Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Yes. I have an agenda: For this sorry ass team to not be the laughing stock of the NFL for the first time since Parcells coached the team.

The defense is better than the offense, no doubt, but the fact that they gave up multiple 3rd and longs with ease, and let Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen drive deep into their territory multiple times tells me that they're going to get shredded when they face actual good offenses.

Even still, I don't care. The sloppy, futile offensive play is beyond them not having enough talent. They can barely get to midfield; I would expect an "offensive guru" to be able to make a little more happen than this. He's supposed to bring out the best in his team. He has no answer for their problems. I don't give a damn if the defense is the 85 Bears; if the offense can't score, they're still going to lose every game.

2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I wish I could suck my own dick so I didnt have to pass the tie reading drivel like this

JeTsInTexas likes this.
  3. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

In all seriousness, Gase is gone after this season only if he alienates enough players and completely loses the locker room. From what I've been reading, he's already made the first steps towards that goal...

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

5. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

I have a very strong neck

6. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Fixed it for you.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Yes, the D has given up several 3rd and longs, but when your CBs suck and you have no pass rush to speak of, that's gonna happen unfortunately. That's not Williams' fault. There's only so much a DC can do to hide glaring holes and talent deficiencies. Yes, the better offenses will probably shred us, but that's on Mac. He has put a lot of attention on the DL and Safeties over the last 4-5 years, but ignored the CB position and pretty much ignored the pass rush.

Just because we potentially have a FQB in Sam, have Bell, Crowder, Mosley and Adams, doesn't mean that we're ready to compete. We still have little depth and a lot of holes in the starting lineup.

The offense has pretty much sucked so far, we're in agreement on that. IMO it's hard to judge Gase fairly when the OL has been absolute shit. You can't really scheme around a sucky OL unless you have a great QB. Sam was sick the first game and didn't play well. Siemian sucked ass in game #2, and Falk had most likely had zero snaps with the offense. He's probably been running the scout team offense. Frankly, I'm amazed that Falk played as well as he did and got the offense moving some. Gase probably could have done better with play calling, but again, when your OL can't consistently open holes for your RBs and can't pass block for crap, when your WRs can't get open or hold onto the ball, there's not a lot a HC can do. He can't get out there on the field and play for the players. They have to execute. That's what they're being paid to do. If they can't do that, then hopefully, they'll be replaced within the next year or two.

You didn't mention the STs, but they've pretty much sucked so far, too. Coverage hasn't been that good, and the return units have been awful. There's been no blocking or chances for returns. Hopefully, Ficken will be the answer at kicker.

I'm as sick of the losing as anyone. It's hardly even fun for me any more. I'm taking time away from other areas of my life where I do have fun to follow and support the Jets. I understand where you're coming from, but like it or not, we can't fix 50 years of failure in the first month of the season. Like it or not, with the OL and other talent deficiencies we have, and with the schedule we have opening this season, we're probably going to be 0-6. Like it or not, Gase is probably going to be here for 2 seasons. To have some peace of mind and not constant agita, we're going to have to sit back, be patient for a while and hope that Douglas and Gase can get it sorted out. If not, I'll be right there with you screaming for a new HC, if I haven't lost interest in football altogether by then.

#347 NCJetsfan, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
  8. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Dear lord 21 point underdogs and I feel like we could easily lose 45-3 without blinking

Gase has to go.

There is no redeeming quality

1. He’s not a tactician
    2. He’s not a strategist
    3. He’s not endearing to his players
    4. He’s not creative
    5. He rarely if ever takes blame
    6. He pouts to the media
    7. He’s not inspirational
    8. He’s not a natural leader (he’s a natural dick)
    9. He looks like a fucking moron
    10. He has NOT developed any QB

Sorry

Gase gotta go

9. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Bro, you figured it out!

He pouts and he's not endearing.

As soon as I found out Gase was not blowing Adams after the game to thank him for all of his effort, I said he needs to be fired.

Although....

Maybe Gase is too endearing which led to Darnold having mono!

Holy shit! Maybe Gase is the complete opposite of what you think! Maybe his non-endearing attitude is just a front and behind the scenes he's so endearing he gave Darnold his mono!

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Yea but if you know it was a mistake then why waste another 2 years ....Gase will win nothing here...He isnt what people think he is

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I dont agree about the Williams part...he is the only good part of the coaching staff.Dont buy into the media lead hype train of "Bounty Gate" it was a common practice in the league at the time.The moral outrage over it is a joke...it happened on every single team in the league.

13. Falco21

I'm telling ya!

I think I've solved the hidden mono host

14. Falco21

What "D" are we talking about here?

15. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

As the losses mount I expect Gase will scapegoat Gregg Williams to try to save his behind/eliminate a potential interim HC threat to his job.

He's already benched multiple players including Jamal Adams the best player on the team. Next step, his assistants.

16. Falco21

You say Gase benched Adams.

Lets take a look at what Gase said about the situation:

"I thought he was getting fired up pretty good, and I clicked over (to the defensive coaches) and I was like, 'Hey, we need to be careful here,'" Gase said. "I was worried that something bad was going to happen, we need him for the next week. They were smart and they pulled him off. I said, 'Just calm him down,' and then we were off the field.

"To me, I didn't look at that as benching. That was more like, 'Hey, let's just calm him down,'" Gase added. "There was no hidden meaning behind it. That was my gut reaction."

Gase said he understood "100 percent" why Adams wasn't happy, saying, "He's a competitor, man. He's intense. He's all in. I didn't get to see him until after the game."

Oh wow. This is what is called "perspective"

johnny, MoWilkBeast, Acad23 and 2 others like this.
  17. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Indeed

The pouting cane when someone mentioned that he rarely has healthy QB’s and instead of saying next man up, he looked like a bitch and said yeah I never get a healthy qb (paraphrasing)

And “not endearing” means his players don’t give a fuck about him. None of the “run through walls” stuff we hear about some.

I know you’re trying to be a wise guy but I’ve decided to explain it for the rest who might not have understood my points.

18. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

This is a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" forum. Injuries don't matter, bad drafts don't matter, bonehead plays by players don't matter. It's the coaching staff.
    Gase had to try to make something happen to spark the offense. Letting Falk throw against a stacked box on those 2 plays was absolutely the right call.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

We all expected the Team to come flying out Game 1 and beat up the Bills ( my self included) Having also beaten the NY Giants , apparently the Bills are a pretty good team

When that first W didn't happen , all the shade and shades of doubt were cast on the HC , Gase

Injuries aside, I am on the fence with this guy...and if he can't get along with his players (discipline aside) and possibly the D.C. If a rumor is true ..it's NOT good

Boy do I hope Iam wrong...but with NE coming it will get worse before it gets better

Noam likes this.
  20. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

They need a win desperately.

To stop the bleeding.

This week or next game to change the course of where this is headed.

I think there's enough talent to win with even with the injuries. He has two elite offensive weapons in Robby & Bell and a superstud on defense in Adams.

He has to let these guys play including Falk. Play loose. Attack. Have fun.

Asking them to beat NE this week may be unrealistic but if they go there compete, a pretty loss it could be something to build on & could carry over to Philly. I'm crossing my fingers we get Uncle Josh in that one and I don't buy the Dallas hype.

NYJetsO12 likes this.