Yankees @ Red Sawx June 1-3

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by typeOnegative13NY, May 30, 2007.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Lets see what kind of luck i can bring this damn team.

2. BIG COUNTRY

BIG COUNTRY Well-Known Member

We still suck

3. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

TypeO is the thread starter we needed...

Him or MM...

4. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Thanks a lot bro. Just kick me while I'm down, while you're at it. :smile:
    ------------------

Anyway, I distinctly recall an argument I had with devil a few weeks ago where he claimed I was wrong about the Yankees total pwnage of Wakefield. Well, here's a little interesting tidbit:

The Yankees own Wakefield.

Game 1: Wang vs. Wakefield
    Game 2: Mussina vs. Schilling
    Game 3: Andy Pettitte vs. Josh Beckett

This is going to be a tough series for us, from a pitching standpoint. While I am confident we can hit Timmy, Wang has to keep his control. We NEED him to be near perfect Friday.

After that, we're outclassed pitching-wise. Moose is worthless in a game that means something, and against Schilling, that's not going to be pretty. Fortunately, my wife's baby shower will be going on at the same time, and I get to babysit all the women's kids. (I'm actually happier about that than watching this game...)

As great as Andy has been, we're facing Beckett. As if the Yankees didn't have enough trouble scoring for Pettitte...

If we get the win tomorrow, I'll get greedy and hope for a series win. There's a better chance that I'll hit the lotto before we sweep though, so I won't even bother wasting a wish on that one.

5. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

If Boston plays .500 baseball the rest of the way (55-55) the Yankees will have to win 70 out of 111 (70-41) to overcome them and win the AL EAST. Seems alot more difficult than just saying you are 13 1/2 out in May.
    For the record, RS current record is 36-16 and Yankees are 22-29.

6. MisterMoss

MisterMoss PRO-American

Still haven't started my own thread. If this weekend doesn't go right, I'll be the one to do it vs. Chicago.

7. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Maybe this will help:

[​IMG]

8. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

They play again? You've got to be kidding. Is the schedule rigged or something?

9. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

And I still maintain, correctly, that over the past 3 years those numbers are dramatically better. Wakefield is a better pitcher now than he was 4 or 5 years ago. We'll just have to see what happens.

I would suggest a sig bet on this series, but all the Yankee fans who are man enough to make such a bet have Met sigs for the foreseeable future. :wink:

10. Pride

Pride New Member

At this point we have to be greedy and get 2 out of 3. Were only 7.5 out of the wild card. Friday we need a good 7 innings out of Wang, I have faith we will get to Wakefield. Saturday again we hit schilling last time why not again. Moose needs to provide 6 solid innings of 3 run or less baseball. Finally on sunday we can match Beckett with Pettitte who has pitched just as well this year, hopefully the offense can get some runs this time around. I dont expect 2 out of 3, but I think theres a good chance of that happenning

11. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

*shrug*

All I know is that I have never feared facing Wakefield. Granted, you haven't had a pen this good over most of his career, but still.

And no, I won't do a sig bet. I never do them. I don't bet on anything, online or otherwise. It literally takes a massive jackpot for me to even consider lotto.

Anyway, I don't have enough confidence in this team to warrant a bet even if I was a betting man. 2 of 3 is going to be VERY hard to accomplish, and if we don't beat Wakefield, there's not a snowball's chance in hell.

12. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I'd do a sig bet like Yankees/Mets since that comes along soon...

But after this series they don't play until August, right?

13. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

14. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Wow, the most interesting part of that was near the end:

I didn't realize that. Very, very interesting. I have known all along that we are far from out of it, but this is great to see.

We can still take this wild card. The division is all but gone at this point, so it's not worth worrying about, unless we can somehow create another Boston Massacre. It's not unthinable, but with Hughes being pushed back another month, it's going to be tough.

Let's get this one tonight, and get the team back on track. We need to jump out to a quick lead, and just start pounding. Get that momentum going, and keep it moving!

15. JoeJet

JoeJet Banned

Whats tough about the Wild Card is that you have to jump so many teams. As example, Detroit is slipping now, but the Twins are getting hot.

16. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

As far back as we are I still cant think abot the WC b/c its only 6/1. Right now I just want to play beter, start winning consstently and be in a manageable position by the AS break.

17. ShadeTree#55

How about not? The Yanks are a bad team, face it.

18. asbcheeks

asbcheeks Member

On the other hand, it seems that the toughest WC competition will all come out of the AL Central. Those teams will all play each other alot more than the Yankees will play similar competition, so if the AL Central beats up on each other and the Yanks get hot, they could make a move.

19. ShadeTree#55

20. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

^Wow that's wonderful...Ouch.

PLEASE don't get Texiera or Helton...Just deal with it.