2017 QB NFL draft class vs 2018 QB NFL draft class

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by WarriorRB28, Sep 25, 2018.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I'll start off by saying I don't watch college football, I don't like college football, I didn't watch any of these players play in college.

Alright with that out of the way I'll get to my point.

I remember hearing so much about the 2018 QB draft class and how superior it was to the 2017 QB draft class. I remember fans saying things like MacCagnan should hold off on drafting a QB in 2017 because the 2018 class was soooooooo much better.

I understand it's still early (Allen made his first start this past Sunday, Rosen will make his first start this Sunday) but is it just me or has the 2017 class looked superior so far? Or in no way lesser than the 2018 class?

Mahommes is tearing apart the league right now if he keeps it up he's on his way to a league MVP award. Last year Deshaun Watson was a sensation before his injury still watching him play against the Giants he looks the part of a big time QB tall, athletic, big arm.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

3. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Mahomes looks like the real deal but it's still really really early.

Wasn't a fan of Watson and, to me looks, like a flash in the pan.

Trubisky has looked hot at points but mostly very cold. Wasn't a fan of him at UNC and I don't think he's very good.

Kizer, Webb, Kaaya, Peterman, Beathard? All trash.

I think Sam, Baker and Rosen are on par with or better than Mahomes and much much better than the rest of them.

Allen is the wildcard--was not a fan and I watched a lot of his games but he has a ton of physical talent and while he's not very accurate--he's 10X the QB of Hack.

Still think Lamar, Rudolph and Falk can play in the league.

IMHO 2018 class is superior to 2017.

4. WarriorRB28

It's week 10.

It's still kinda early but realy not as Mahommes continues to break record after record.

I have a hard time believing any of the QBs taken in 2018 will have a year as good as Mahommes is having in 2018. He's been that good a few more weeks of this the attention will turn to Peyton Manning's single season TD record.

2017 sensation Watson is rounding back into form after his injury.

I really don't know what so many people were looking at when they said the 2018 QB class was so superior.

#4 WarriorRB28, Nov 11, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  5. HomeoftheJets

Hmmm.

6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

mahomes is already the real deal. clearly marino like. its unreal. perfect storm for his early career.

7. HomeoftheJets

Gotta remember at this time last year, Watson was great but hurt, Mahomes hadn't played, and Trubisky looked like a bust. Let's see how the 2018 class looks in a year from now.

8. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

Concur.

I guess my point was, the big three this year were thought of as better prospects than those three and that the 2018 class was a better QB class overall than the 2017 class.

And it looks like the 2018 class is better than the 2019 class.

Poor Giants :D

9. WarriorRB28

The early returns are in for the 2017 QB draft class and one QB from the 2018 class playoffs edition.

Deshaun Watson - choked terribly in his first playoff game.

Patrick Mahomes - choked terribly in the first half against New England in the AFC Championship game. 0 points and something like 38 yards of total offense at halftime. He played okay against the Colts missed some throws in that game too.

Overall I wasn't impressed. I noticed some flaws in his game too I'm not sure if he'll have staying power. The league will figure him out quickly I think.

Lamar Jackson - one of the worst possibly the worst playoff game by a QB I've ever seen. He was simply awful.

The jury is still out on Darnold & Allen for our sake let's hope the rest of the 2018 class fares better in the playoffs when Darnold's time in the spotlight arrives.

#9 WarriorRB28, Jan 21, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2019