Woody $$$$

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by sec314, Oct 9, 2009.

1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Anyone still think Woody is cheap and does not want to win. You think Braylon was brought in to sell PSL's or did we do this to win? Close you eyes and imagine James Dolan owning this team and handing it over to his son James and now open your eyes and thank Woody . Be pissed about the PSL's, staying in NJ, moving from LI or whatever but this man is just like George Steinebrenner except he does not criticize the players and coaches in the press. I am not Woody's son BTW

2. DMSMaven

DMSMaven Member

Gotta admit it sure seems like he wants to win and wants to win NOW ... He sure ain't no dummy, winning will sell PSL's faster than any single player.

3. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

That's right, and the great thing about the trades and FA we sign except for Jenkins and Faneca they are entering their primr or in their prime. No Ronnie Lotts or Leonard Marshalls. Edwards is 26 man, that's awesome, we are setup for the long haul except our OL which must be addressed in the draft next year

4. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

I agree, first he owned the Baby Shampoo king title, now he will own Super Bowl Winning owner title, Hopefully very soon.

I'l be optimistic until the season is over just like every season, because that's who I am and that's what I care about.:up:

5. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

i think thats a pretty good assesment. think about it, in the end george steinbrenner turned a 10 million dollar investment into the most valuable franchise in sports by winning. i think woody might be thinking along these lines

6. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Good post sec314. I have to admit I usually don't like your posts but lately you've been pretty good. :)

7. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Woody does want a winner. He wants a franchise QB - he wants a defense. He was learning on the job for the past few years but he seems to have gotten it now.

You take the hit with PSLs for a perennial winner... at least that's what we are all expecting - him included.

8. Jets n Boys

Jets n Boys Banned

Agreed.

I still think you're Woody's son...jk

9. Lynkx

Lynkx Active Member

It's amazing what one man (Rex Ryan) can do to an entire organization, isn't it?

10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I am new man, winning does that to me and I wish wood was my daddy

11. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

And DL, all in their thirties now.

12. jnjoewilly

jnjoewilly New Member

yeah great post 314.

anyone else think woody watch in full color on showtime & see's the way our owner operated gettin joe namath ? nahhhhh its the combo of Rex being infexious about winning & psls

13. vilmatic

vilmatic Active Member

are you woody's gay daughter? Or is that the same thing? Hey-oooooooo.

No, for real, I never thought he was cheap, but I absolutely believe now, more than ever, that he is a top five owner.

14. soh_vet

soh_vet Well-Known Member

I wish I was Woody's son. A few moves here and there and the team won't need to worry about being "to old" in the upcoming years. We have a good core of young guys (and Vets) which is a good thing.

Jets n Boys -- who's the chick in the avi? I usually don't even notice avatars, but yours seems to catch my eye...for some reason.

15. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

i'll admit that i called him cheap and also admit that i certainly look wrong, but i want to see staying power and no one year psl wonder.

16. Gator

Gator Active Member

He definitely wants to win and is a good owner as far as the team is concerned. He did however promise to do everything he could to get the team back to NY, but after the WSS fell through he ran to the Mara's without exploring other NY options. That makes him kind of a liar. Therefore....we drive to Jersey. Hasn't been so terrible this year though. Seems like less cars on the road overall, but leaf peeper season is upon us......