Yanks vs Sox, 5/23 Game Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by AMJets, May 23, 2006.

1. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

4-1 Yankees in the bottom of the 6th. The Clueless jackass takes Wright out after only 73 pitches, and now there's runners on 1st and 2nd with 1 out, with a runner already scoring. Amazing how incompetent this guy is as a manager.

2. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

JT Snow being completely horrible bails out Clueless.

3. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Wakefield can't find the zone with that knuckler.

#3 AMJets, May 23, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2005
  4. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

3 run HR for A-Rod, blows the game open.

But it probably doesn't count.

#4 AMJets, May 23, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: May 6, 2005
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Oh it does count! :beer:

6. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Continue overusing Proctor, Joe, go ahead.

7. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

So Myers starts warming right before Ortiz's at-bat. Brilliant. :rofl2:

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

it's amazing how you can bash Joe who has maanged 4 World Championship teams and 6 AL pennant winners yet you defend ARod to the death and he's done nothing but choke for us:eek:hmy:

Nice job by ARod, I wouldn't call it clutch but he did his job. Something tells me if the game ws closer he wouldn't have done that but he did a good job. Let's see more of it and he'll earn my praise.

9. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

I don't defend A-Rod to the death. I know that he has struggled in big spots. But I just find it funny that some people would rather have a below average player over one of the greatest players who ever lived. And how some of these people actually think the Yankees would have won equal amount of games last year by replacing 125 runs scored with 60 runs scored.

Torre on the other hand might be the worst in-game manager in baseball, there's no denying that.

10. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

7-4. Thanks Joe.

By the way, that makes A-Rod's homerun even more important. Not that it matters, he still is "teh sux".

11. nyjunc

Torre has been so horrible that he's going to the HOF as a Manager tahnks to his last decade in NY. it's just like herm, you guys blame every failure on the coach/mgr and none on the players.

I am sick of ARod, great players are supposed to come throuhg in big spots. ARod is the Peyton Manning of baseball. I might be harsh on him but he's supposed to be our best player, I have higher expectations for him than any player and he rarely delivers. I want him to come through for us, I don't want to bash him. I hate bashing players on my teams and I don't do it often but he drives me nuts w/ his failures in big spots.

12. nyjunc

Joe threw the pitch?

It was an important HR, not necessarily clutch since we were up 3 but an important hit and he did his job. I just wish he'd do it mroe often.

13. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Proctor should not have been in the game.

14. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

He's a horrible manager of the bullpen. Don't even deny it. If you can't see that, then you obviously aren't paying any attention. He has been a disgrace ever since he lost his Stanton-Nelson-Rivera bridge. Other than '96, Torre won championships with teams that anyone could have won championships with. Now that he has to do some work, especially when it comes to the bullpen, he has not done a good job at all.

15. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Farnsworth totally loses the zone.

16. nyjunc

What have we had in the pen since the Stanton-Nelson-Mo years? We haven't had much to work w/ and the past few years the SP has been alot worse. He has done fine w/ what they've given him to work w/.

I disagree about anyone winning w/ those teams, we were necessarily always the most talented team in MLB. We never had an MVP in those days or a CY, we had a great TEAM and that started w/ Joe. I think we've had more individual talent the past few years but we haven't won b/c that talent hasn't meshed. it's a terrible mix of guys but we've still been one of the top teams in baseball thanks to Joe. Is he Billy martin? No but Billy had ultra talented teams and only won 1 WS for us, don't discount what Joe did and again it boggles my mind how Joe can be bashed yet ARod can be defended.

17. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

It's not a matter of defending A-Rod, I just find it hillarious that some people out there are actually crazy enough that they can't see that A-Rod over a full 162 game season produces more than Scott Brosius does.

But whatever.

18. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Rivera in for the 5 out save.

19. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Need a little insurance here, just incase.

20. kinghenry89

kinghenry89 New Member

Clutch job by Rivera getting Ortiz to pop out. Ramirez hit a nice pitch for a single but he got out of the inning with no further events.

I don't really see how you can blame Torre for pitching Proctor too much. Who else is he gonna bring in? Without and effective Sturtze we are back into our old groove of having an everyday 7th, 8th and 9th inning guy and they are gonna wear down yet again. As far as I can tell there's nothing Torre can do.