Andrew Luck on the Move (pure speculation)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Sep 15, 2017.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I've heard a lot of talk over the WFAN airwaves about the potential of Andrew Luck being on the move after the season.

He was apparently very frustrated last season, being forced back into action too quickly after taking yet another beating throughout the season. So now he won't be coming back until he's 100% healthy and if the Colts are 0-6 by that time (mid October is the projection) is there really a point for him to play?

This could be a good opportunity for the Colts to completely rebuild their roster with the haul from him.

So the San Francisco 49ers have been the basis of these discussions with their promising young head coach and a bunch of young high draft picks on defense, along with a young [solid, not great] runningback they could re-sign.

They would need to build the offense some
    more around him, but Luck has proven he doesn't need a lot, but he does need more help in the future. They also sport about $51 million in cap space, although Luck would account for a lot of that.

So what would it take to get Andrew Luck? We also have to remember that this could be a player that makes it clear to the franchise that he wants out and this hurts their negotiating power.

Two firsts and a couple seconds?

This would likely give the Colts two top five picks and potentially the top pick in the draft so they could go quarterback/offensive tackle or even go quarterback and then get their blue chip defensive player to truly build around.

Maybe they get #1 and #3 and take Darnold & Barkley. Or Darnold & Derwin James. Or Darnold & Arden Key? Maybe they take Darnold and trade down the second pick to a QB needy franchise that deems Josh Allen or Lamar Jackson worthy of the pick. The possibilities are endless and it seems like it could be a good moves for the Colts to jumpstart the rebuild.

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Can a mod change the thread title from 'I've' to 'Move,' please? Always on my phone so damn autocorrect for some stupid reason.

Royal Tee likes this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

i think the smarter move for the colts would be to ir luck, tank and sell the high pick for a boat load. use the boat load to build around a now refreshed and healed luck.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

True. But there's rumors floating around there that Luck and his father are going to create a shitstorm to get him moved because of how ineptly that franchise is run.

And man do I hate thinking about the idea of a grown ass man having his father create problems for him. Imagine your dad creating a problem in your office demanding you be moved to a different location, in any other profession in the world.

Or maybe they hold onto the pick and take Barkley or one of the tackles anyways?

5. NYCBillsFan

NYCBillsFan Well-Known Member

Why? Clicked this thread solely based on the incoherent thread title. More clicks man!!!!!!

slimjasi and Bellows1 like this.
  6. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

to your question, yes I'd trade 2 first rounders and 2 second rounders in a heartbeat for Luck.
    I don't see Indy trading him though, especially for that return.

7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Archie Manning *caugh caugh*.

I think Andrew Luck should be more frustrated for looking like the biggest goober ever born. I couldn't care less about a former division rival having an ineptly run franchise. We own that distinction, and I have zero sympathy. Besides, the last place Luck would ever land is the Jets because the plane would probably crash. If he's trying not hang himself from a ceiling fan in the team dorm in Indy, it's practically signing a DNR at Florham Park.

8. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

The guy is always hurt, I wouldn't give away what it would take to get him. I'd rather build through the draft or go after Cousins or possibly Alex Smith if he leaves KC, and keep our picks to continue building this team.

9. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

You would rather sign Alex Smith than trade for Luck? That's very interesting. I know he's having a career year, but everything is in place for him there. If he came here, the offense wouldn't really improve much at all. Luck is a player that can carry an offense.

10. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

I'm very concerned with Luck's ability to stay on the field , and the amount of draft picks it would take to sign him .
    I'm not for trading away all our picks for this year and next to get a guy who probably won't play a full season .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FJF and Linebacker712 like this.
  11. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I guess that's the risk you take for your franchise qb hopes. I know Smith wouldn't be a long term solution, and you're right about the injury bug. It is concerning with Luck. I guess it comes down to personal opinion, and compensation needed to pull off the trade. Luck has played multiple full seasons too. It's not like he shows promise, then gets hurt every season.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

He has to be one of the most hit quarterback in the league. Every time I see him play he's getting decked and not sacked the way Tom Brady does where he practically lays down.

He definitely needs to adjust his way of playing this game to protect himself, but he's built like an iron horse at 6'4" 240 pounds.

He's also been in an offense that attacks down the field all time to hit big plays. We haven't seen him in a more WCO that opens up the down field passing with short horizontal games first.

I want to keep building this team too. But if they said we'll give him to you for a couple firsts and a couple seconds I think you have to pull that trigger.

He'd easily be the most talented quarterback this franchise has ever had.

13. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

That is a big concern of mine. Luck would probably be one of the elite QBs of the league if he wasn't on the sidelines half the time. The thing is, we already had that in QB when we had Chad Pennington.

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

you take that risk with homegrown franchise qb. taking that risk while eating up a ton of cap space and multiple premium picks is a dicey situation.
    i'd pass on luck too

15. NovaScotiaPatsFan

NovaScotiaPatsFan New Member

As a Pats fan it sucks to see such a classy kid on such a classless organization. I wish him personally the best, but not the Colts.