Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Ok. Just got done watching the atrocity that is called Jets Monday Night Football.

First, I was willing to give Gase quarters, as I kept hearing the commentators mentioning how the OL lacking the practice together is hurting their performance as a unit - especially the communication among themselves..

Then I started thinking - well, if that's the case, nearly every god-damned college football teams must have same communication problem, as these student athletes are even more time-strapped than these professional football players. (You don't see Alabama kids do that, do you?)

Then I came across this:

https://www.ganggreennation.com/201...ocking-schemes-are-incomprehensible-right-now

The body of work for the OL coach says it is in fact the scheme that is problematic. Yes. That means Gase is full of shit.

I will give him maybe 6 more games, with Sam starting the later two to three games. If the unit still can't block for shit, then I will jump on to the Fire Gase bandwagon.

SOJAZ and NYJetsO12 like this.
  2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That breakdown is pretty damning...and it may point to Gase's comments about Kalils benching.

A seasoned QB audibles out of those plays.

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I keep asking but no one ever answers - What are the positives of Gase being head coach here? What did he accomplish that got him the job?

4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

He got rid of Mac for us since he's been here

[​IMG]

Jets81 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  5. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Williams and his defense came to play despite injuries and little help from offense / special teams.

I have not made any determination on Gase but after two games he is down to his # 3 QB so I am not about to put up any billboards at this point.

Our new GM needs to trade veteran players that are not part of the long term plan to build up our weakest points such as OL, outside pass rusher, and CB.

Patrick Ramsey at the right price would be a nice get for the future.

#365 James Hasty, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  6. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Well said. Unfortunately you are probably correct about Gase though.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

He had more Moxie than M McCarthy at his interview with C Johnson because his record of accomplishment is obviously several floors below MM...Like I posted before A Gase has a ceiling of 10 wins and a floor of 6 losses based on his NFL career prior to coming to NY...he also somehow beat NE twice

After first pulling for McCarthy, I am trying to to convince myself than Gase will be some Offensive rocket fuel for the Jets ...so I am giving him some slack for first 6 games especially with all the injuries

Positives Since he got here : He demanded Mac be replaced ; got his friend Douglas hired; has done a fair/ just passable job at Coaching/ Damage Control; and most important >>>>instilled the concept of Discipline/Accountability benching slackers or bad performers like Adams who cost us points; a complete reversal in attitude away from a Team that was a Country Club with Toilet Bowles

#367 NYJetsO12, Sep 19, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  8. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

9. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Sort of like what an "offensive genius" could do......oh wait......

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The thing with Gase is he has to be a very good to great offensive coach to be worth keeping around. He doesn’t really bring any other redeeming qualities a HC needs, especially in this market.

The season starts week 5 for Gase as far as I’m concerned. He & Darnold are going to have to show that not only can his offense work but can be a threat in this league. If it is they’ll win some games the rest of the way. If it looks as it has the first two weeks and especially if he gets Darnold killed due to these protection breakdowns then he’s gonna need to go ASAP.

I’m hoping like crazy it can work and it looked like it could in preseason with a healthy Darnold. Bring on the bye week!

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Bingo. Gase is here for one thing and one thing only IMO. Making 14 take the next step.

NCJetsfan and Noam like this.
  12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

His schemes, based on the Cleveland game, will get 14 killed before 14 learns how to be a better QB.

SOJAZ likes this.
  13. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

So if he took blame, didn't pout, and stopped looking like a moron there would be almost immediate 30% improvement!

ColoradoContrails, Noam and Acad23 like this.
  14. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

or he could just win :)

15. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

I haven’t read the whole thread so maybe someone made this point but for those of you defending gase or saying be patient, are you aware that he is not a new coach? This is the exact shit we heard about when he was coaching the dolphins and why they were thrilled to be rid of him. Uncreative, boring, and certainly not worthy of “offensive guru” status. Sure the line has been awful and Sam out hurts, but I think if you’re expecting air coryell or even anything close to a McVay offense are in for a real let down even at full strength.

16. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Any fan expressing “moral outrage” over “bounty gate” apparently has been wearing blinders over the past 10-20 years. “Bounty gate” is the least of the NFL’s problems.

17. Matthew_McBride

Matthew_McBride Active Member

Quarterback and Center aren't making correct protection calls.

18. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I agree with the last sentence however that OL has to come first and it sorely needs a rebuild.

19. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

I think we need to have all new threads approved by mods. This website is becoming a disgrace with all these emotional teenagers whining and whining and acting entitled. Grow up.

LOL @ firing 2 new coaches after just 2 games with numerous critical injuries. Can we please ban all trolls and retards now?

SOJAZ, GreenFist, jonnyd and 7 others like this.
  20. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Gase is just another chapter of the Johnson family ineptitude as owners. Honestly, the best thing they can do is sell this team to someone who actually wants to win and has the brains to do so.

SOJAZ, ColoradoContrails and ouchy like this.