Adam Gase New HC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Jan 9, 2019.

?

Do you approve Gase signing?

1. Yes

22.3%
  2. No

45.8%
  3. Too early to tell

31.9%
  1. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Payton was never coming to the Jets, only the Cowboys. He is tight with Jerry and Steven Jones.

egelband likes this.
  2. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

You think they would take a guy like Murray at #1 ?

Wow........I'd be shocked. GM would have some explaining to do.

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

He'll also have some explaining to do if he keeps Rosen and Rosen's a bust. He should do what he thinks is best for the team going forward. And a lot of the decision may come down to which QB Kingsbury prefers.

4. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I would think they would have to be convinced Murray is committed to football. A QB has to be all in. They other part is they would have to get the equivalent of what they gave up to get Rosen which was the 15th pick a third and 5th rounder. I think all of those scenario's is possible. I could actually see them making a deal with the Giants, Jags, Denver or Miami for Rosen. Murray at 1 without a full commitment to football would be a very high risk move.

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

You're right about Murray being committed to football. But they don't have to get an equal return for Rosen. What they gave up to get Rosen is a sunk cost. All that matters is whether Murray + whatever they get for Rosen > Rosen + whatever else they do with the 1st pick.

Biggs likes this.
  6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

A month too late ? I dunno ...if semi diligence by Mac would have made a difference ? Sean p wasn't going anywhere till the Saints blew that lead and the noncall just added insult to injury

Jerry J wouldn't be sniffing around to hiring him if the Boys didn't lose

7. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Sean and Jerry are best buds, they hang out together in the off-season, hence the rumors. It's no secret around the league that Jerry wants him to coach his team and it's widely believed that Dallas is the only place Sean would leave New Orleans for.

8. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

I wonder if the same people who reacted negatively to the Williams hire would react the same way to Sean Payton, or does everyone forget that he was also suspended for a season for bountygate? Or maybe a Superbowl win cures all ills.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

[​IMG]

I am now 100% convinced that it's a nervous tic, although I read an article by a reporter in Miami who said he never did it when he was there. Well, as I explained about my close friend who has Tourette's, you get good at working at it and blending it in if it's on the mild to moderate side, which probably also explains the constant baseball cap (less direct discernible and observable eye rolling/head rolling/eye movement). I did see something very funny, though. The shower scene in 'Psycho' with Janet Leigh getting stabbed in the shower. Use your imagination. I wish him luck first and foremost because I want the Jets to win, but if he does have Tourette's, more power to him. People can be be shit human beings to people with disabilities of any kind.

I typed in Adam Gase in my search bar and the first thing that comes up is Adam Gase eyes. Haha.

#1709 jetophile, Jan 25, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
    abc and jilozzo like this.
  10. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

From what I remember his family still lives in Dallas. He was never going to leave the area for us.

11. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Great Post ..I also believed right away he may have something neurological going on (nothing to do with IQ or Football so good for him)

BTW..I hear they want him to host Saturday Night Live in the near future

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Halloween.

13. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

[​IMG]

I'm gonna say he definitely has a thing. Just win me a million games and become a spokesperson for people who have a thing. And please do burn that hat.

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Anyone post this video already? I just watched it on Youtube. I thought it was good. I liked how Gase stayed calm on the sidelines the whole time. Through the ups and downs. Preparing for the next drive. Not just standing there like Bowles.

Put together a game plan for Brock Osweiler to beat the Bears. That is impressive. The sky is the limit for Sam then.

Sam Hammer, KurtTheJetsFan and LAJet like this.
  15. johnny

johnny Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting Dark Knight. I like the involvement on the sideline that it showed. Quite different than someone who shall remain nameless.

Not to state the obvious, but that Dolphins mascot looks real dumb.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  16. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

This is a win now sitatuion whether Chris Johnson knows it or not....The fanbase will not accept a losing season from a coach no one wanted.Mike Macganan needs to get the right guys in here or he will be gone to.

17. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Sam needs good players around him right now to speed up his development..Better O Line,more weapons etc..

NYJetsO12 and The Dark Knight like this.
  18. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Talked to another die-hard Dolphins fan from Miami today and the sense he got and felt was that Adam Gase gave up on the Dolphins. He did not like the situation and instead of trying to stay and fix it, he just quit or asked to be fired. Not sure if that is true, but it is interesting. I don't like quitters, especially from a high position like Head Coach, but it means he had confidence in himself that he could find another job and he did. The Jets are a better spot than Miami too, so betting on himself paid off. Also said he should be great for Darnold and that the Dolphins played solid despite horrendous QB play. I took that as good and bad. Good Gase was able to succeed with bad QB play, but bad that he couldn't get those QB's to play better. Most agree Tannehill and even Osweiler played better under Gase than elsewhere, but they may just be bad players.

Negatives, he said the fans knew what play was coming 90% of the time. Doesn't make sense for a so-called "Offensive Guru". Overall fans liked Gase and just felt injuries took their toll on the team in 2017 and 2018. He and most of his friends expected Gase to return for 2019 and were shocked when they heard the news.

NYJetsO12 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  19. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner