Yankees @ Orioles - 5/26-5/28

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by AMJets, May 25, 2008.

1. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Remember, day game tomorrow.

Monday: Rasner vs Olson
    Tuesday: Kennedy vs Burres
    Wednesday: Pettitte vs Guthrie

Btw, Austin Jackson with a 2B his first AB for the Thunder tonight. He's on fire.

2. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

lets keep this hot streak alive boys.

3. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

In his last 7 games, Austin Jackson is 13 of 29 (.448) with 13 RBIs, 5 BBs, 5 Ks, 4 doubles, 1 triple, and 3 HRs.

Thats a hell of a week.

4. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

quite a pitcher's duel.

bottom 6th now. 3 hits and no runs allowed by each pitcher

5. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

It's so much fun watching this team get dominated by the same pitcher they crushed less than a week earlier.

6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Yankees bullpen implodes and Yankees lose.

Veras and Hawkins.

7. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

At least now we know Hawkins and Veras will be the two garbage arms replaced once the young guys are ready.

8. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

That was depressing.

Girardi needs to kick his hat again.

9. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

So it was Veras and Hawkins who blew it? How'd Rasner pitch? I was listening for the first few innings, but missed most of the game.

More than the pitching though, I'm once again disappointed with the damned offense. This team goes ice cold.

10. SixFeetDeep

SixFeetDeep Red Hot Robbie Cano

we need to get shelley duncan and chad moeller out of our lineup, permanently.

11. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Shame. Rasner should have gotten his 4th win. Of course the lineup had to go back into the abyss when all they needed was a run to avoid Hawkins and Veras from ever seeing the field.

12. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I can't stand Beteshit.

As for Jeter, I wonder if he's more hurt than he's telling anyone. 1-for-20 hurts the team, and if the problem is that he needs a few days of rest, then he needs to say something.

13. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Rasner looks like the real deal right now... F'n LaCrap Hawkins... I swear I have no idea what Cashman was thinking bring in that choad

14. dwalsh

who would you've preferred?

15. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

anyone else...

The guy had the worst ERA in the league pitching in Yankee stadium ... It was pretty obvious he was gonna be teh suck

16. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

It's not the bringing in of Hawkins that I have a problem with. Same with Betemit and Ensberg. My problem is that they still continue to see playing time, and that's at least partly, if not wholly, Girardi's fault.

In the pen, I'd rather give Ohlendorf more chances to mature. Hawkins has already proven he is what he is. At least Ohlendorf has potential to be better. How about Ramirez? Why can't he and Ohlendorf get the 7th inning duty? Leave Hawkins and Veras for the long-relief scenarios on nights where the starter struggles early. Just go:

Starter
    Ohlendorf/Ramirez
    Farnsworth
    Rivera

Man, I miss Bruney...

As for the combination of Ensberg/Betemit, why does Gonzalez have to go down? Again, it's this obsession with every single position being offensively "superior", even to the detriment of the defense on the field. Shit, somebody has to bat at the bottom of the lineup, why not the guy who can play defense?

As far as Duncan, I think he's getting a bad rap. Sure, he's never going to be a superstar, but he's not bad. His problem is a lot like Cano's was. Swinging wildly at pitches that should have his bat on his shoulder. Obviously, on his best day, he's never going to be the hitter Cano can be, but the point is that he can be a decent lower half of the lineup guy if his head is on straight. Plus he looks like a genius defensively compared to Giambi. :wink:

Anyway, is there anyone in the minors who is ready to make his way up in the near future? We need new blood.

When's Joba's next appearance? What's his timeline look like right now? I can't wait till he's starting.

Anyway, tonight, Go Ian!

17. dwalsh

pitchers in the minors to keep an eye on: mark melancon (AA), JB Cox (AAA), David Robertsion (AAA), Alan Horne (AAA, once he returns from injury), Dan McCutchen (AAA), Chris Britton (AAA, can't figure out why he isn't getting a shot)

position players in the minors to keep an eye on: Brett Gardner (AAA), Jason Lane (AAA)... and thats it basically

As for Joba, his next appearance is lined up for Wednesday in relief of Pettitte, but it could be bumped to Thursday is Pettitte is dealing

18. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Well, Britton has been up I think twice already. I've definitely seen him make at least one appearance so far.

10P told me about Melancon, but I understand it's not time for him yet.

Horne is still out for a while, right? Still needs rehab?

The rest I'm totally unfamiliar with.

Someone said Cashman claims he doesn't want to bring up Gardner right now because he'll sit on the bench. I don't know why. It's not like Johnny Damon is an All-Star outfielder.

Here's a sort of strange idea I had, that might not be very popular, but I'm curious as to others' thoughts on it. Assuming Wang and Pettitte both pitch their norm, Joba pitches well, and Kennedy and Rasner both continue to pitch well, where does that leave Moose (assuming he rebounds, which I think he will), and Hughes?

Moose is weird, so who knows if he can actually transition to the pen. However, I think Hughes would be a great addition to the pen for the short-term. Throwing a 7th once every couple days may reduce the wear-and-tear on his body, and hopefully give him a chance to start getting truly healthy.

If Moose can do it, that pen might just be formidable:

Moose
    Ohlendorf
    Ramirez
    Hughes
    Farnsworth
    Rivera

Obviously Hughes is still going to be a starter into the future, but at least for the time-being, while we still have Andy, why not have him just come in for late-inning shut down work?

19. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

Horne should be back soon. His father said he'll be back on his regular schedule at Scranton within 2 weeks.

I really can't see them putting Hughes in the bullpen and taking even more innings away. He should've been up to around 180 last year and 200+ this year, but injuries have stopped that, so he's already two years behind.

20. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member