2011 Week 1 Other Games thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Murrell2878, Sep 8, 2011.

1. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

McFadden turning the corner looks good, but the Jets can stop the run.

And they're receivers can't match up to our corners.

But the Raiders have a shot at the division if the Chargers start slow again.

2. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

I stated it was only after week one and alot could change over the other 15 games, but I live in Kansas City, a rabid football town that is normally very high on their team, but even in pre-season this year there was a lot of forboding and questions about the team. Noone in this town would be surprised if the Chiefs finish the season with less than 5 wins. And worse for the Chiefs, this was about the easiest game on their schedule, although now with Manning out you could easily argue the Colts game is their easiest now. Thier next 3 games are Detroit, San Diego and the Vikings, so it's easy to see the team down 0-4 to start the season, they get the Colts so maybe their 1-4 after 5 games. After that they have Oakland twice, a clearly superior team. San Diego again, a probable loss. Miami, that game may be winnable, Denver twice, probably a split. New England, Loss. Pittsburgh, Loss. Bears, Loss. Jets loss. Greenbay Loss.

Looking over their schedule and what I see of the team They have maybe, 3-4 wins this season....maybe.

3. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

One bad game + Eric Berry's torn ACL + No Charlie Weis for Matt Cassel = the Chiefs being one of the worst teams in the league

They'll win no more than 6 games this year.

4. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

I agree the Chiefs will be a bad team. I thought they were going backwards before losing Berry. He is absolutely going to be the next great safety in the NFL and him going down hurts big time.

That said, I think the panthers, the bills, the bottom of the NFC west (seattle most likely, but if not the loser still will be worse than KC) the Broncos, the Colts (if no peyton, Titans otherwise) end up with worse records than KC.

5. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Given the rest of their schedule I'd be surprised now if they got to 5 wins to be honest. They have a brutal schedule ahead of them and the only games I see them with a reasonable chance of winning are the games against the following teams.

The Colts (without Manning)
    2 Games against Denver, I expect a split on this, historically no matter how good or bad each team has been they've always had troubles in each others home field.
    And Miami, I actually think Miami is a better team than the Chiefs but I do classify this as a reasonable chance for the Chiefs to win.

If they sweep those 4 games, and I think they only win 3 of those at most. then the next most winnable games for them are against the hot and cold Raiders. No way the Chiefs sweep that meeting, but for sake of argument we'll give them a split.

That puts them at 4-5 wins for the season.

The rest of the games would require total upsets (barring major injuries to the other teams on the remaining schedule).

2 games against the Chargers..odds are they lose both of those.
    Detroit will make mincemeat of the Chiefs secondary.
    Vikings, I don't know what to make of the Vikings right now, but I think the Chiefs don't really have a shot here as they haven't shown they can stop the run.
    New England, noway.
    Jets, not gonna happen.
    Bears? Forget about it.
    Packers? See New England.

It's going to be really really tough for this Chiefs team to get over 5 wins this season.

In other words we're basically in agreement, the Chiefs team as it stands now is pretty bad.

addendum: I'm willing to go on record saying the Chiefs win 4 games this year, +/- 1 game.

#1225 1968jetsfan, Sep 15, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2011
  6. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

7. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

8. colleen74

colleen74 Member

Hehe... that was fun :steelers: