17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Last time I was in Home Depot they had them right near the checkout counter.

2. Section 227. Row 5

This about sums it up. I'll bet many current ticketholders feel exactly this way.

3. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

I am happy my season tickets are 77. There is just no way I would pay for a psl. I hope they dont sell

4. Section 227. Row 5

I think they'll all sell. But I also think they've set up an impossible situation for most ticketholders. Even the Uppers along the rail are much further from the field than the current seats are in the same row.

The tickets will sell, but I predict resale prices on eBay and StubHub will not be much more than they are today. Why? Because the market will determine what the real ticket price is.

If a guy has 4 and needs to bail, he'll get whatever the market will bear even though he's got $400 "invested" in each seat plus whatever percentage of what he thinks he should attribute to each ticket to recoup his PSL over time.

The result will be a very disappointing shortfall depending upon all the factors that affect ticket prices now... who the Jets are playing that week, what their record is, time of game, even the weather. some of these people are setting themselves up for massive, heavy losses.

Gone are the days where someone like Champ can reside in Texas, own 12 seats and basically operate a scalping agency from his computer. The losses will be staggering.

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Where is ur proof I run a scalping operation from my computer? FYI I sell the tix to 2 of my former neighbors from NJ at FACE VALUE.

Why would you post such a total lie against me?

6. GSourJr

GSourJr New Member

Can you tell us how much LEG ROOM there is in the mezzanine? The upper deck?

7. DownAndOut

DownAndOut Member

The pictures are great. But I'm now so depressed. I have very little seniority since the tix (five tickets in row 33 in section 132) were transferred to my name 4 years ago by someone who was not a family member. F#$K!

8. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

For an extra $500 a year, they will put leg room.

9. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

dont know legroom as you can see there where no seat in yet.

10. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Thanks for the pics and info. It's definitely appreciated. Depressing, but appreciated.

11. Section 227. Row 5

Sorry Champ. I thought you once said you had 12 tickets and sold most of them because you can't make it to the games and I therefore assumed you dumped them on eBay or whatever.

Never meant to get into your personal business... I don't care what you do with your tickets.... none of my business. Disregard the statement.

12. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Yep at the moment I have 12 4 from circa 84 which I suspect I will lose as I will not take a PSL & 8 from circa 77 that will allow me to obtain UD non PSL seats.

I NEVER sold them on any auction forum & always sold them at face value once I departed NJ.

Thanks & I will disregard ur statement

13. Section 227. Row 5

There isn't a season ticketholder who hasn't at one time or another been unable to use his tickets and had to sell them at face, sell them at a loss, give them away or worse, toss them in the garbage.

My point is that newcomers, without the benefit of years of experience with these tickets, shouldn't get the idea that they'll be able to break even and bail out if need be, even at face, like you do.

It's going to be a very painful experience for them to have paid (as would be the case with me in the Mezz,for example) a $7500 PSL and $400 per ticket and you can't go. Now, forgetting about the PSL altogether, I'd have to get $1600 to break even on just that one Sunday.

If you put these tickets on eBay or StubHub or even the Jets website, you won't get even close to breaking even. In fact, I predict the market will price them at about the same prices as they are today... $60-$250 range depending on all the factors. This doesn't even take into consideration the 2 Preseason games, which are guaranteed to be total losers since there hasn't been a Preseason game played ever that was worth more than $25 a seat.

14. SigmaXJet

SigmaXJet Active Member

can't wait to buy a $12 bud light there next season

15. Section 227. Row 5

Enforcement of tailgating will get real interesting along about the fall of 2010. I predict the Tailgate Police will be out in force.

I can picture guys sitting in their car before the game, sneaking a sip of beer from a brown paper bag while passing sandwiches around. The parking lot will be loaded with state police vehicles and security officials on foot, cruising the parking lot for "tailgating violators." The whole scene will be ridicuolous as guys try to circumvent the rules and the Tailgate Police play cat and mouse with everyone with an open trunk lid.

16. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

Its my goal to get those high end club seats for free and I know it will happen. Your 100% right the resale market is going to way below value. Its already like that depending on the game. If I have 1 extra ticket to a game I never try to sell it at the lot. I see people selling pairs but it takes alot of time to get rid of them. Its very easy to score free or cheap tickets to games in the lot and thats before the tickets increase to ridiculous rates.

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Tailgating

I must have missed something... what is all this reference to tailgating police and stuff. I know non-psl holders will have to park far away but they going to restrict us from tailgating? I have a noon conference call with all the fellas to go over filling out the form and to discuss our stratergy. Thanks to 17A, we have some info to work with. I guess we are going to take the tour to see what the Mezz End Zones seats view is because I am really bumming about the distance of the upper deck. At worst, I thought I could have what I have now, side of end zone, row 9 so anywhere in the upper deck will be higher and farther then I have now. If all I can get is row 15 or so, its either take it, go to Mezz End Zone of give em up. I can not see sitting in row 15 when row 4 is as high as the last row in the current place. This is worse then I thought. Damm, I don't want PSL's and I don't want to sit any higher then I do now.

18. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

You might be waiting a while for service as next season they will still be in the old building:)

19. Section 227. Row 5

We're all screwed.

But getting back to the tailgating, I'm sure I read where tailgating is going to be permitted BUT ONLY in designated areas and those areas didn't look very large. You will not be allowed to tailgate in any of the non-tailgate areas.

Guys will try, of course, so they'll get there, open up their trunks and try to work out of there. But don't expect to set up any chairs or small grilles in the non-designated area because I'm sure they'll have Tailgate Police to curtail that real quick.

18 months from now it'll be a real game of cat and mouse as guys will be trying to see yhow far they can push it and what they can get away with.

20. Gator

Gator Active Member

Police: Barbecuer! Drop the Spatula and step slowly away from the barbecue. I wanna see hands. Now, left hand, slowly grab the Hot dog buns and place them on the floor...SLOWLY!