Your Grades for Jets' Picks

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Apr 24, 2020.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Becton A-
    Mims A+ (Due to trade down)
    Davis C+
    Zuniga C

Loved the offensive picks in first 2 rounds. Was bummed with back to back defensive picks on 3rd. Will edit this after the last pick of the day

2. Martin&theJETS

Martin&theJETS Well-Known Member

Becton - A+
    Mims - A+
    Davis - B+
    Zuniga - B
    Perine - B
    Morgan - C-
    Clark - B+
    Hall - A+
    Mann - B

#2 Martin&theJETS, Apr 24, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
  3. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

this is the only correct response

IIMeanDeanII and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Becton A
    Mims B+
    Davis C
    Zuniga B-
    Perine B-
    Morgan C
    Cameron Clark A
    Bryce Hall B

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Mekhi Becton - B+
    His new potential addiction coming to light makes me nervous and so does the potential injuries. I know he has no history of it, but massive humans should not be able to move like he can.

Denzel Mims - B+
    I preferred some other receivers over Mims due to the fact that he's not very polished. The trade down would grade out as making this pick much better than a B+ but I'm simply grading it on the player. He has all the physical tools and I hope that Shawn Jefferson can coach up his raw talent. I really think JD wanted Van Jefferson here.

Ashtyn Davis - A-
    Everyone believes the player is excellent. Douglas stuck to his board here and is eyeing Davis as an eventual replacement for Maye. Maye is good but not great. Davis contributes immediately in a 4-2-5 defense and as a special teamer. Cal has had an excellent defense for a while too with a bunch of good tacklers.

Jabari Zuniga - C
    I don't like taking a player like him coming off an injury without mountains of production prior to that season. Raw ability here but I wasn't a big fan.

Lamical Perine - B
    Good chip on your shoulder player. He will be our unquestioned backup for the next 5 years and productive on third down. He will be a good pairing when we add another RB in the second or third next year. I think there were other backs there with higher upside to be 'the guy' which brings the grade down because I don't think he's that guy.

Jamie Morgan - B-
    I like the fact that Douglas is forward thinking about adding a backup quarterback that can be developed. I prefer a fourth round backup to a shitty journeyman like Glennon, Daniels, Stanton etc. that is just there to lose games and collect a paycheck. I thought it was a little bit high for us. One round too early which hurts the grade.

Cameron Clark - A
    Sounds like a high character guy that will compete right away. I don't know a ton about him but experts love him. Can't argue with a tackle that was an offensive MVP and a multi year starter. I can't act like I know a lot about him though because I don't.

Bryce Hall - A
    Good value that fell I think primarily due to his injury. He was a top corner in the nation in 2018. Virginia has produced a good defense for a couple years now.

I'll add a disclaimer that I don't know a ton about Clark or Zuniga or Morgan and these are just quick-twitch reactionary grades. I've seen most of the others a fair amount so I feel confident in their grades.

Red Menace likes this.
  6. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i don't have any grades....i think we all got lathered up with the approach and nimble trading but in the end it may not be much different than all the rest - excluding the real clunkers from the past GM's in isolated seasons.

not thrilled about coming away with only a "project" at WR in a very deep draft for that position.

also not thrilled about no skilled pass rusher. every fucking year its the same. do these GM's transmit the pass rush virus at the jet's offices down to each successive GM. its really bizarre.

MJK and JetsNation06 like this.
  7. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Becton: A
    Mims: A+
    Davis: B+
    Zuniga: B
    Perine: C+
    Morgan: C+
    Clark: A
    Hall: A
    Mann: who cares? It’s a punter

Only complaint I have is that we’ve only came away with 1 WR in a historically deep draft so far. Maybe they’re just higher on Perriman & Doctson than I am but I wanted multiple prospects here. Maybe they didn’t see the value they wanted for them for whatever reason but I wish we had at least 1 more prospect for this group.

8. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Becton- B+- Preferred others but it’s acceptable of course and should be a huge player going forward

Mims- Easy A+

Davis- B, I think the value was good will have to see where they play him and if the jets trade Maye or something

Zuniga- C. Looks like a good football player but I really don’t see that much upside as a pass rusher we will see..

Perine- C- Wanted a wideout here so many good ones there. RB’s are the DT’s of offense , can find them growing on trees

Morgan- D- It’s a backup round 4 so for now it’s an Almost an F. we had so many pressing needs and round 4 is no time to use a pick on a guy who won’t play unless the season is already fucked anyway. Maybe he is good and we can trade him in a few years.

Clark- B+ - probably a guard projected to go a bit later but I’ll trust joe on this position

Hall- Injuries but it’s an easy A grade

Mann (punter) F- . Needed a WR like proche or hill here, it’s a shit pick no defending it

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I suspect Becton is a little fat for your liking.

TwoHeadedMonster and Brook! like this.
  10. Joe D MVP

Joe D MVP Active Member

hill and Proche will still be sitting there at 211 at least one of them will. Maybe they are on the menu for joe D maybe they arint.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. jilozzo

did we pick a punter???......ugh IMO thats criminal.

this isn't a 12 round marathon like they used to have. in a 7rd draft you HAVE to find a position player. i don't care if u have 20 picks.

i'll give a bit of a pass because of this fucking manmade pandemic which obviously affected the scouting process.

12. 6-10 once again

6-10 once again Well-Known Member

Nope he is muscular ... he actually cares about his body unlike Quinnen

13. Joe D MVP

Joe D MVP Active Member

would you take a scrub who might not make the team over a hall of fame punter? Asking for a friend.

UKGangGreen and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. jilozzo

holy crap didn't polite go to FL. just great.

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

My Grades are based solely on the quality/talent of player at the position imo not who we might/should have taken to meet a pressing need

Do we need more Wrs ? yes sir

Otherwise a well thought out mix of players for O and D;)

Mims: A
    Davis: -A
    Zuniga: -B
    Perine: C+
    Morgan: A-
    Clark: A-
    Mann: A

Pepsiguy5 and Red Menace like this.
  16. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Becton-A
    Mims-C-
    Davis-B
    Zuniga-C
    Perine-C
    Morgan-F
    Clark -A
    Hall -A
    Mann-B

Good job addressing the line....terrible job addressing WR.

17. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

A team is made up of three phases, he obviously understands that and drafted in a way that would address that.

Guy can’t make up for Idzik and Macagnans blunders in one draft.

This was a good draft, all these picks are versatile and fit the system the Jets use.

18. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Becton: A+
    Trade Down A+
    Mims: A+
    Davis: D+
    Zuniga: C-
    Perine: D+
    Morgan: C
    Clark: B+
    Hall: A+
    Mann: A+

Started amazing and ended very strong, but a strange trip through the 3rd and 4th, where we could have really made strong improvements.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Mims: A
    Davis: B-
    Zuniga: C+
    Perine: B-
    Morgan: B+
    Clark: A
    Mann: A-
    There were a few questionable selections, but no real head scratchers like Hackenberg or McDougle. I suspect that WR will be a top priority in the first 3 rounds next year. There will be some good ones to target depending on where we'll pick. While it would've been great to come out of this draft with 2 WR's, this roster wasn't going to get fixed in one offseason.

boozer32 and Red Menace like this.
  20. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Becton: A-
    Mims: B+
    Davis: B
    Zuniga: C
    Perine: C-
    Morgan: D
    Clark: B+
    Mann: A-

Overall: B+. Best draft in 10 years or more but some puzzling selections. A host of competent WRs and Cushenberry/Biadasz could have been chosen rather than the safe-choice/high-character picks in the middle rounds. Zuniga/Perine/Morgan look pretty ordinary value for the picks expended.