Anyone think we will really be at 4 on draft day?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JVilma51, Feb 21, 2006.

1. JVilma51

JVilma51 Member

With abe surely being franchised this week it truly looks like we are not going to be at that 4 spot and take D'Brick? Anyone have any ideas where or what we will do with Abe and where that will put us in the draft? Just looking for ideas...cause we have a lot of options open

2. Pride

Pride New Member

I really cant see us getting a first rounder for Abe. Yea he's a premier Defensive End but teams know were trying to dump him and he is a question mark to stay healthy. I would like us to trade to the mid first round n take Deangelo or my boy Lendale

3. MSUJet85

MSUJet85 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I thought I would never see that gif again after the server crashed thanks for your sig :grin:

And no I see us trading down

4. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I have actually thought of the possibility of us moving up from our second round pick into the first round with Abe as the bait. Mid first rounder from a team that needs a DE.

5. JVilma51

JVilma51 Member

ha that sig is a classic

6. Pride

Pride New Member

Thanks guys, im pretty new to the board but i know my Jets football, happy to be home here with Gang Green Nation

7. californiajet

californiajet Member

how bout abe for MATT SCHAUB (sp?)......The falcons have similar situation. They have MEGA bucks tied up in Vick and Schaub will be a RFA next year. They get a franchise DE for their backup we get a potentially very good QB. Sounds good to me. Then if we dont trade down go:

1) D brick
    2) Maurice Drew
    3) Greg Eslinger

8. Pride

Pride New Member

I dont like Shaub 4 Abe i just feel like its giving up to much 4 an unproven commodity n maurice drew in round 2 is to high. i would like to trade down n my dream draft is 1) deangelo or lendale(after trading down n picking up 2nd round pick) 2) Max Jean Gilles 2) Croyle 3) Sinorice Moss (probably wont be there)

9. YoungJet

YoungJet Member

Probably not. If we give up completely on Chad we may move up to go after Lienart(rumor, that I hope is not true). If we decide to build the O'Line and possibly aquire a runningback then we're likely to move down. Personally I would trade down and draft DeAndello Williams and then a RT, LG, and C after that and maybe Croyle or Whitehurst if we don't find a possible starter in free agency or through a trade. Also if we don't like any of the top QB's in this draft and we don't think Penny can come back, we still don't have to take one. Brooks can start for another year if we have more interest in Quinn or Jordan Palmer next year.

#9 YoungJet, Feb 21, 2006
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2006
  10. Phyr

Phyr Member

That would be awesome on paper. However, since we are getting rid of Abe, losing Law, need a nose tackle, and perhaps another linebacker if we go into the 3-4 one of those picks needs to be defense. This is way as much as I would like D'brickshaw, we need to trade down and get as much 2 and 3 round picks as we can.

11. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

If the Jets can get a mid-round #1 for Abe, than you can draft Cutler with that and get the OT, DT or Hawk with #4.

12. LI JET FAN

LI JET FAN New Member

Detroit has been mentioned as a possible home for Abraham.Millen may be willing to give up their #1 for him. That could mean getting 2 impact players in the first round.

13. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

What pick does Detroit have?

14. MN_Jet_Fan

MN_Jet_Fan New Member

I don't think I'd take anything less than a #1 for Abe. I'd rather have Tanny find a way to keep him here if we can't get a 1st.

15. MN_Jet_Fan

MN_Jet_Fan New Member

#9. A nice pick to have

16. jdon

jdon Well-Known Member

I think they will trade down.How far down will determine what kind of pick they get. I think they are looking to get as many picks in the first two rounds as they can. they will be cutting some quality players and need to replenish. getting one big time tackle does not accelerate this replenishing program. Trade down, get a good OL and a good something else for the slot for DF.
    Or go defense--cut Ellis, trade Abraham. Draft Mario Williams and play BT on the other side. They get what they get for Abraham, lose some salary and land a stud on defense, who can play 4-3 or 3-4.

17. ny2dave

ny2dave New Member

That would be real nice. #4 and #9, yep, I could deal with that.

18. LWC611

LWC611 Member

I am not drinking the kool-aid on cutler the vandy dandy. If we are going to trade down we should pick up a OL maybe, winston from the U.

19. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

if we get the #4 and #9...i would be content with either D' Brick/Cutler at #4 and D Williams at #9

20. JetLag

JetLag New Member

Ellis cannot be traded unless you'd like to sign us up for another $10M in dead cap space.