Zach's Game Winning Drive.. 5 for 5, 57 Passing Yards, 114.2 Passer Rating

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 2, 2022.

1. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Best 4th quarter performance from a Jets QB that I’ve seen in a long time. Maybe ever tbh.

Brook!, Borat and bicketybam like this.
  2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Jets OL allowed 22 pressures today. Needless to say, it wasn’t a banner day for the OL.

Brook!, Borat, Lon Chaney and 4 others like this.
  3. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

What Zach's Mom's BF said?

Footballgod214 likes this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Maybe that says more about the comments and commenters than Conklin Zach Saleh and Mike LaFleur.

I understand the ease with which you can sink into negativity watching this team and winning two nail biters won't change that, but maybe people should be a little less quick to post comments and see how things work out.

5. ColoradoContrails

Not ever, but the best in a long long time.

Borat, NY Jets68, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  6. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Hand up. Definitely a prisoner of the moment there lol

Riding high after seeing Zach look like a beast for the final 15 minutes.

Brook! and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I just rewatched the game. There were some really nice tight window throws the last two 2 drives. Two that stickout was a pass to Wilson and one he threw behind to Davis to avoid an approaching defender and a third to Davis on 4th down.

One sack on the 2nd drive. Constant pressure. Ton of throwaways. 3 bad throws besides the INT before the half. One he dirted to Wilson one to Moore and one Wilson played DB on. Overall the play was not bad as I expected after watching it live. Problem seemed more the OL and the drops than Wilson. When given a clean pocket he was making big throws all game long. MLF has a lot of work to do. I look forward to seeing the film reviews this week.

Brook!, KY Jets Fan, Borat and 2 others like this.
  8. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

The upside of our offense is so much higher with Wilson in. When he's clicking we are a very hard offense to stop because of his arm and mobility and all of our weapons. Now if we can just make the OL work with all the injuries...

9. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

What you saw today was some very good "professional NFL throws." I been on the fence about him - I think most of you know that - but he delivered when it counted. Thank God for his ability to avoid the rush... some of the bad throws were cause because he was under such pressure. Kudos to the coaches for moving people around on the OL which seem to make it somewhat better,,,, next week the fish whi are for real so its another test for this CS and team.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

What an impressive 4th Quarter from Zach Wilson. I knew he was capable of that, but it is nice to see in an actual game. Now he needs to keep it up! :)

11. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I have been waiting to see how things work out for a while now you know that....smh. And BTW there IS a reason why myself and. 60 % of posters "sink" into negativity

And if Conklin and the Coaches were playing badly at that point in the game this or next week or week 16 what do you expect Posters to say " oh I'll reserve my judgement about LaFler or the HC , player till the end of the game???" Cmon now CC

I think if you read J Vilmas post in this thread or another about not declaring a season victory so fast you will get what I mean

Again being on the dark side comes from ascending great heights only to be thrown back into the basement

Sure I am very happy with 2 unpredictable wins !! I hope we have more of that

The reliability and confidence you have in players and CS can only go up based on evidence to me...

The Future never only gets better by Hope..it gets better by Plan

Ralebird likes this.
  13. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The depth of the OL seems to be of better quality than a couple of years ago if that makes any sense.

But the starting core definitely needs some work this coming off season if they want this team to take the next big step forward …

Cman68 likes this.
  14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

There’s a few things I look at when evaluating a QB. I see what Mahomes can do…when he’s flushed out of the pocket, and he makes a crazy play…or avoiding sacks, extending drives. QB’s rarely operate out of clean pockets aside from prime Brady years essentially.

While Zach has a long ways to go, he made some big boy throws. He can anticipate, make tight window throws. He can escape the pocket and make things happen ordinary QB’s can’t.

These are the things that get me excited about his future. The 4th quarter he was EXCELLENT. This is the potential he flashes, what gives me hope he’s going to be a star. The thing that worries me are the bad starts he had today but ultimately I look more of the good then bad.

All QB’s run into buzzsaw’s and defenses that just confuse. But show me when a QB makes plays, spectacular one after another. This is why I’m high on Zach, I’ve seen good QB play from Lawrence. Meanwhile, I’ve seen nothing from fields passing wise, and Lance has little to no tape for me to make a distinction.

For his first game back, good job Zach. Let’s build on this. I have faith.

SOJAZ, Brook!, KY Jets Fan and 5 others like this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

I DID acknowledge that there is a reason people sink into negativity so quickly. But I'm also saying that maybe people need to take a breath or two before they post. In reading the comments in the Game Thread for this game and the Browns game it was an almost constant stream of "Oh shit!" "I knew this would happen!" "I'm done with this team!" "This CS has to go!", and then all of sudden they win and people aren't so quick to pull the plug. You know I've been a Jets fan at least as long as you, and have suffered the same heartbreaking episodes, and I too remain somewhat skeptical until they prove otherwise, but negativity and positivity are self-fulfilling IMO. I'm not saying anyone has to give up being skeptical, but maybe just not be so quick to declare it until it actually happens.

OTOH, it's a fan board, and everyone is free to do what they want.

ouchy, KY Jets Fan and mrjet80 like this.
  16. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Agree….

Meanwhile Lawrence was brought back to earth today. Lost 4 fumbles!!…Imagine the reaction if Zach did that.

Noam and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I think that is exactly what it was. Plus brass balls. Can't wait to see the next one.

18. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Inject it into my veins. LFG!

19. ColoradoContrails

I again wasn't able to watch the game, but was able to watch some highlight clips and here's what I saw: Zach showed he has elite arm talent and the ability to make throws that very few guys can. Did he make some mistakes? Sure. But his ability to thread the needle and get the ball away is something not many QBs - even very good ones - can do. Add to that his ability to scramble out of trouble and being willing to throw the ball OOB rather than take the sack is also encouraging. Because I only saw highlights maybe I didn't see all the bad stuff, but I didn't see him being panicky at all. Yes, he did have to run for his life more than a few times, but he kept his eyes downfield and not overly concerned with the "footsteps" closing in on him.

Finally, while it certainly doesn't rank up there with Namath's "guarantee" against the Colts, the confidence of declaring "Let's go get a fuckin touchdown!" speaks volumes.

But for god's sake, they'd better make sure they give him better protection!

SOJAZ, Mogriffjr, Brook! and 3 others like this.
  20. RIPJimLeonhard

RIPJimLeonhard Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree with this, there are a lot of negative things to takeaway from this game, the biggest one being the stupid boneheaded penalties, specifically that horrendous Lawson roughing the passer one.

The most infuriating part is watching Saleh just stand that with that same blank squinting look he always has, no emotion, no anger or frustration with the fact that a dude just handed the Steelers 3 points for no good reason, drives me nuts to see.

NYJetsO12 likes this.