2014 Jets Free Agency Tracker

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Jan 24, 2014.

1. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Vick is the backup. Jets will do everything to downplay the competition. This is the Jets way of motivating Geno and telling Roc Nation that they can wait for the big contract.

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

A while back when I was a mostly broke body shop manager, I went cheap with auto insurance and found out the hard way that accidents weren't covered unless you were rear ended on the right side of your car on a Tuesday when it was hailing. Insurance is kind of subjective.

4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Speaking of broke, does anyone know how many millions are left for Idzik to play with? Do we have 14 or more?

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Pretty sure its still over 20 mill,it was 26 mill and change before the CJ signing

6. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

At this point, looks like they are going to sign their draft picks and roll this money over for next season... I am down with that.

The 1985er likes this.
  7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

there will be players we don't expect to shake free that do, I don't think he is done tinkering.

8. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Yea but I am guessing any moves going forward are not going to have a big impact financially .. I can't see anybody really worth while being released at this point.. But ya never know.

9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I'm more than fine with rolling out the roster we have now give or take a few plug-and-play players here and there. Carrying that money over into next year is the total opposite of the Tannenbaum move. We can negotiate a new deal for Mo without having to cut anyone of significance.

The 1985er likes this.
  10. nyjunc

My guess is they would be less expensive but every once in a while a shocking cut happens so you never know. we are in a great spot though.

Jay Bizniss likes this.
  11. YOYOYO

YOYOYO Active Member

Seahawks WR Sidney Rice says on @710ESPNSeattle he got offered more money by Jets but wanted to stay in Seattle.

12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

BUT IDZIK IS SO CHEAP

13. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That doesn't change..Rice gets 1M with another 400K in bonuses if he is around for them..pocket change would have been more than that.

14. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Let's not act like Sidney Rices contract was for big money

15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Don't know this guy or if this has been posted:

Kurt Coleman says he turned down better deals to sign with Vikings
    Posted by Michael David Smith on April 22, 2014, 7:00 PM EDT
    [​IMG]
    Kurt Coleman thought Minnesota was the best place for him, even if the Vikings’ offer wasn’t the best one he received in free agency.

Coleman, a safety who signed with the Vikings last week, accepted a deal in Minnesota that pays a salary this year of $900,000, with nothing guaranteed. Coleman said both the Colts and the Jets offered him some guaranteed money, and that he got one offer with a higher base salary as well.

Read more: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ces-30-players-will-attend-the-draft/related/

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Never buy insurance from a company based in Plano, Texas. :)

I bought a cheap disability policy about 30 years ago that had a very short main clause that basically promised to pay me $50k a year if I was ever permanently disabled. It was like $7 a month and I thought, what the hell why not.

They sent me a rider to that policy every month and it got a little bit longer every month. About a year in I got one that had shifted the terms to only covering disabilities in which I lost one hand and one foot and they had to be on opposite sides. The rider was 11 pages long at that point and the clause about the opposite sides was on page 11.

It's not really funny but Plano Texas has become synonymous with con games to me in the same way Tuxedo NY was forever linked with speed traps. One bad company can make everybody in town look really bad.

abyzmul likes this.
  17. nyjunc

18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Not surprised. Hopefully he signs and they lay off TE in the draft.

19. section134

section134 Active Member

free agency is in getting guys to help the team THIS year---its what Parcells called them "hold the fort guys" jets had cap money to sign more than the 6 guys they did
    Breno-decker-vick-cj-jacoby ford and Patterson---George allen in the 70s made wash instant winners with the over the hill gang----got vets to do the job

the draft builds for the future---milliner was so so most of the year then seemed to catch on---dimitrio davis drafted in 2012 seemed to catch on last year coples and hill are still trying Richardson was droy ----cant count on jet rookies to be that good right away----the scouting is poor

I wanted drc to be signed ---would have straightened out our weakest position------cant count on the few good corners to be there at 18-----and if idzik trades up we loose the guy or guys we had to give up

20. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

WTF is a dimitirio davis?