A Miami Clinic Supplies Drugs to Sports Biggest Names

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by NYGalPal, Jan 29, 2013.

1. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

2. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

perfect for ARod, he's going to miss the first 50 games w/ injury anyway so the suspension won't bother him.

3. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

If true, it certainly did not help him at the plate last year. I wonder if the Yankees can void his contract at this point? Time to dig-up old headlines!

[​IMG]

Hey, maybe that wasn't his number, but a Rx he passed to this babe in stands last Fall.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

It's clear they liked his balls. :)

#3 Jetsetter, Jan 29, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  4. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Did people really expect that players stopped? I just believe these were the ones who didn't do a good job hiding it and got caught. I'm sure there's a lot of other players too that we still don't know about

5. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

There are as many, if not more, using today in all sports as ever before.

6. kbgreen

kbgreen Well-Known Member

They will wait until he is back to apply a suspension. I wonder if there is a drug clause in his contract? The yankees may be better off cutting him if there is (and if this is true).

There have been rumors that he was missing this season to avoid testing. He scheduled his surgery a month before he was to report to camp and not in Oct or Nov for some reason. Not sure if that would work or if they would test him anyway but it has been mentioned on sports radio.

7. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

He is a piece of garbarge and I LOVE every negative A-Rod story

8. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Gio Gonzalez, Nelson Cruz, and Melky Cabrera.

9. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Ugh, who cares? Let them all do whatever they want. I don't watch sports for an antidrug message, I watch to be entertained. If PEDs create more exciting plays, good.

10. VanderbiltJets

Add Francisco Cervelli and Ryan Braun to the list.

11. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Yes, that's the exact message high school athletes need. Who cares about long term health, win and be exciting at all costs. :breakdance:

12. southparkfanciz

southparkfanciz Active Member

Suspend A-rod and Braun for the entire 2013 season. Teach these rats a lesson.

13. devilonthetownhallroof

Where did I say anything about high school athletes? I'm talking professional leagues.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

What do you think a HS student is going to do if his goal is to make it to the professional level and all the professional guys are getting roided up?

15. devilonthetownhallroof

That's up to the schools to have programs in place to prevent it and parents to monitor their kids. Schools don't have to worry about players unions and can institute any testing they want as a condition of being allowed to play. Have every high school sports governing body introduce mandatory monthly testing.

Besides that, pro sports and high school sports aren't even close to comparable. Pro guys are also getting millions of dollars, why don't high school kids get that too? People always want to make these connections between their lives and pro sports, but they aren't even on the same planet. It's not a valid comparison.

16. NotSatoshiNakamoto

So you want to spend tax payer dollars to implement regular drug testing at the high school level? It has nothing to do with making a comparison between high school and pro sports. High school kids who play sports want to play in the pro's and if all the pro guys are doing it, at some point they have to start doing it.

17. devilonthetownhallroof

That's not true. I played baseball and football in high school knowing full well I'd never play in the pros. I played because I enjoyed it. And I never took steroids even though pros were doing it. Most kids know they aren't good enough to make it. Maybe those who are close are taking stuff, but that's going to happen anyway. If you are really worried about kids using, implementing drug testing for the students is a much more realistic way to prevent it than hoping that kids will stop if pros stop.

Besides, if you are so worried about the kids doing what the pros do, my original point is still the best way to stop it. If you don't test and publicly announce that pros are using, the worry is irrelevant. The kids won't know which of their favorites is using, therefore they won't do it to try to emulate them.

18. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I didn't mean to say that ALL high school kids who play sports want to play in the pro's. My mistake for not being clear. What I meant was that there is a percentage of the population that does.

I don't think the pro's will ever stop, but simply allowing them to do whatever they want will result in even more rampant use than their is today. Kids will know that they're using, it won't be a secret, and it will be obvious.

I don't think it would be a smart decision as a society to encourage juicing, which would essentially be what you would accomplish by not testing at the pro level. Tax payers don't want to pay for regular drug testing at the high school level and parents don't want their kids to feel like they need to juice to make it to the pros. If everyone in the pros was juicing - which they would be if it were legal - kids would have to do the same to make it to that level.

I don't see it as kids wanting to be like their favorite player or what ever. It would be them seeing it as a requirement to make it to the highest level.

19. VanderbiltJets

Braun claims his name only appeared in Bosch's records because of his 2011 lawsuit consultation

20. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Yeah that makes sense, Braun got busted for Testosterone from several months prior and he was worried about whatever PED was in his system at that time. So he needed a consultation on how to mask the PEDs from whatever new drug tests he was about to have to take