1-3 Start

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by endydee, Sep 28, 2014.

1. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Imo the Jets need to play hard the rest of the way. Young players need to develop, and they can't afford to take the rest of this year off. Develop a winning culture, see who plays to win even when the team is down, get the WCO fully incorporated here, set to make a better run next year.

Play Vick, bring him back next year hopefully with a younger Qb who can develop properly.

2. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Will the offense consistently score? We know they can move the ball. Will Geno not throw a boneheaded pick/make a bad decision? Will we stop picking up back breaking penalties? Can the defense not give up 90+ yard TD drives? Can they actually get an int when the opportunity presents itself?

If you can't answer yes to all these then I doubt we'll make a run. I love football and I love my Jets so I'll watch. But I know it's over.

3. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

I agree with the bold. That's pretty much all that this season is about now. Develop young players and see who'll be here when we start to win.

4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I have the same gut feeling, but you never know. You just never know.

5. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

I'm beginning to think Rex is just being used as a mask to cover up the fact that the team is rebuilding. Or, Idzik was told he had to keep Rex this year and is rebuilding anyway.

I'm fine with the idea of rebuilding. Brady is on his way out. That will leave the top of the division up for grabs soon enough, maybe even this year. They need to get the QB figured out though. It would be great if he was, but I dont think Geno is the guy. I dont think Mariota or Winston are going to be those guys either.

For the first time in a while, I could be on board for a coach change. I think I would still want a defense oriented coach, but one with more common sense of game management and has a bit more of a mind for offense. This team has too many good defensive players to go with a Sean Payton type QB. Just need a coach who puts more emphasis on turnovers. Jets are doing very well when it comes to yardage, but they arent forcing turnovers. If you're going to lead the league in giveaways you need to force some turnovers if you want to compete.

I dont know who the young coaching minds out there are, so the Jets are going to have to do their HW before firing Rex.

6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Watching play KC playa patsies on MNF and both look decent

7. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Yeah, watching the game as well. This is the best the Chiefs have played all season (so far). Being stuck in Kansas City I get the "pleasure" of seeing all the Chiefs games.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. NYJetsO12

Chiefs have Andy Reid so that's a plus.

9. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I would rather have Shane Carden, QB out of ECU.

10. BigSnacks54

BigSnacks54 Well-Known Member

Is this sarcasm?

11. 1968jetsfan

I REALLY wanted Reid if the Jets had gotten rid of Ryan. Glad they didn't because Ryan is a Defensive genius but Reid is a QB guru.....

12. NYJetsO12

Hey let's sign both...if it could actually happen Reid HC and offense while Ryan just does what he only does best lol

13. 1968jetsfan

either I've substantially under rated KC this year (doubtful since I've seen all their games) or severely over rated the Patriots because the Chiefs are just eating up the Pats.

Axel3419 likes this.
  14. 1968jetsfan

And only talking about this game here because we play the Pats in 3 weeks and the Chiefs in 5 weeks. Pats just not looking good at all.

15. mgjetman22

mgjetman22 Active Member

Revis beat for a short gain. Other than that on an island by himself.

16. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

That's not true.

He's been beat twice already and he's playing a lot of zone tonight. No Island

17. mgjetman22

mgjetman22 Active Member

Bellychump was in that players ass. That's what Rex needs to do.