A sad somber realization the patriots are as good as ever and the damn bills are in the playoffs :(

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Laxg41, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

we have busts, tears, and idiots :(

2. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Hopefully watching the Bills lose today will help cheer you up a little bit.

oldrover likes this.
  3. Laxg41

Laxg41 Well-Known Member

After watching those troglodytes prevent jags fans from enjoying the game they paid money to attend

4. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

At least the bills are further then ever from getting a franchise QB, this was a season where they should have tanked but failed worse then us !

5. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

A team failed because they made the playoffs? That's a new one.

BacktoQueens, Jets69 and xxedge72x like this.
  6. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Yep, they failed, they could have changed their franchise around with a tank year but instead messed up worse then we did by sneaking into the playoffs

7. bartscott

bartscott Well-Known Member

I’m not sure the Bills, player for player, have much more talent than the Jets, and they won 4 more games than us. McDermott may be a pretty good coach.

Who knows though. We went 10-6 the first year.

But if I was a Bills fan, picking twice in the 20’s of the first round is worth ending the playoff drought streak.

8. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

The Bills got in due to the Ravens so I'm not going to put too much into it. They're an ok team but until they address the QB position, much like the Jets, neither will do anything of significance in the NFL.

As for the Pats, they're been great now for what seems like an eternity. What we as Jets fans have to take comfort in is the fact that no one beats father time. Tom Brady has not looked great the past few weeks and whether or not the whole Belichek/Brady rift is real or not, within the next few years both will more than likely be gone.

Also, we should be very thankful that the Pats traded Jimmy G because he may have continued this ridiculous pats dynasty past Brady and that would have been worse.

I will say though that outside of 2-3 teams in the AFC, everyone is is very beatable and the fact that the Jets have been 5-11 these past 2 years is really really garbage.

Next season there cannot be any excuses and we need to make the playoffs.

9. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Really?

They have A LOT of draft capital that they can use to trade up ahead of us if need be. They also can go out and sign Kirk Cousins or make a trade for another QB. Who that would be I don't know, but let's not act like what the Jets did was some perfect formula. We still don't have the pick of the litter either at 6.

The Bills have a tremendous defense, something we don't have despite our amazing track record of hiring defensive geniuses, and a legitimate, week-to-week, top tier running game.

They'll be okay and contending again in 2018.

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yep ..let them choke on Cousins

Otherwise ..those teams like the Bills ( they may go QB or RB in the Draft) with multiple picks but behind us 15 spots should be on Mac radar as warnings for him to move us up from 6 asap

They got into a. Dogfight with Jax yesterday ...had to be one of the worst/absolute abortions of a playoff game I had ever seen..shut the TV at halftime..they both were terrible teams but Jax had the better D

11. Walt White

Walt White Well-Known Member

And schmucks, boo hoo

12. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Bills are a mid tier team that made the playoffs, big deal. They got booted in round 1. They'll probably be a mid tier team fighting for the WC for many years to come. The Jets were that team for a long time and it got them nowhere. Build to become an elite team otherwise there's no point.

Pats can only have so many years left. Brady can't play forever and if the rumors are to be believed, things aren't so rosy behind the scenes in New England. There are rumors of Belichick going to the Giants. I doubt it'll happen, but it'd sure change things quite a lot.

#12 LeonNYJ, Jan 8, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2018
  13. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

What annoys me is they get in at 9-7 but we didn't at 10-6.The Bills wait almost 20 years to get to the playoffs to not score a single TD.That had to be the worst playoff game I've ever seen.

14. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

It happens. In 2008 we missed the playoff at 9-7 and New England missed the playoffs at 11-5.