Your guys' opinion of George Selvie?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Prince of Thieves, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Prince of Thieves

Prince of Thieves New Member

I haven't heard him mentioned much, but he's quietly had a pretty good college career, and from what I remember of watching him, his size and skill projects OK to the NFL. Am I missing something?

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Selvie was a great pass rusher during his sophomore year, but he's been wildly inconsistent since.

Once teams started using two guys to block him, he didn't make many plays.

3. JetsLookingforDWare

Good player...hopefully works out really well...love that he's an experience DE and that he demanded attention throughout his college career...One guy who can jump back into peoples memories if he has a great combine.

4. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

One great year, and than fell like a rock. Selvie will probably be drafted in Rds 4/5 and someone may get a decent player if he get's his act together.

5. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I don't really know if he'll have a true position in the NFL. He has a long, lanky build, but I think if he puts on weight, he'll lose a lot of that quickness and burst that made him so dangerous as a sophomore. In fact, I think he's already lost a lot of it...the guy's best season was when he weighed around 225-230.

He doesn't get good leverage, he's bad against the run, and he gets overpowered a lot of times.

6. The Grim Revis

The Grim Revis New Member

I'm a really big Selvie fan. He has a great motor, but was constantly double-teamed. He's a good leader as well and IMO, he'll be a solid pass rusher in the pros.

I like him in the early-mid 3rd.