Another great win for these young Jets. Make that 3 consecutive!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Oct 8, 2017.

1. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Why are you limiting it to the Jets? Why don't you go ahead and find me a theme that said "fuck the rest of the roster, we are going to reach for a quarterback and then toss him to the fire and it's going to work out"?

Bottom line here is the notion that the only thing that matters is a quarterback when you are rebuilding is very dumb.

Kris 15, TwoHeadedMonster and FJF like this.
  2. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

Loving that we have already won more games than most pundits think we will win all year, yes browns and dolphins suck but jags have beaten Ravens and Steelers either side of us beating them. At home I give us a shot at keeping it close against the Pats and then maybe just maybe sneaking a win. Lets just enjoy winning while it lasts and next year maybe we get the next Deshaun Watson at pick 12, then we would all forget the names Petty and Hackenberg for a while.

LAJet likes this.
  3. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Maybe not, but also don't think any team in the NFL handles QB succession any differently. I do agree that this team has historically had bad approaches to the importance of the position, drafting and evaluating QB talent.

4. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Back on the subject about them getting 3 wins and all these so called 'experts' stated they would be lucky to win 1, well, it just goes to show you there all idiots, lol. So I predicted 5 wins , not that I'm doing any pomp and circumstance routine, what does that make me? A fan that still can't figure where this team will be headed in the next 2-3 years with McCown. It would be safe to say they won't win many games if they stay the course.

5. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Lump me in with the idiots, bc i said 2-14 with wins only against the Browns and Jags

I think i had em at 5-11 after going over the schedule yesterday

Point is, they have a young core and some talent and a lot of good role players. Now we just need a few stars to really become a good team that will stay in contention for years not 1 or 2

6. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

It's not "reaching for QB and tossing " There are TWO of them ON THE ROSTER already. Surrounded by eager enthusiastic youth you love so much.

Why teaching and developing youth involves every position except QB?
    Why are you discriminating against QBs? Why do you hate them so much?

You got nothing to respond to Jets record. Just bullshit and deflection.
    Nice job. You're very convincing!

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  7. STARoSCREAM

A real quick look to the future FA class of 2018 shows that there are no real viable WR and the only other skill position that works is Lev Bell at RB

We have all this money and no one to through it at.

I would suggest bolstering our O-line and trying for a QB or WR in the draft. This way we have our salary spread out among the roster instead of dumping a large % of it into a handful of players.

But like i said before, the core seems to coming together nicely.

8. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Andrew Luck will probably be available. Maybe that's the master plan. Who knows...

9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Where did this fantasy that Andrew Luck will be available come from? I keep seeing it mentioned and smh each time. Luck is locked into a long term deal, he gave up his right to decide where he wants to play the minute he signed that contract.

Andrew Luck will not be available, stop already.

10. STARoSCREAM

Have to agree, They wouldn't let him go for 3 #1's

I think people WANT to believe we can trade for him bc Brisett has been ok for them. Not happening

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

This is why I disagree with you FJF.... because your simple math problem applied to Ryan Fitzpatrick as well and yet they still gave him a $12 million contract extension.

I don't want to see them make the same mistake. Win a few games and think they are okay going forward with Josh McClown like they already did with Fitzy.

Fortunately, I dont think we'll have to worry. I think the last 2 wins were extremely lucky and they will start losing a lot and McClown's never made it through a 16 game season because he holds onto the ball too long. But- like I said, I never thought they would ever do what they did with Fitzpatrick either

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I keep seeing people mention Luck not being happy as if that matters even in the least, this isn’t the NBA where a star can dictate his future. If Luck was that unhappy he would’ve held off signing that massive contract and chose his next team, he didn’t case closed.

Now Brissett becomes a semi interesting possibility and MAY be available if Luck comes back and proves he’s healthy.

13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Why are you getting so worked up? Calm down a little bit. You want me to respond to someone who brings up the Jets record when talking about QBs? Well then shit I guess Brock Osweiller deserved every cent he got! Long story short, pinning a teams record on quarterbacks and the way they evaluate them is very lazy.

Also in your fit of rage, you're missing a big difference in your opinion and mine. You flat out said nothing else matters unless there is a QB being developed. I'm saying there are plenty other things you can develop as well. I'll try to make it make sense for you:

You really want a roast beef sandwich with lettuce, cheese and mayo. The deli is out of the type of cheese you want but they have another kind that gets the job done and still lets you enjoy the rest of the sandwich. Do you throw your hands up, get your panties in a bunch and the storm out of the deli saying you can't have a sandwich without that particular type of cheese?

Yankjetfan likes this.
  14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

And let me say I didn't want fitz back either but, mac drafted a qb with a premium pick after signing fitz. So, while the player picked is questionable,mac did understand that resigning fitz didn't fix the long term qb issue. To that end, I stand firm that playing mccown answers the question of whether they have anything on the bench right now. As far as draft position, I just don't know how you get a coach who maybe coaching for his job to put in a qb he thinks is worse than what is starting now this early in the season,with the record they have, regardless of whether or not that record is deserved.
    I do agree that the situation will work itself out and we will see petty and probably hack at some point but we are at least a month away from that.

15. STARoSCREAM

I like what i see from Brissett, but I'm not sure if its the system of down field throwing that he's in and the fact they're down so often that they HAVE to throw, which is padding some of his stats.

I'd be ok bringing him in, but not giving up a lot to trade nor giving him a ton of money up front

I dont want another Osweiler situation here

16. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

I'm not worked up about you, I'm worked up about FO doing stupid shit.
    Yes, there are more ingredient to the perfect sandwich than just QB. If Jets only had 3 McCowns -- sure play one of them.
    But you got 2 kids sitting on the bench while team goes nowhere. If you're evaluating youth -- evaluate, damn it! All of them, including QBs.

What will end up happening is that Jets again will finish the season too high to draft a QB, and still without firm idea what Hack and Petty are capable of. Does it have to be one or the other -- QBs or all other youth? Can it be both?

Why it isn't?

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  17. RuJFan

RuJFan Well-Known Member

Luck and his dad don't want to play @ Indy.
    Indy is shitty enough to get a VERY high draft pick, making a potential FQB available.
    Luck can easily command a 1st rounder in a trade, probably more.

High pick + likely additional pick would allow Indy to rebuild on the fly.

No, there is no concrete evidence that Luck will be available, but the scenario is quite possible.

18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

We're 3-2 and playing the Pats for first place. We have to play McCown this week. If we get exposed, then we can go to Petty.

Cman68 and TonyFtLaud like this.
  19. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

You guys are really getting depressing. If the Jets miraculously beat the Pats this week 63-3, I think some of you guys would be pissed about it.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  20. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

What about Landry, Watkins, Jeffrey and Pryor at WR ?
    Cousins, Bradford , Bridgewater, Garoppolo at QB?
    Jimmy Graham and Tyler Eifert at TE?
    Nate Solder is the only real standout o lineman that looks like he will hit the market and I don't think he is much of an upgrade at LT.
    Don't forget we have plenty of our own FAs to resign and there is no need to spend it all next season. We were over the cap to start this League year so there is plenty of time to hold over cap space.