WW85's 2010 Conference Winners

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by WW85, Sep 1, 2010.

1. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

My Predictions for Conference winners:

ACC.......Boston College: returning many starters from last year. Conference will be tough, Miami & VT will give BC a run. I've never been too impressed with the ACC, but this year it maybe one of the best conferences...should be exciting.

BIG TEN....Iowa: Call me crazy, Ohio State/Wisconsin are stacked. OSU and Wisconsin have to go to Kinnick stadium. If Stanzi has a great year and doesn't make stupid mistakes..Iowa will win the Big Ten...big 'IF".

BIG EAST..Pitt: Should be Pitt's year, they have at least 5/6 NFL players on their team. I'm rooting for UConn...should make things interesting. I'd love for UConn to beat Big Blue in week one. Cincy will have a down year. West Virginia too unpredictable, can't win a big game.

BIG 12... Oklahoma....I really like the Sooners this year.

SEC.......Bama.......Trent Richardson...nuff said.

C-USA....Houston.......Case Keenum will be pass happy and have another great statistical year. Probably the last year of C-USA...who cares??

MAC....Temple...the owls are the best of a medicore conference.

WAC....Boise State......it's not even close or fair. I'm rooting like crazy for Boise to beat VT!!

PAC 10...Stanford......I'm rooting for Luck to have a great year.

MW........TCU....don't doubt horned frogs. They have a very good team and QB.

2. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I think Virginia Tech has the best shot at winning the ACC. It should be a close battle though. In my opinion, it's between UNC, VT, and The U. Boston College's quarterback play is too inconsistent.

You're damn right about the WAC - it's not even close. It's hard for me to root for the Blue Ponies, but it'd be awesome to see a mid-major run the table and play in the national championship.

The PAC-10 will be really fun to watch. That conference is loaded with offensive firepower. With USC out of the picture, Oregon and Stanford should fight for the title.

Alabama is step above every team in the country. I think Carolina has a legitimate shot at winning the SEC East now that Tebow's gone, but they'll have no shot against Alabama in the SEC title game.

I wouldn't sleep on Cincinnati. I've been paying close attention to them since Fresno plays them this Saturday. They still have a ton of weapons on offense. Do I think they'll win the Big East? No...but they can definitely knock some teams out of the race. Pittsburgh is the most talented team in that conference.

I love watching the Iowa Hawkeyes, but I don't think win the Big 10 though. Ohio State has the talent to get to the national championship. I believe this is the year Terrelle Pryor gets "it".

TCU is a hell of a team, but BYU and Utah will give them a run for their money.

Houston, Kent State, Temple, and Ohio are four mid-majors to keep an eye on.

#2 Mr Electric, Sep 1, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2010
  3. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

You're right about BC's QB play, otherwise they're stacked. The U is going to be an excellent team and could win the ACC easily. I Like VT, especially in Blacksburg...away from home they're average against good teams. Best conference to watch this year.

The Buckeyes should win the Big Ten...but if Stanzi steps up...he will beat OSU in Iowa.

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I definitely agree that they're an up and down team, but Tyrod Taylor has improved a lot of his career. The kid knows how to protect the football.

With Ryan Williams and Darren Evans on the roster, he shouldn't have to do too much.

If VT gets past Boise on Monday, they could be a National Championship dark horse.

5. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

^
    I'm really looking forward to this game, pretty decent opening week schedule. UCONN/Michigan should be a good contest.

Comment on Cincy: Collaros should step in and do well. I have my doubts that they will contend with the new coaching staff. Cincy will be good, just not great in a tough conference.