2016-17 NBA THREAD

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by JetLifeLo, Oct 4, 2016.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Blake Griffin out for remainder of playoffs.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Doc Rivers gets another excuse.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's pretty sad that the Cavs have even struggled as much as they have down the stretch. They're playing teams that are manned with one All-star caliber player while the Cavs have three, and elite role players lined up every year waiting to sign on the championship train.

I don't blame him too much. He carried garbage deep into the playoffs for 7-8 years with the Cavs the first time and got nothing but criticized for it. He handled the Decision and the move to the Heat incorrectly (could've teamed up with one other superstar rather than two and faced about 3/4's less of the scrutiny), but the guys still one of the top 3-4 basketball players ever. He could've been the consensus #1 if he stayed in Cleveland his whole career.

4. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

okc was up 12+ points in each of the last 3 games and the leads all vanished when russ sat to end the third quarter. EACH GAME!! story of the year. FUCKKKKK MY LIFEEEEEE!

At least this offseason we'll be able to build around Russ... the team we have now is built to support Russ & KD... with KD slithering away like the snake he's become he left a huge hole in our roster.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Well it doesn't help KD waited so long to backstab the franchise, and leave Okc no real chance to improve the team after July 4. I expect them to make moves this upcoming offseason to get more playmakers.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

GS led 35-9

they wound up with a 45 point first quarter, setting a franchise record (playoffs)

7. John Lombardo

John Lombardo Active Member

OKC has a real tough game tonight. After that last game it'll be hard to take this game on the road and regroup.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

They proved last game, in a subpar effort from a banged up Harden, how much better their supporting cast is than OKC's. The Thunder needs to add another scorer. Their role players are good and that team was built well with the assumption KD would stay. But they absolute need more scoring. Maybe 'Melo?

You should never lose in a 50+ triple-double effort from your superstar. It's amazing they won 47 games. Some people thinks he stat-stuffed. Stat stuffing or not (which I don't buy into), what Russ did this year was remarkable. That team wins 15 games at most without him.

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Blake Griffin. I can see Melo on the Grizzles.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Yes, Blake would probably be their best option. Went to school in Oklahoma too, obviously.

Roberson is absolutely horrible. I don't care how good of a defender you are you can't go 2/20 from the line unless you're Shaq and he never shot this poorly. He did a good job on Harden from the field but he still let him get to the line a good amount.

The guy is a situational last two possessions defensive guy at best. Should likely be cut with this series poor free throw performance.

11. NYJalltheway

Was he seriously 2/20 in the whole series? I didn't bother watching most of it.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

3/21. Just dreadful.

Btw 101. Blake is a nice fit next to Adams. He's used to playing with a similar non scoring defensive/rebounding center. I wonder if they pull the trigger.

13. NYJalltheway

I hope they do. I've been hearing rumors about it for months.

14. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

Mills went bang in last q for spurs

15. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

197 points 64 assist and 61 rebounds in 5 games for Russ.. too bad dude couldn't even tie his shoe without his teammates blowing a double digit lead. sickening.

I'm ready to blow this team up with trades.. get Russ everything he needs. Now. Oladipo Kanter and Adams are going to cap strap us and they are all very limited.. unplayable at times. Let Roberson walk too, I like Taj but he's probably going to head out too.

Get Russ some catch and shooters that can stay in front of someone on defense... and a few playmakers for the bench.

16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Roberson was like a 59% FT shooter in college.

Bad, but he's gotten worse in the pros.

17. NYJalltheway

I think you're overreacting to one series that we knew wouldn't be a win.

They need to take a run at Blake.

It's not that all the names you listed need to go, they just aren't meant to have as big of roles as they were forced to have. If Katie never left, you'd be raving about how we have great role players I bet.

Instead of blowing it up, let's focus on who they can bring in first.

18. JetBlue

How many teams are going to give Blake Griffin, coming off yet another injury riddled season, a max contract? I don't think him opting out is that much of a guarantee.

19. John Lombardo

John Lombardo Active Member

Thunder
    Celtics
    Clippers
    Nuggets
    Heat
    Lakers
    Hornets?

That's off the top of my head. Another answer would be any team that has a need at PF would offer Blake a max.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  20. JetBlue

Maybe if Phil Jackson takes over one of those places.