2016-17 NBA THREAD

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by JetLifeLo, Oct 4, 2016.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...egy-he-used-to-tear-nba-teams-apart/93784376/

There would be certain teams that had a player that they just signed to a max contract. And then a supporting player who was up for free agency who they hadn't signed yet. So when we played them during the season, I'm saying, OK, here's what we're going to do: We're going to double-team the guy that hasn't gotten a max contract yet. We're not gonna let him get a shot off. And then we're going to single-cover the guy that has the max contract, and then watch the guy that doesn't have the max contract bitch and complain about not getting the ball all night long, and watch them divide each other. Those are the little, subtle things we would do that simply comes from observation and understanding your opponent.

I miss Kobe. The question is, did he learn this after the 04 Lakers?

2. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

04 Lakers were garbo. Wasted Shaq's brilliant Game 1 and if it wasn't for Kobe's heroics in Game 2 they would have been swept. Malone was old and injured and the Glove didn't fit and the rest of the team was shit.

I'm a big Kobe fan and I miss him too but he got a raw deal in that he had to deal with an egomaniac who wouldn't pass the torch to him like KAJ did to Magic. Of course this all happened in the prime years, so his prime was essentially wasted on really bad teams. They should have won like 6-8 if Shaq wasn't a dick.

I don't miss last years team at all. They were awful and boring. I get why you want him to retire as a Laker and go out his way but it was painful to watch. These current Lakers are winning and they're fun, Luke is actually developing the players unlike that tard Scott with his "You gotta man up!" bullshit. Good times ahead.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

They just didn't have the chemistry it was evident all season long. That Pistons team was a great team. I think the whole Kobe Shaq thing, you have to blame both parties. Kobe while he wanted to win, never had a problem insulting others. I think that turned Shaq off and Shaq was still one of the best players in the league at that time. Kobe is one the greatest competitors I've ever seen, glad to see him play his entire career going back to his HS days.

Lakers got a bright future for sure, never thought they would be over .500 early in the season. Once Ingram gets his offense going, they will be tough to stop.

Antoni likes this.
  4. John Lombardo

John Lombardo Active Member

My Celtics sure got manhandled by the Warriors tonight. GS was firing on all cylinders.

I don't think I have hated a player more that plays on my team than I hate Kelly Olynyk. He is absolute garbage in every way. He cost them the game in New Orleans, and he had 0 points in almost 20 minutes tonight.

5. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

What is going on with the Celtics? I've only watched like a couple of games. They were supposed to be the 2nd or 3rd best team in the East this year and they look awful. Talk radio is blaming it all on the defense.

6. John Lombardo

2 of their starters (their 2nd and 4th best players in Horford and Crowder) have been hurt for most of their games. The D definitely is not where it was last year, but they have turned it around in the past week and should be around the top of the league... They were pretty much dead last in D after the first week.

Their rebounding is what is really the problem with those 2 out, they just don't have the length to lose those 2 guys at the same time. They had one series against the Knicks where they allowed 5 offensive rebounds in one possession.

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

THUNDER UP!!!

Gotta hear the reaction, guys.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  8. John Lombardo

Kevin Love goes for 40.

Lebron says FU, gets a triple double.

9. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

this made me smile.

10. JetLifeLo

Russ will be the 3rd player to win MVP without being a #1 or #2 seed. Most likely will be the 1st to win it without being a top 3 seed. Special.

Time for the NBA to stop bullshitting with this award and give it to the players that deserve it and aren't just the best player on the best team. Without Russ okc might be winless this season. That's being the most valuable.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

He's incredible. I didn't get to see the game last night but I did see his stat line of 27/18/14 in a 112-103 win. Even on 39% it appears as though he thoroughly dominated. He also takes some bad shots, but the ability to grab 5 offensive boards is awesome.

It'll be interesting to see how he does down the stretch. The dude has never once looked tired in his entire career, but also never had to carry the scoring load for a full 82. Even when Durant went down he had Reggie Jackson and Serge.

JetLifeLo and NYJalltheway like this.
  12. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Why did he say that? Lol

13. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Hope this is our next generation of mega stars

14. Jonathan_Vilma

It has to start translating into winning though. I understand the T-Wolves are young and in the tough West, but I expected them to compete for a playoff spot with Towns and Wiggins both averaging 22 points per game.

Both their percentages are down about .040% points as Wiggins averages 2 more shots a game and Towns 3 more shots a game.

I expect Thibodeau to turn them around from their 5-13 start. Teams are scoring at will on them, averaging over 100 points in all but 6 of their 18 games.

15. JetLifeLo

Think that was the night we played Houston... Spurs fans don't F with Houston... that's just my guess. regardless sounded good coming from Byz! lol

NYJalltheway likes this.
  16. JetLifeLo

Looks like the team around him is finally building their chemistry and he's getting a lot more help (also sky rocketing his assist count)

Sabonis averages pretty much the same numbers as Ibaka... and we got Oladipo out of that deal which is looking like a major plus.. boy it sure is starting to feel like we robbed Orlando blind.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

It honestly looked like that when the trade went down too. Why wouldn't Orlando want more young players in place of an overrated overpaid Serge Ibaka?

JetLifeLo likes this.
  18. John Lombardo

Current Shaqtin a Fool Award Winner for 2016-2017

Jae Crowder attempting an alley oop off the backboard with 4 Sacramento Kings surrounding the rim.

19. John Lombardo

I think he is a sneaky very good player.

He has the potential to be a 1 to 2 time all star SG in the NBA. His offensive game is just smooth. He can pass and create his own shots to be a great SG. I think he is the perfect player for Westbrook. His game compliments Westbrook very well.

He may not be the greatest defender, but he is a competitor.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  20. JetLifeLo

Am I the only one that sees LAC as the same old overrated team? I mean I just don't get the hype at all.. Their roster just doesn't stand out to me as a contender. Losing to a George-less Pacers twice in 7 days and the BK Nets is just ugly.. Reality check coming.

Red Menace likes this.