2011 TGG Fantasy League - who's in?

Discussion in 'Fantasy Football' started by DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jun 27, 2011.

1. DarrelleRevis.Human?

DarrelleRevis.Human? Well-Known Member

I know it's early but you can never start too soon with the way people flake out and last minute people want to join.

I was thinking about this sort of format:

ESPN standard format

Online Snake Draft

10 players

FREE to play

LEAGUE OWNERS (3 slots available)

#1 DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jun 27, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  2. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Buy-in? Does ESPN allow for that sort of thing or would we be doing this on the honor system?

3. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

Buy in ain't gonna work but I'm down.

4. DarrelleRevis.Human?

I'm not exactly sure how we could do the buy-in exactly other than everyone paypal their money to the most trustworthy individual or even a moderator on here for safe keeping.

To me it's not so much the competition for $ as it is just keeping people more involved and honest. It seems that with money at stake people either want to try to win it or not lose theirs, which in turn = people not leaving in players on their bye week, injured players, etc.

It doesnt have to be a great sum either just enough to keep it interesting.

It also helps ensure people are on time and everyone is accounted for the draft.

Have it where the first 10 people to paypal their money is in.

5. DarrelleRevis.Human?

I have another suggestion

[​IMG]

A champion's trophy

We could throw in an additional $5 a piece to buy it, and inscribe the name and year of each champion on the wooden portion while the blank portion under the figure would have "TGG Fantasy Champions", or whatever that just seemed to fit.

At the end of the season it can be shipped to the new champion, and at the expense of the previous champion lol

#5 DarrelleRevis.Human?, Jun 30, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2011
  6. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

C'mon man. Don't join this guy's league and go dead there too.

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

So anyone else in?

8. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Possiblimente

9. AJayJay

AJayJay New Member

If it's a money league, sure. If not then no. Most people, I am guilty of this too, when it is not a money league or there is no incentive to keep people interested just seem to lose interest and have half the league active and the other inactive.

I'd like to get in a fantasy league with some of the guys over here as this is one of the boards I frequent on a daily basis.

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

That's not what I've found. I've seen people go dead in money leagues just as often as they go dead in free leagues.

What has happened in all my money leagues is that once people decide they are out of the race, they basically run away and hide.

People generally join free leagues because they enjoy fantasy sports. They don't require a monetary prize to play- obviously.

Seems to me you simply have run into a bunch of dweebs with no character in your free leagues.

11. NickD

NickD New Member

I'm in, but I'd like to see a scoring system where all positions are close to equal. No 6 pts for a pass TD. Must be ppr.

The best way to keep people interested is to have a weekly prize or some year end consilations (top week score of the season, most weeks with the top week score, best sleeper pick, etc). Of course, these with a championship trophy and money prize could make the buy in steep. It would be best to pick a buy-in everyone is comfortable with before adding the extras.

12. MadBacker Prime

I would love a IDP league like the other TGG league I was in last year. That was a Keeper league too, I haven't heard anything about that though.

Maybe to fill in the rest of the spots we can get those gents to sign up here. The Individual Defensive Player really added a new layer of drafting.

13. DarrelleRevis.Human?

It is and I agree with you, so I will count you in as well.

Cakes, what about you are you in?

As far as this goes I'm keeping the scoring system standard, as that's how everyone for the most part is use to playing and are accustomed to drafting positions in order by the way that scoring is setup.
    Now to this I do have weekly "trophies" (virtual espn trophies) for different accomplishments that carry over every year and are viewable in the trophy room. The addition of prizes seems like a good idea also, I'm up for it we can ask the group its opinions and get some ideas sure.

I would like to do a seperate league for this but for money and keeping it real competitive for years to come might be a bit much, I've wanted to do one of these but never have.

14. NickD

NickD New Member

IDP can make the rosters huge. Also, their value with standard scoring is minimal compared to offensive positions. Might as well be picking kickers. I'd rather have Team D/ST or none at all. Cut kickers out too while we are at it.

I'd like to do an IDP-only league with all 11 starting positions and a small buy-in. I'll start a thread to see if there is interest.

15. MadBacker Prime

Their scoring can be quite helpful, we just add value to sacks, tackles, and INTs.

I was in a TGG league last year and my IDPs saved me most weeks. I drafted mostly Jets on both sides of the ball and ended up in 3rd. I think Pds were also point worthy as well. If you pick the right defender, with 8 tackles and a sack, PD, that adds up to quite a bit.

16. NickD

NickD New Member

In the leagues I played in with IDPs, that would be 10 points (1 per Tackle, 2 for Sack), 11 if you give 1 per PD. For a solid performance, that is not a lot of points, compared to 120 yards and a TD from a RB/WR at 18 plus any bonus for 100 yards, receptions, etc.

Just as a comparison, Jerod Mayo was the leading tackler last season:
    175 Tackles, 2.0 Sacks, 1 FF, 3 FR, 5 PD = 192 pts for 2010

The 21st tackler was James Laurinaitis:
    114 Tackles, 3.0 Sacks, 1 FR, 1 Int, 5 PD = 129 pts for 2010

Adrian Foster was the leading rusher:
    1616 rush yds, 16 TDs, 604 rec yds, 2 TDs, 2 FL = 325 pts for 2010 (before bonus points)

LDT had a medicore season, 19th in yards, and was a late round draft pick:
    914 rush yds, 6 TDs, 368 rec yds = 163 pts for 2010 (before bonus points)

So, if you start 2 or 3 IDPs, then it works well enough. After that, there is significant drop off.

#16 NickD, Jul 13, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 13, 2011
  17. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I am still unsure if I will play in any fantasy football leagues this year.

18. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

I already apologized for that.

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Why?

(filler)

20. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Because I reneged on a verbal agreement to participate in his fantasy baseball league. Hence, an apology occured.