A Question for Season Ticket Holders

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by max, Jul 2, 2014.

?

How do you feel about the value of your season tickets?

1. They are a great value.

18.2%
  2. They are not a good value.

72.7%
  3. Anyone with season tickets to the Jets is crazy.

18.2%
  4. I don't know why I still keep my season tickets.

9.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. max

max Active Member

This is going to be my third year and 4th out of the past 5 years being as season ticket holder for the NYJ and I just wanted to see how other STHs felt about well being season ticket holders and what it means and has meant to them.

I graduated from college only a few years ago along with some of my other STH buddies so I've been up top in the $50 dollar seats (section 334) just to save a little bit of money, but for the most part, I've never regretted it and have felt that I'm getting a great value.

I tailgate for all the games (usually arrive around the time the parking lots open) and attend about 6-7 of the regular season games a year. My STH friends and I can also get a big group of other friends to join and attend a game or two a year as well. It's been a great experience so far and I'm optimistic about the future.

How do you other STHs feel? The good and the bad.

Does anybody sell most of their tix or give them away to family and friends?

Also anybody close to either getting season tickets or close to getting rid of them?

2. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

I had tickets with my family for the last 20 years. This will be the first year we don't get them. We don't go to all 8 games. We decided that now we can pick 4 or so games we want to go to and even if we have to pay over face for them, we are still saving a ton of money by not buying the PS games or having to eat some tickets here or there.

If they make the playoffs, I'm not really concerned about getting tickets.

3. JetDan

JetDan Well-Known Member

This is my 17th year going to games with my Dad. We go to every game, I can't imagine watching a home game on TV.

To each there own, but we love it. Though, we both agree the stadium sucks, especially for the 300 level, there really are no special amenities.

We used to tailgate with my Uncle and Aunt, but they did not re-up there tickets for the new stadium. So now, we just bring food to the games.

If Woody did PSL the Upper Deck, we probably would of left, but because of seniority, we got Upper Prime seats, which will make due.

The thing I miss the most is the relationships we created with season ticket holders who sat next to us in the old stadium. We knew everybody in our section
    now we see new faces every week.

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  4. Innocenti

Innocenti Active Member

My family had tickets on and off for the past 50+ years. I dumped the tickets after two seasons. Not only were they overpriced but the stadium was still quite inaccessible.

5. no psls

no psls Banned

I've had season tickets since Shea stadium . I can't bring myself to give them up. No matter how many asinine things the Jets front office do . This new 'MAGIC CARD ' is a clusterf-ck waiting to happen .

6. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

My seat Prices have not changed....got my PSL for 50% off and haven't looked back.

This year,
    I think the new PSL/STH card is nice. I also just installed that JETS desksite that came with it...very nice.

While there are a few "Perks" that are nice. Nothing that has blown us out of the water to be called a "Must have"
    Got a Lic plate one year, Hat the next and now a scarf.. Meh.

We get lanyards, Magnetic and Keychain Schedules, Yearbook, and a few other chotchkies.
    Also, exclusive events like PSL Training camp dates and on field access for certain events.
    The PSL holders also get access to conference calls which is pretty kewl..

Also, I'm not much of an event goer but you also get access to tix pre-sales for all events @ Metlife and some IZOD.

So I voted good value overall. :D

max likes this.
  7. DaftGreen

DaftGreen Member

Not sure how the magic card thing will work with the Jets but...

Recently I was at a Washington Nationals game and hosted by a friend with season tickets. They have the cards as well and they work flawlessly. The difference is baseball has 81 games to get their system right the jets have 10 ( counting ps).

8. Royal Tee

The tix worked flawlessly and we got in quick

9. Royal Tee

Fellas, don't forget to activate your FREE NFL RedZone & FREE NFL Rewind!!

Also, you get 15% off your order @ NFL Shop until 11-20-2014 with the e-mail code they sent out!

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Hey Royal, I just checked my email. I never received anything about this. Could you forward me a copy or example please. BS

11. Royal Tee

U have to get it from them...there is a code in it..If I forward mine to you..then... :eek: