young or leinart

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by krd145, Mar 15, 2006.

1. krd145

krd145 New Member

brees to the saints. this should mean its either young or leinert. forget cutler. who do u think we should draft? I want young. he can handle the NY pressure and my friends that is a big deal.

2. Pride

Pride New Member

I prefer Leinart because he played in a nfl style offense and has all the credentials. It scares me when players like Young jump up after one great performance. Young plays in a typical college offense. 95% of his plays were in the shotgun and he read the line backers and reacted. He was faster than everyone in college and he wont be in the nfl

3. USAFJETSFAN

USAFJETSFAN New Member

Are you kidding me I would not touch Young and Leinart will be gone unless we trade up. This will cause us a bit since Tennesse will be trying to covet that spot also.If I am the Jets stay the hell away from any QB that first name does not start the the first name of Matt (Leinart) or (Schaub)

4. Pride

Pride New Member

For everyone who blasts Leinart, I ask you to look at his rating from analysts. His grades are higher than any qb since Peyton Manning. I feel we have to go get him this year because a QB prospect rated as high as him wont be available for more than 3-4 years

5. borna'horn

borna'horn New Member

Young was 30-2 as a starter, had a better season than Leinart, and was MVP of the Rose Bowl in two straight years. The only people surprised by his Rose Bowl performance were people who weren't paying attention to him in the first place. His career was every bit as good as Leinart's, if not better.

6. 3lixer.

3lixer. Active Member

plus heads up Young looked alot better than Leinart who seemed to overthrow everybody in that Rosebowl game.

Vince Young is fast. Matt Leinart makes Vinny Testaverde look fast.

So what if Young's mechanics aren't prototypical. He's very accurate & got a strong arm.

Plus Leinart has already had knee & elbow injuries.

7. Pride

Pride New Member

Leinart had maybe th greatest college career for a QB. He won a heisman won two championships.

8. Pride

Pride New Member

Vince Young does not have an strong arm, his strength is even with Leinart. Im not sure what Tom Brady's 40 time is but he's pretty good

9. borna'horn

borna'horn New Member

And so did Young. 30-2 as a starter. 3000 yards passing/1000 yards rushing his senior year. Was voted above Leinart in the Heisman balloting, AP All-American balloting, and the Davey O'Brien award his senior year. Won his final 20 starts. Had he stayed his senior year he would have easily passed Leinart in victories and gone well above 40 for his career.

Young is arguably the greatest quarterback in college football history.

10. Pride

Pride New Member

Young did not, Young has one championship , Leinart has 2 championships and a heisman. Leinart only loss 2 games as a starter so how is Young's carrer just as good?

11. borna'horn

borna'horn New Member

Uh, Young also only lost 2 games as a starter, and he won their only head-to-head matchup. Tiebreaker goes to Young. Add that to the fact VY easily would have passed 40 victories had he stayed for his senior year. Its just that VY did not go to the hype machine called USC.

Young is the only college QB ever to pass for 3000 and run for 1000 yards in a single season. Nobody else has even achieved a 2500/1000 split.

12. Pride

Pride New Member

Vince Young couldnt beat Oklahoma and beat them after when Oklahoma had to reload after losing all there players in the draft

13. borna'horn

borna'horn New Member

Again, scoreboard.

[​IMG]

14. JHTJ

JHTJ New Member

If I had the opportunity to take a college team from scratch and choose one player to build my team around it would be Young any day of the week and Twice on Saturdays. In my opinion it wouldn't even be close.

Vince young was a better college QB than Linehart was, and he did it with alot less surrounding him offensively. Nobody has ever been as dominant or unstoppable as Vince was at the QB position, and had he not been yanked from something like 7 games in the 3rd and 4th quarter he probably would have been the Heisman Winner too.

Linehart might be the better Pro QB, but IMO Vince is the greatest college QB to ever play, and definately the greatest in my era. Had he stayed for his Senior year it would probably be carved in stone.

15. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

Young played against a USC defense which was subpar. Vince would have been demolished facing the SC defense two and three years ago. That is part of the reason Texas beat USC in the bowl game. Leinart and Young both have little above average arms. Vince is not accurate though, that's where you're wrong. He threw many of those passes in the Rosebowl at the ground so many of his recievers did not have many yards after catch. Get it straight. In my poinion Texas is a hype machine.

16. borna'horn

borna'horn New Member

Well you obviously did not watch the game. Young hit his receivers right in the hands, and he was also more accurate than Leinart this year.

You can call Texas a hype machine. I call them defending national champions. :up:

17. hydro51

hydro51 New Member

quinn will grade out high next year.. but we dont no were we will be next yeat.. and it would stupid delaying the rebuilding process a year by not taking a qb. by next year the leinart would ready to start. by then our oline should be back up to form and a new rb ( maybe Adrian Peterson)... cause were gonna have alot of money next season.

#17 hydro51, Mar 15, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2006
  18. DOOM

DOOM Active Member

USC has been in the national eye for consecutive years with a bullseye on their football team and Texas feels comparable to the hype for one Rosebowl ? Try again because you fail to realize the bigger picture. I feel Leinart will flourish where Young will rely too much on his physical gifts and will shorten his career.

19. Bawden

Bawden New Member

Young, is a great player and a good QB but Leinart is special. He exlemplifies a superbowl winning QB. Qb's like Vick, Young generally have a tougher time when it comes down to it. The only scrambling QBs who I can remember off hand is Steve Young and Steve McNair who did real well. I think Leinart will be the next great QB up there with Brady, Manning, off the bat and looked at even greater in hindsight. But you wont see a sad face here if we do get Young.

20. borna'horn

borna'horn New Member

I'm really not trying to knock Leinart. I think he is a great QB and he played great throughout his career as well as in the Rose Bowl. But Vince Young, at least this past season, was slightly better. And I base that on the actual results of the season and not on one of them simply looking more the part.

Either QB would be a great pickup, but I think Vince can do more on his own while Leinart would need more help.