2007 TGG Poster Award Catagories

Discussion in 'TheGangGreen.com Poster Awards' started by Scikotic, Dec 18, 2007.

1. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

Welcome back guys. It's time for the TGG poster awards. First lets pay our respects to the Twinjetfan, who ran this for the last few seasons and did an excellent job at doing so. We really appreciate it, and we all look forward to these awards every year.

Ok, so this is the kickoff for the poster awards. This thread will be used for input; which awards will be removed, and which awards will be added. If you have a recommendation for an award, please state it. We will take a vote on it in the near future. I have no limit to how many awards we can remove or add, so if you have a "great" idea, please state it.

Here is the list of the awards as described by TwinJetFan:

1. Rookie of the year- This award is given out based on the best poster who joined in 2007. All nominees must have joined in 2007. NO EXCEPTIONS!!!!

2. Friendliest Poster- This is given out to the person who always has a "smile" on while posting. He/she is always nice and warm to new posters, is patient, and does not attack others.

3. Funniest Poster- The poster who wins this award is always joking around. Posts funny threads, posts, pics. This person can hijack a thread, yet is still funny.

4. Nightowltom Award- This is the award given out to the best Dolphin, Patriot, Bills, etc. fan on here. This poster is intelligent, can get into debates without getting into a slugfest, and most importantly is not a troll. For those who do not know, nightowltom was a very good and intelligent Patriots Fan on here. He unfortunately lost his battle with cancer earlier this year.

5. Most Knowledgeable Poster- This poster is the most intelligent person on the board. Their posts are always well thought out, and full of information. Usually this person can also debate well with others, providing with intelligent rebuttals and opinions.

6. The Best Thread of the Year- This award is given to the thread that was hilarious, longstanding, or just plain stupid. If a funny ban took place, or someone went crazy in a thread, this is the award.

7. Meanest Poster- This award is given out to the poster who is always in a bad mood. This person hates new posters, and maligns them.

8. Most Negative Poster- This poster is always pessimistic about the way they view the Jets. This use same ol' Jets a lot, and use facts from the past to support their theory.

9. Most Annoying Poster- This is a poster who you just want to shut up. Their opinions are sometimes pessimistic, even if there is no need for it. They can randomly hijack a thread, making people upset.

10. Least Intelligent Poster- This award is given out to the poster who is just clueless. They try to make good posts, but they lack facts, grammar, and maturity.

11. Most Optimistic Poster- This award is given out to the poster who always looks toward the sunny side of things. This person can turn a terrible situation or event into a positive.

12. Best Photoshop Artists- This award is given out to the person who always does a magnificent job on avatars or signatures. There work is widely respected across the board, and a lot of posters have their work set as their avatars/signatures.

13. International Poster of the Year- This is the award given out to the person who is not from one of the 50 States of America. Canada, Australia, Europe, and Asia are all considered foreign.

14. Biggest Troublemaker- This award is given out to the poster who always creates trouble. This person might instigate a fight between people, and end up getting themselves or others banned. This person gets into arguments with other people, and creates threads just for attention.

15. Most Argumentative Poster- This award is given to a poster who always seems to be in an argument with someone else. This person can be stubborn about their opinions, but can also display their opinions in an intelligent matter.

16. Post Whore of the Year- This poster posts again and again and again. They seem to be in every thread, and in some cases take up a whole entire thread.

17. Most Creative Poster- This award is given out to the person who has a unique talent for writing. This person is also intelligent, and posts might contain humorous stuff. They write songs, poems, stories, etc.

Nominations for new Awards:

Most Improved Poster:
    This award will be given out to the person who has shown a significant margin of improvement on their posting in the last year. Their posts from 2006 may have been vague, boring, and not worth the time, but have been extremely interesting and worth reading in 2007. (Scikotics)

Draft Guru Award: This award will be given out to the poster who has displayed their superior knowledge when it comes to the draft and all collegiate football players that have entered the draft. This poster may be involved in the Annual Off-Season Mock draft, and if so, usually drafts the best players according to the following season. (Scikotics)

Scout of the Year: This award will be given out to the poster who gives the most insightful and detailed reports from training camp, and gives us a reason to be excited about Training Camp. ( NJJets)

Best Jet Fan living in rival territory: This award will be given out to the poster who lives in rival territory ( N.E. Miami, Buffalo) is the "best Jets fan" so to speak. One who always has a valued opinion, and contributes a great amount to TGG. (wildthing2022000)

Removal of Awards:

Meanest Poster

Most Negative Poster

ok guys, the floor is yours! Have at it....

#1 Scikotic, Dec 18, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 20, 2007
  2. brothermoose

brothermoose Well-Known Member

How about "Scout of the Year" for the best training camp reports. Last year TBJ got "most knowledgeable" for them, but this would allow us to give that one to the most knowledgeable overall poster and have a new award for TC reports.

3. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

I nominate myself for the Grammar Police Award.

It's categories, not catagories. :)

4. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I think most of the negative awards should go.

5. Twombles

Twombles Active Member

I think Meanest Poster should go. And possibly Post Whore, we haven't seen many since the post counts went down.

6. wildthing202

wildthing202 Active Member

How about an award for Best Jet Fan living in opposing territory like MA or Western NY. I'm not counting Florida since Florida is practically MA/NY south.

7. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Meanest with best Troll smasher....

8. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

I think me, you, Alio, puck, and Yisman would own that catagory....we could share that award!

9. Canadian

Canadian New Member

I definitely agree with the removal of "Meanest Poster," and I definitely approve the new additions :beer:

When do the nominations start?

EDIT: Whoops, saw the dates in the other thread :smile:

10. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

How many Votes do you guys feel should be sufficient enough to either remove or add an award? 15? 20? Or should there be more yes responses then no's? Give me some input here...

11. Canadian

Canadian New Member

I would say put each removal or addition in their own poll and approve the additions or remvoals with at least a 2/3rd majority.

12. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

sounds like a good idea...anyone else?

13. German Jets Fan

German Jets Fan 2007 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

do we really have to vote for this one?

14. WhiteShoeWillis

WhiteShoeWillis Well-Known Member

What about breaking "Best Thread of the Year" into a few separate awards for the more popular forums?

NYJ - BTOTY
    NFL - BTOTY
    NCAA - BTOTY
    BS - BTOTY

15. Canadian

Canadian New Member

Too complicated in my opinion, besides there hasn't been too many exceptional threads in the NFL or NCAA forums

16. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Thread of the Year was wrapped up in January... "I must respond" is an classic of epic proportions

17. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

If there are going to be negative awards, it seems that there is a lack of symmetry in the "Most knowledgable" and "Least intelligent" awards - being knowledgable is not the same as being intelligent, despite the description given under "Most knowledgable." Are we trying to identify people with vast and miniscule amounts of football knowledge, respectively, or vast and miniscule amounts of brain cells?

18. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

are you suggesting we change it to Most knowledgable about football, or Most Football Knowledgeable? Whatever, they both work....

19. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I'm saying that we need to decide which it is that people actually mean - knowledgable or intelligent - in both the "Most" and "Least" categories. If people want both, "Most intelligent" and "Least knowledgable" awards could be added. I'm just not clear on what is actually being voted for in the categories as given, and I suspect that others are also confused.

20. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

How about we change the Least Intelligent Poster to the Least Knowledgeable Poster....

I love it...leave it to a teacher to complicate the difference between knowledgeable and intelligent. After all, its all about the technicalities...:up: