Arden Key compared to Aldon Smith

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AJT73, Apr 25, 2018.

1. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

http://gridironnow.com/nfl-scouts-already-fully-aware-lsu-edge-rusher-arden-key/

This is an article from 2017. I heard it recently too. Arden Key is compared to Aldon Smith on and off the field. I know a number of us are talking about him for our third round pick if he is there. If teams buy into this article and others I can see him falling to the 4th or 5th when a team is willing to draft him. Be interesting to see how it unfolds. Hopefully for him he plays like Smith on the field and corrects himself off the field.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Isn't Smith suspended or out of the NFL now? We don't need any player that is even remotely like Smith off the field. Haven't Richardson and Anderson been enough? I'm in favor of drafting no more players whose name ends in "son." LOL

3. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I dislike Key on the field enough to avoid him. I see more Barkevious Mingo than Aldon Smith to his game.

4. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I'm intrigued by Key. If he stays out of trouble I'd be ok with him. But something tells me he won't and he reminds me of Wilkerson. I don't think the Jets want anymore questionable players so I think they'll avoid him.

5. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

He is. If he is anything like Smith off the field don't take him. He'll be out of the league in a year if not sooner.