You warm and fuzzy/awesome football story

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by FriendlyGiantsFan, May 12, 2010.

1. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

For the hell of it, since the offseason is upon us in all its misery, post your heartwarming football story here. Or just make a joke with the punchline involving the word "dong," your call.

Mine came at a Giants' game (obviously) back during the 2005 season. It was Giants versus the undefeated Broncos. Went to the game with some family and a friend of the family whose wife was dying of cancer. This game had been his first time spent away from the kids (and on himself) in weeks as he started working 12 hour days to keep up with medical expenses.

When we arrived early to take in the tailgating sights (lacking tailgating paraphernalia of our own)we were greeted with an excellent surprise; the Giants had hired a private company to cater to all tailgaters. I had been to several Giants' games before this one and have attended several since and haven't encountered this any other time (though apparently the Giants pay them to work at 4 of the 8 home games a season).

This party was great, they had BBQ'ed a huge pig and were serving pork dishes that rocked. They also had freshly grilled burgers and hotdogs, free beer (yeeha!) as well as free drinks. There was a live band performing there and there were TVs set up all over the place broadcasting the games currently being played.

For the game itself our seats were in the back of the endzone. I don't know how many of you remember this game, but the Giants won on a TD from Eli to Toomer with 6 seconds to go. This happened right in front of us in the endzone. The walk out of the stadium was filled with me punching and hugging people I didn't know while screaming (how 'bout those Giants?!?).

To say that our family friend had a great time is an understatement. I've been to several Giants' games and enjoyed each one, but I had more fun at this game than any other.

So, what tales do you all have to tell?

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

i once punched a Giants fan in the face. Boy was she pissed.

3. sunnygs97

sunnygs97 New Member

This really shouldn't be in the Jets forum.

4. FriendlyGiantsFan

What team do you root for?

Who will your story likely be about?

Figure it out.

5. FriendlyGiantsFan

Please tell me it was this one

[​IMG]

6. FriendlyGiantsFan

In all seriousness, I figured you guys would have good stories about the Jets to share. If this really doesn't work for you in this forum, you could move it.

...yeah, like that. I still think this is/could be a Jets' topic if people chimed in.

#6 FriendlyGiantsFan, May 12, 2010
    Last edited: May 12, 2010
  7. Jetskees

Jetskees New Member

HAHAH, she should try out for the Jets Flight Crew....

8. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

all teams set these things up including the jets. its a "tailgate" run by the team. im sure you paid a pretty penny for it. i have seen this at quite a few stadiums in the past. basically, its tailgate food and drink at stadium prices. they all have a crappy band, and usually some ex fan favorite player is there.

9. greenbeanz

and my best stadium memory was the 02 regular season finale against the packers. we got piss drunk, the jets routed the pack to clinch a playoff spot, and we stole cheeseheads from some douchebag packer fans and burned them in celebration in the parking lot. oh, to be 18 again

10. BadgerOnLSD

BadgerOnLSD Banned

I remember it well because Eli chucked it up off his back foot with his eyes closed and still got all the credit for the play.

11. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

um a recent warm/fuzzy football story week 2 jets beat the patriots. i was in the parking lot intoxicated watching people burn bret favre jerseys.

the end.

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I took some chick to the Columbia-Princeton game away back in the day then played stinky-pinky with her later.

13. BigGorilla

BigGorilla New Member

Years ago, my brother took his son to a game. They got there early and watched practice and were right by the field when the players walked off. My brother yelled out "Hey Boomer, how about an autograph". Boomer's reply was "how about a football instead" and tossed the ball he had been practicing with to my brother's kid.

This brother also took his other son in recent years to Joe Namath's Football Camp for multiple years. One time when Joe was signing autographs, my brother handed him a football. Joe asked "you want it autographed", my brother replied "no I want you to throw me a pass" and he did. How many people can claim that Namath threw them a pass.

14. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Fixed for you.

15. greenbeanz

i can claim it. i went to that camp for 3 years as a kid. it is still one of my fondest memories.