Woody Johnson is being played...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by VegasMav, Mar 14, 2023.

1. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

Aaron Rodgers is saying he has a wish list, but in reality, they're demands for Woody and the Jets. He's not even SIGNED YET and he's the one that is in control because Woody is all giddy. Now we have signed Lazard, which I'm okay with if we release Corey Davis.

Rodgers wants Randall Cobb, Marcedes Lewis AND Odell Beckham Jr...WHO THE FOK DOES HE THINK HE IS? He knows the Jets or rather Woody is desperate to get him so he's pulling the strings. I'm tired of the soap opera and the Jets better hope this all pans out because there is no turning back. And we don't even know what GB and the Jets have decided on for picks and or players in return for the weirdest prima donna, drama queen in the NFL.

I'm disgusted that the Jets are being held hostage by Rodgers and that Woody, the most clueless owner in the NFL, is sooooo excited to have him on this team. Let alone the fact that they will un-retire Namath's number so this drama queen can wear the number. And if he comes here for just ONE season and just gets us to a playoff game, we would have wasted so much time and money for a playoff appearance, and we'll be back where we started. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm not a big fan of Aaron or our delusional owner.

2. warpedsoul

warpedsoul Active Member

It's called a wish list, not a demand list. Every established QB that switches teams will have players they want to play with on that new team. Aaron is no different. And it was already said that he didn't expect to get ALL of them, nor was it a deal breaker.

I do not see a downside of grabbing a player or two that Aaron has a history with and trusts as long as the money is right.

JETS1116, NOVAJET, egelband and 6 others like this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's circus time now. I was letting reality get me down, because I agree with every word you said, to the core.

But at this point I will take literally anything in place of the base stupidity that we have been watching for over a decade. Even if it's... this.

The thing that is missing that helped Favre be somewhat successful here was the established and elite offensive line. He's got all the skill talent in the world around him here but what good is it if your guys can't protect you?

#3 abyzmul, Mar 14, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
  4. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Woody’s idea of a successful negotiation is to drop your drawers and grab your ankles. He is pathetic.

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

You got valid points. But problem is, we didn’t sniff playoffs for 12 straight years.

ouchy likes this.
  6. 24McNeil

24McNeil Well-Known Member

what do you expect? we are not just the nfl laughing stock, we are an all time laughing stock for every sport. we should be lucky he even took our call. he's a first ballot hof'er, we're the joke.

7. Not Sure

Not Sure Active Member

This simply isn't true. Fans outside the Jets don't see the Jets this way.

You hit a dry spell. It happens.

KingRoach, JETS1116, papapump and 2 others like this.
  8. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

This is what speculative media reports do to us. Yes there is a list of players he wishes to play every FA has them. Everything being made public is for attention and to keep us up at the top of the headlines. But do any of us know how business is being done behind doors? No. And for the first time our team is sealed shut . No leaks. Depending on compensation even if we get Arron for one year and win and have a fun year im okay with it. I'm hoping we get an angry Arron with all these reports. Las t time he was again he was an MVP in 2 NFC championship games. Sign me up because im tired of this shit team being unable to win. This is a winning move even for the short-term(I hope for 2 years)

NYJetsO12 and mrjet80 like this.
  9. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I'd give my left nut to have a QB that everyone could get behind. I sense another season of people bitching about every incomplete pass.

mezzavo and Lon Chaney like this.
  10. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I'm no fan of Woody Johnson, who has been a disastrous owner, but Lazard is a great pickup for us whether or not we ultimately sign Rodgers. If he ends up signing Lewis or or overpays for Cobb (a possession receiver at best) that's a different story. But right now this is overblown.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

This is very true. I would have been very happy just getting Lazard, he's the element that I wanted Corey Davis to be.

And we probably couldn't have gotten him otherwise, without really overpaying him.

I just hope they pump the brakes on that Mercedes Lewis talk. We have a pretty decent situation at TE/HB.

Brook!, stinkyB, Nyjets4eva and 2 others like this.
  12. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

This video broke on Twitter a couple of hours ago. Trey Wingo doubling down on his earlier statement that Aaron Rodgers indeed is a New York Jet and has been since last Friday. He is not holding the team hostage. There are simply a ton of details that have to taken care of before the official announcement can be made.

The Jets are Superbowl contenders. They will be a force to be reckoned with. We've paid our dues. Our day in the sun is fast approaching. Buckle up.

JETS1116, NOVAJET, azhar80 and 2 others like this.
  13. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

You’re hoping you’re wrong. The good news is you probably are. As stated earlier that was a group of players he liked. No demands. Just another story worded to enflame our fans and get attention. It worked! That Diane Russini sure is clever.

mrjet80 likes this.
  14. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I agree and if anybody here read Brian Costello’s article today ( Costello is a realist - a decent beat guy ) in the Post about the AR trade they would learn that AR did not “demand” the Jets go after those FAs - the Jets asked him for his input on potential FAs and he gave them his input. The media took this and ran with it because it’s a good headline and it corresponds with the idea that Jets management is folly. That being said Lazard is an upgrade over Davis … and Randall Cobb would upgrade the #4 WR spot. I doubt they consider Lewis they seem happy at TE.

I’m not sticking up for Woody Johnson. He’s a billionaire owner who still seems to be learning the sport over 20 years after becoming an owner. He would be well advised to stay the hell out of things and let JD and company run the show.

AR is still a Deva - but maybe the Jets need something like this after 12 years on the outside looking in ?

JETS1116 and ouchy like this.
  15. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I can see both sides.

I want some success after the last 12 years. If we gotta do it this way, I'll embrace it opening day.
    I also hate the dignity compromises we are making, and everyone shares a hand in it.

I've also been a fan long enough to appreciate the humor in our follies. I feel bad for those who cant because sometimes its all we got.

Red Menace and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  16. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

What is the issue about a wish list? As someone said it is not a demand list. Why not give him some comfort level in the clubhouse and the offense vets to teach the receivers. I doubt we ll get all four of his wish list. Lazard and Cobb I wouldn’t care. We do need to build an OL.

AG3 likes this.
  17. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

This post perfectly sums up my feeling about this entire recruiting situation. I'm get either way, and if all else fails I can say "Hey we are the Jets after all so what did you expect" and get a slight chuckle out of it.

ouchy likes this.
  18. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

People are stupid. They see a headline purposely put out by the media to get clicks and immediately buy it and react.

@VegasMav there is no "soap opera". Rodgers didn't "demand" anything. He's coming here. He said "hey I'm comfortable with these guys. Can we bring them in?" Media took the story, turned it into sensationalist fodder, and the masses of mouth breathers bought right into it.

It's pathetic really.

19. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

All of this b.s. is creating buzz. That’s what the Woodsman wants.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If Rodgers is indeed the Messiah the Jets hope he is, then all this drama would have been worth it. Namath may have sold his soul back in '69. Woody is selling his in '23. This signing has major implications for Zach Wilson who is the reason why we're here in the first place. Rodgers may not be a mentor, but Zach had better be paying attention as he'll be expected to step in once Rodgers rides off into the sunset.

Frankly, I'm burned out on all of this. I don't expect a SB but I will not accept another 6 game flameout injuries or not. Once this is over, we have other business to attend to and major talent is being snapped up daily. Time for JD to get back to work stocking the roster with quality depth pieces so just in case we get injured again we'll be better able to deal with it not like last year.

Acad23 and westiedog1 like this.