2019 CBS NFL Mock Draft

Discussion in 'Draft' started by AlexJETS, Dec 12, 2018.

1. AlexJETS

AlexJETS Well-Known Member

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft...ound-land-explosive-playmaker-for-derek-carr/

5. New York Jets
    D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss. This may prove to be too high to take Metcalf, who declared for the draft in recent weeks after his college season was cut short by injury. Still, he was one of college football's most dynamic pass catchers before he was hurt and if it's one thing Sam Darnold needs, it's a dynamic pass catcher to stretch opposing defenses. Metcalf could be special.

2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

If the Jets can pull a trade down I would do it to pick up Hollywood Brown and an OT or Edge rusher.

3. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Oh fuck no, none of these receivers should be a top 5 or 10 pick.

Honestly the more I watch and read on the top prospects the less and less I like this class. None of the tackles excite me. There are a few real good edge rushers that fit both a talent and need match in the top ten. The Skill position and QB class is not overly strong. I would love to trade down and get extra picks but I don't see many prospects that are going to excite teams enough to want to move up and get them. I'm really starting to feel its not a great year to be drafting in the top ten.

mrjet80 and 101GangGreen101 like this.
  4. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

All it takes is 1 team to fall in love with a Dwayne Haskins, but would love to leave the draft with a pass-rusher and LT in the first 2 rounds should they trade down.

Red Menace and Harpua like this.
  5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I would love to as well. I've really been trying to fall in love with Jonah Williams but I have not yet. He seems good, but not great. Low floor and Ceiling type guy to me. Little is the opposite. The skys the limit, but the floor could be sub basement. Part of me is fearing we will take a mediocre LT for need and pass on a true game changing edge rusher ... but if mac stays we will most likely not go Oline until round 5 again.

101GangGreen101 and Red Menace like this.
  6. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I don’t mind one of the WRs shall we move down a bit. I really hate the idea of going defense in 1st rd again but we just may have to if we stay put in top 5.

Another reason it’s just so silly that anyone would’ve preferred we lost rather than our rookie QB engineering a come from behind win and becoming the youngest QB to ever lead a game winning drive. It’s early but I don’t see teams trying to get into top 5 this year.

7. AlexJETS

8. AlexJETS

49ers vs Seattle Arizona vs Falcons Raiders vs Bengals Jets might have a chance to move back to #3 if they lose.

9. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I think Williams is a safe pick. The problem is OT and EDGE are both desperately needed and there is only one first round pick .

I think Mac realizes OL needs a major transfusion - I am expecting at least 2 possibly 3 new bodies on the OL which may include Long switching positions ....

10. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

No this is a rotten year to have a top top pick.. ......Bosa is the #1 prospect and I don’t see any team trading up for him - or at least trading much capital.

That being said if the Jets end up with the #1 pick they would take Bosa without looking back. He’s the top player and fills a position of need for over ten years now .

No need to tank this year as far as the Jets are concerned . Getting # 1 pick isn’t likely and there are a lot of solid prospects from #2-10 and most of them will fill a need. Unfortunately for the Jets not the year a lot of teams will be wanting to trade up ....

11. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

If the Jets stand pat and don't trade down, the only lineman I would take is Jonah, only thing I don't like so far about him is his short arms, Connor Williams had a similar issue, still got drafted by the Cowboys, but plays interior. I would probably look and trade down for Greg Little. I agree, I would have a hard time taking Greg Little over some of the pass-rushers.

12. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

well we COULD have been at the top....LOL

13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Of course. That's just the Jets' luck.