2019 Nfl Draft options for Jets to built around Darnold.

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AlexJETS, Nov 15, 2018.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Assuming we don't trade down and acquire more picks, I'd like the picks to be LT, C, RB/WR. The OL needs to be fortified. Ideally, we get a top 3 pick and can move down a bit while acquiring a 2nd round pick to use on OL or a skill position player on offense.

2. I like Little better than Williams as hes the better athlete in both pas pro & space.

Brown is absolutely perfect for Darnold & what the Jets need..hed be an absolute no brainer if the OL wasnt what it currently is

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Can Macagnan read? This should be on his Xmas list of must reads...since Bowles on his way out probably not getting that losers opinion anymore

4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I've been a big allen fan for awhile. If there is not a true franchis LT available and I'm assuming Bosa is not there, I want him. He brings everything you want out of an edge player.

5. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Zach or Josh?
    both look impressive

6. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I'm weary of Bama OL, most of the ones who were picked high recently haven't lived up to expectations.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  7. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Like who?

8. Leicester Jet

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

https://draftwire.usatoday.com/2018/11/16/2019-nfl-mock-draft-early-3-round-projections/

Just saw a mock 3-round draft on Draftwire.usatoday.

It has the Jets picking #5 and taking edge rusher Brian Burns of Florida St. with all 3 of the top OT prospects and Josh Allen still on the board. I haven't heard of Burns before. Is he a better edge rushing prospect than Allen? IMO if Mac is smart, he takes an LT with our 1st round pick. The 2020 draft could be another poor one for LTs. We can sign an edge rusher or two in FA.

With the Jets two 3rd round picks, it has the Jets taking 69. Elgton Jenkins, C, Miss. St. and 94. Miles Sanders, RB PSU.

What are your thoughts about this draft? I don't know about the two 3rd round picks, but the 1st round pick seems very questionable to me.

#10 NCJetsfan, Nov 18, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. Thanks for posting this.

I agree on going OL in this scenario in round 1..theres no reason Edge wont get addressed in FA.

However early projections for 2020 show a strong OT class esp at the top.This can change..but at least right now if the jets were to go in a different dirction than OL in round 1 in 19 all would not be lost

NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  11. Ozymandias

Chance Warmack, DJ Fluker, Barrett Jones, Cam Robinson (although too early for him)

almbleamal and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If the OL is adequately addressed next offseason, it'll be less of a need come 2020. I believe the focus by then should be on upgrading the skill positions. We can upgrade at RB/WR in the 2019 draft if a trade down to acquire a 2nd rounder can be done. I'm liking Montgomery from Iowa State.

13. NCJetsfan

Chance Warmack has been a bust. Why would we want him?

14. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

A couple of observations .....obviously the Jets draft plans are going to hedge on who they pick up in FA. Assuming they sign Le’Veon Bell they will not be drafting a RB. Also, I’m going to say it will be very tough for Mac to pass up Bosa if he’s available when the Jets are on the clock - even if he signs a FA pass rusher such as Fowler. Worse case scenario - Beecham is signed through 2019. The 2020 draft is loaded with OTs. However, assuming Bosa is not available when the Jets are on the clock then I would think the pick has to be OL - particularly a LT.

Basically for the draft I’d say the early plans are heavy OL - two of their top four picks . Throw in a WR and probably a defensive pick for the front seven with the other two picks.

15. Ozymandias

I don't think you read the initial post.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  16. Leicester Jet

Barratt Jones was a 4th Round pick - how many O/Line taken that late work out?

DJ Fluker and Chance Warmack, both drafted in 2013 and still playing in the league now. With the average career of an NFL player being 3 years, if they are that bad, why are they still playing now? Lots of players drafted since then but they are still on rosters.

As you say, Cam Robinson too early to tell but both Ryan Kelly and Bradley Bozeman - both centres - seem to be doing ok.

Seems silly to judge players on how previous players from their colleges turned out, they are all individuals and have to be treated and assessed as such.

17. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

this is a defense heavy draft coming up so we may have to split time between offense and defense. there is a couple real good OL so jets really need to acquire another pick or 2 in the process.

18. NCJetsfan

Ah, Sorry, I see now. Carry on.

19. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Vlad Ducasse has started for the Bills this year. And yes he’s that bad