And you want to know why Sam is struggling. ....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Nov 11, 2018.

1. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

Fixed that for you.

The disparity in talent in the NFL is much slimmer than any of the other major sports. Our team isn't this much less talented than the Bills or the Dolphins(if at all)...

It's Bowles.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

How can you say Sam is a bust when Josh played today & got the exact same results. The offense has no fluidity, nothing comes easy, no open receivers, bad pass protection, poor run blocking, and you say Sam is a bust. When the running game was working & the pass protection was good, Sam played well, example Broncos, Lions, Colts games. That shows me with a good supporting cast he has the Tallent to be good. HE CAN'T DO IT BY HIMSELF...NO QB CAN!!

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Hawk-o is a troll.

BudJet and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. Hawk-o

Hawk-o Active Member

Not a troll. It's obvious Mac can not pick talent, what makes you think Sam Darnold is a championship caliber QB? Oh, loser Tony Romo the turnover machine who never won anything said Darnold is going to be great. GTFO OF HERE.

5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

He passed up Mahommes and Watson last year too.

jets_fan likes this.
  6. Hawk-o

Hawk-o Active Member

Exactly, at this point I have zero faith in the ability of Mac to pick a Super Bowl champion franchise QB. He is obviously a terrible evaluator of talent. Even if Darnold could be, this pathetic excuse of a coaching staff could never develope one.

TEAR IT DOWN AND START OVER.

7. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

That was the most egregious one for me. We had a QB who could have been a franchise-changing talent like Watson sitting there when we picked and we passed on him for yet another DB.

I wasn't on the fire Mac bandwagon before this season, but they just need to go ahead and tear the whole thing down. A complete review of everyone on the organizational flow chart from the very top to the very bottom. I'm just so sick of this organizational incompetence.

PJ4Ever and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. Hawk-o

Hawk-o Active Member

At least we can agree Mac is totally incompetent, I have no faith is Sam, just like Hack. Both picked under this regimes watch. I'm willing to be proven wrong next year under new management.

9. jets_fan

I was starting to lose a bit of faith in Darnold but, strangely, today's game gave me a boost in that department. McCown actually looked worse and the offense was even worse under him, so there's some merit to an argument that Darnold has been elevating the play of those around him to some degree. I could see him being something like Jared Goff, who has flourished after a poor season under Jeff Fisher once he finally got some NFL-quality coaching.

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

100% on the money.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  11. Hawk-o

Hawk-o Active Member

Man, Jeff fisher... great analogy. Cruel Irony would be he gets hired as the next JETS head coach.

12. jets_fan

Sadly, I could see them doing that.

Could be a good thing, though. They hire Fisher and I'll be moving on, leaving this miserable franchise in the rear view.

13. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Your troll game is weak.

14. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Or they just suck.

Clearly Buffalo saw something on film that made them believe they could attack the Jets secondary downfield with their scrub QB.

All game long Lofton said Buffalo was going to let Barkley throw downfield. Before the first deep pass against Trumaine Johnson he said it.

I thought he meant pick & choose a spot here and there to take a shot I never could've imagined what I witnessed today.

15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Several posters expressed that sentiment.

There's no merit.
    Sam didn't elevate shit.

But that's ok. Hopefully the Jets won't ruin his career.

16. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Clearly, Bowles lost the locker room. They knew damn well that Bowles was on the hot seat and they didn't even show up. Can't blame them after Bowles comments last week suggesting the defense was to blame. Bowles is a dead man walking.

17. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Bowles is terrible and needs to go, but so does Mac. His disregard for the OL should be the final nail in his coffin.

The offensive personnel is terrible. No player that’s a threat on every down. Won’t go into the OL. Crappy backs. Throw in an incompetent OC and it’s the shit show that we’ve been seeing each week.

They all need to go. New coach and GM with an actual heirarchy of accountability. Warchest loaded.

The real rebuild, sadly, starts in 2019.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I don't know what you're basing your evaluation of Darnold on, but you're way off base. The kid has all the tools, including a feel for the game, which is probably the most under-rated attribute that the "experts" measure. I was on the Mahomes/Watson Train, and have blasted Macc for passing on them, and am not defending him now - he needs to go along with Bowles - but Darnold is the real deal. If he gets a good CS and supporting talent, he can win a SB for this team.

Noam and PJ4Ever like this.
  19. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Thank you. The truth hurts.

Casual fans see a quarterback

A) not put up numbers.
    B) not be accurate
    B) not "throw it downfield"

and they say "THIS GUY SUCKS! WHAT IS HE DOING!?!!"

They see an OC

A) run the ball in situations where good offenses pass.
    B) not call pass plays that actually reach the first down marker on third and 10
    C) not "throw it downfield"

and they say "THIS GUY SUCKS! WHAT IS HE DOING!?!!"

When in reality, if your talent level on offense is significantly below average, ESPECIALLY on the line, this has a severe deleterious effect on all decisions and actions.

"How can you call that bullshit play on third and 10?!?! The guy isn't even running ten yards!!!!"

Because he doesn't have time to run ten yards! And even if he does run ten yards, the defense is sitting RIGHT THERE, because they KNOW that he if tried to run 20 yards, the quarterback would already be running for his life!

When the Jets drop back to pass, we don't function like the team you want us to be, and it doesn't matter how easy the Saints and Chiefs and Patriots make it look. We are not them! Sorry, but you could put Don Coryell and rookie Dan Marino instead of Bates and rookie Sam Darnold on this team right now and our offense will still be terrible.

Sam Darnold is fine. He's a blessing. It's the fiasco above him we need to deal with.

FJF and Noam like this.
  20. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

There’s no way to tell if Darnold is a championship caliber QB because he’s surrounded by poor talent and coaching.

The end.

twown likes this.