Another year, another.....

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by GoldenShowers, Oct 27, 2012.

1. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Non-undefeated Gator squad. One day you guys will experience have a truly great team. Not this year though. Such a shame.

2. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Hahaha, one man's successful team is another man's nightmare. Obviously the Gators being successful is your nightmare. 7Ws and 1 L gets a not bad in my book. It's better than 3Ws and 4Ls at least. Besides, the Gators will be in a BCS bowl for sure. That's a 7kk pay day.

Also, going undefeated is not necessarily the only measure of a great team. Surely you know that and are just trying to get a Gator's goat.

FYI, even with the Gators obviously having some great teams, we have never gone undefeated. The Gators going undefeated is the main record Tim wanted and didn't get, despite winning 2 National Championships with Tim on the team.

3. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

"you guys" the 4 gator fans on the board?

Golden one day you will figure out why you need to troll with your hate. it will be a good day, a catharsis of some sort. I hope the best for you on that day.

4. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

Not going to respond to the OP, but this just highlights one component of the Tebow phenomenon... People who hate the Florida Gators.

It kills me when the Gators lose, but when other teams lose, such as FSU or Alabama, you would never find me actively seeking out their fans to antagonize them. I concentrate on my team not on others.

I am no Alabama fan, but I still have Trent Richardson on my fantasy football roster :)

5. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Here's a link to a list of undefeated NCAA Division 1 football teams if you are truely interested. My guess is that you aren't but I am having fun looking this stuff up. The linked site will take you back to 1870 when Princeton went undefeated with 1 win. Hahaha
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_undefeated_NCAA_Division_I_football_teams

Notice there are only;
    2 in 2010
    2 in 2009
    1 in 2008
    0 in 2007
    1 in 2006
    1 in 2005
    3 in 2004
    0 in 2003
    1 in 2002
    1 in 2001
    1 in 2000
    and so on.

It is true that to have an undefeated season is a serious bragging right but not the end all of the be all as a National Championship is the biggest prize.

It is also true that strength of schedule has everything to do with going undefeated.

6. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

Yeah, we got beaten today but you don't see me on the Bulldogs forum talking shit.

7. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

Think how uncomfortable Tebow makes Goldenshowers feel and you will feel sorry for him. Tebow makes him feel uncomfortable as a human being.

Its not about football for him obviously.

8. GoldenShowers

But see the Gators being that 2nd tier team historically is why you all need to prop up Tebow. It's the Napolean complex.

Alabama, Notre Dame, Michigan, Miami, OSU, Nebraska, Southern Cal, Oklahoma. This is the group that the Gators feel they are in, despite not being even close to their achievements, particularly pre Tebow and still post Tebow.

Bc of this insecurity, they devote their time trying to tell you how they really ARE that good despite no body believing them and the majority of world recognizing that they are in fact not a historical program.

This pattern of behavior was then easily transferred onto Tebow. Good teams don't need to tell you how good their players are, or how magical their teams are. Only insecure fans do that.

This whole Tebow forum is a farce. It's really a "please acknowledge us as being good!" Gator self help center.

9. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Hmm, I'm not touching that.

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Saw Columbia took down Yale for the first time in ten years. For those of you with an interest in higher education and all.

11. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

LOL Dierking. On the other hand, it's hard to take someone with the handle "GoldenShowers" seriously. At least on a football forum.

12. Gastin-oh

Gastin-oh New Member

I know right? I got my degree at UConn and TBH I couldn't even care less about their girls/boys basketball championships or that nonsense or 1/2 way decent football team since I left the campus a decade ago. I guess if you don't have a big city mentality and your college is your pro team this shit is 'for real' as they say.

13. JaxSuzy

JaxSuzy Banned

UConn - yeah I wouldn't have followed them either

14. Gastin-oh

Gastin-oh New Member

Wow.. but like a bazillion National Championships or something that I could care less about. My paycheck likes it though. :breakdance:

edit: I think like 10 or something in major sports (boys and gals) since I graduated - the alumni collection calls keep saying when they try to squeeze even more out of me

#14 Gastin-oh, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  15. GoldenShowers

Uconn basketball is actually more dominant that UF football.

UF is not even in the top 10 in national titles. They aren't the top team in their conference, nor their state. And before Tebow, they were a pathetic 1 title team that acts like they are special.

Now that Tebow is mostly a national joke, it brings back their insecurity knowing that they aren't the elite program they pretend to be. When the best player on the team that took you out of joke status ends up a national joke, you start to question said teams place in history.

16. Bannon

Bannon New Member

Non-undefeated? Newsflash -- the Gators are not good. They've got more losses waiting for them. The milestone of not being undefeated because of yesterday is not significant.

17. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I always considered the Gators more like the Jets. They were the hapless team from a big state that had never won the SEC before Spurrier got there. Georgia owned them up until the 90's.

Suddenly when Spurrier was coaching them up, everybody acted like their recruiting and roster was elite, but in reality they've been a sort of snake-bit and hapless program for most of their history.

18. NewEnglandJet

NewEnglandJet Banned

Some people are so affected.

19. Backup QB

Backup QB Active Member

2nd tier teams do not win national championships.

There is no team in Florida better than UF now or in the past 15 or so years. UF is the top football and overall sports program in the state.

Florida has beaten pretty much every team that you listed as elite. Post-Tebow, we have not been that good, but seriously funny that you choose to post this B.S. after a loss that we were previously the #2 ranked team in the nation. How convenient.

UF's football pedigree is established and confirmed.

20. Remarker

Remarker Banned

Say it ain't so, Joe. That would be the FSU game except for a bowl game.

I can take the Dogs loss better than a FSU loss. Especially when everything was left on the field like yesterday. The Dogs wanted the win more than the Gators had enough butt to stop them.

Ya know, Danielson seems like he's making ref. calls from the booth. It was pissing me off. He clearly had a Dog bias. However, if I was on a coaching staff I would have a link to the announcers just to hear their opinions. That incomplete called pass by the Dogs may not have even been reviewed except for Danielson and that cost the Gators a 3 and out late in the game. I'm all for reviewing plays to 'get it right' but that reception was ify in my view and not enough to overturn the refs. call. But it is predictable a Gator would think like that, no?

#20 Remarker, Oct 28, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2012