anyone stupid. Don't go in there buying anyone with an expriring contract either. If you're going to buy a Greene by it NOW. Never buy someone whose played more than 2 years on a rookie deal who hasn't gotten an extension. So if you want Greene, buy him now. If not Greene then obviously Sanchez is a safe choice. Wait until players like D'Brickashaw, Harris, Mangold & Revis get extensions before you buy them.

Good luck.

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

What about after you wash the Jersey. Does it get fucked up like the fake ones do.

4. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

Do replica's count as fake? 200 bucks is a lot of money for a jersey...

5. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Hand wash mine only- or Dry Cleaner

From some site...

Instructions
    Step 1
    Hand wash your jersey. It is recommended by NFL equipment managers to use a non-abrasive, color-fast detergent to wash jerseys. Woolite matches this description. Run cool water in a large sink, pour one cap of Woolite into the running water and suds will appear. Put the jersey in and wash immediately.

Step 2
    Rinse the jersey thoroughly by emptying the sink and getting rid of the suds. Then put the jersey in running cold water and get all of the detergent out of it. Check your jersey once the soap is out and it is rinsed; it should be clean and it should have a very pleasant and fresh smell.

Step 3
    Wash the jersey again in the color-fast detergent if all the stains have not come out. A second washing will remove all stains except anything permanent. It will take out blood. After washing it a second time, rinse thoroughly.

Step 4
    Line dry your NFL jersey. The worse mistake you can make is to put it in the dryer. Putting it in the dryer will damage the numbers, letters and symbols on the uniform. Let it line dry for about 24 hours in a non-humid area.

Step 5
    Take your jersey to the dry cleaner if you are not adept at hand-washing it. The dry cleaner uses chemicals and not heat drying, so your jersey will be safe.

6. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Seriously. I paid $50 for a knock off Revis home-team jersey, and the green was clearly lighter than my other jerseys. Unfortunately, I didn't realize this until I went to the Jets mini-camp practice and noticed the difference in color.

This is actually the biggest concern. Nothing sucks more than spending $200+ on a jersey that becomes worthless the following season.

P.S. What size do you guys typically go with? I'm 5'10.5", medium build. I was thinking 50, no?

7. MadBacker Prime

That depends on what you plan to have on underneath.

I think I'd go with a 48 if I were you, you don't want to be swimming in it.

8. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

Hmm. Most likely just a plain white t-shirt. The knock off I got says it's a 50, and it fits perfectly. Trouble is, I don't know how accurate the knock-off sizing is to the real thing.

A 50 also represents a Large, according to the NFLShop.com website:

http://www.nflshop.com/product/sizeChart.jsp?productId=1772660

I think I'll give them a call to check their exchange procedures just in case.

9. MadBacker Prime

It's your chest size, and the authentics are longer too.

Those fakes are always off in sizes, so it's a tough call. You could go try one on, not sure what you are close too.

10. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

I haven't been able to find a store that sells them. Only replicas. What chains carry them?

11. MurrellMartin

For what size to go with I'd say buy a size up from what you really are. My GF bought me my first fake authentic for my birthday (she didn't know any better and thought what a great deal! of course I have not broken her heart yet by telling her isn't real and I never will tell her) but I usually wear a 54 and it is very tight in the chest area and I have lost 10-15lbs recently so I know it wasn't from gaining weight. Then again, I have no idea what site she got it from and all of the fake sites could be different.

12. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

If you're willing to spend $200 get an authentic. If you wanna go the route I went down, get 4 jerseys from china that 99% of people won't know the difference from for the same price as one real jersey.

13. jetsflyinginjersey

Exactly. I got a Sanchez one. Has all the correct patches, the green is the correct shade, everything. Only thing that could be ""off" is the 6, but all of my buddies swore it's authentic. I would buy a authentic NFL jersey when the price comes below $200, more so like NBA authentics. I only buy authentic for NBA. NFL, it's just too damn expensive.

14. MurrellMartin

Aren't NBA authentics $179.99? The swingmans are $79.99.

15. Digetydog

Digetydog Member

I had one and the guy got hurt the next year. Never played again. As a result, I always get a replica for 1/3 the price. As guys retire or move to other teams, I just replace it.

Exception: intentionally get a retired guys Jersey. Namath??

16. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Yea they are. I just bought a Tim Duncan Authentic Jersey.

I'll just wait a little before I get a Jets Jersey.

I mean its ridicolous how much people get moved around in the NFL. I mean Cotchery is like the only player who was on the team 5 years ago. Thats dumb if i'm going to buy an Authentic which will be gone within a few years.

Maybe i'll wait for the Jets to win a SuperBowl cuz then I can wear that jersey forever no matter where the player goes.

17. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

just get an authentic Sanchez hes not going anywhere and if you dont wanna do that get a Curtis Martin you can never go wrong there!

18. dthomas53

dthomas53 New Member

I've called Dick's and Sports Authority, both say they don't carry authentic jerseys. Does anyone know of any store in northern NJ that carry them?

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Modells might I think...

20. MadBacker Prime

Some of the Mom and Pop shops in the malls might. I know a place up in Middeltown NY did.

Modells might-

If your in NYC, the Jets Shop does.