With the 10th pick..

Discussion in 'Draft' started by KY Jets Fan, Jan 7, 2024.

?

Who do you pick if all these are still available at Pick#10

1. Rome Odunze (WR)

30.2%
  2. Brock Bowers (TE)

17.5%
  3. Fashanu or another OL

41.3%
  4. I rather trade down if these are my choices

11.1%
  1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I dunno. If at least two of them get into a bidding war we might get a 2nd, though unlikely. Everyone knows were not taking a QB so Minn wouldn't need to trade with us, Denver doesn't have a 2nd, and LV has a developmental QB already. Plus there are second tier QBs projected to go in the 2nd round which wont need a trade up at 10.

The_Darksider and joelip like this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If any team wants to move up for a QB, the price should go up. If those teams have called inquiring about moving up, hopefully JD told them he wants a 2nd, but if they refuse to pay, perhaps with that team's 3rd and one of our 4th round picks he could move up and get a 2nd from a team that is rebuilding and needs more picks

#522 NCJetsfan, Feb 16, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2024
    SOJAZ, joelip and Borat like this.
  3. NCJetsfan

Minnesota would need to trade with the Jets if another team was willing to trade up for our pick so they could get the QB. Good points on Denver and Minnesota.

joelip and ouchy like this.
  4. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

If Fashanu is gone, I would love to trade down. Fuaga most likely will still be there at 13 like you said, and getting an extra third would be great. But if Fashanu is there still, I am running to the podium.

5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I think the implications is that the Jets will mess this up. With multiple players available at a position the Jets need. They will pick the wrong one. I'm seeing mocks now that the Jets are going to Fusalnu. I hope it's wrong. I like Fuaga. I just hope they get a solid player for the next 10 years.

6. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Draft the punter of the future. It's the Jets and they are cursed, so nothing will work out. They will need a good punter to make up for 3 and outs.

mezzavo likes this.
  7. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea I could see you as the next GM

BrowningNagle and dmw like this.
  8. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Well-Known Member

In playing around with the simulators, trading down is a great option for the jets to recoup their 2nd round pick. There’s so many good tackles available, the jets can still get one after trading down.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Imagine if Bowers gets past the Jets at 10, and somehow is still sitting there 12,13,14... Chiefs could trade up and have their Kelce replacement

10. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The Chiefs are over-rated. Buffalo and San Francisco both choked against them in the playoffs. Also, the Jets almost beat them with a weak QB.

11. BrowningNagle

yeah they suck, good call

SOJAZ, The_Darksider and mattyd99 like this.
  12. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

They don't suck. They are just over-rated. In 2022-2023 season, they only got into the SB because of bad calls.

13. BrowningNagle

I think when you win back-to-back titles you walked the walk and are no longer overrated. Rated accordingly as the best team in the league

14. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I'm stubborn.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  15. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

OK, I'll give it to you. They are the best, but the quality of last season's play was sub-par in my opinion. No great teams. Other teams really choked against KC in playoffs and SB.

#535 dmw, Feb 22, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
    BrowningNagle likes this.
  16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

They have hands down the best QB in the league hands down, and arguably the best coach. SF didn’t choke, they got out coached.

SOJAZ and NCJetsfan like this.
  17. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Mahomes wan't so great in 2023. Rated 8th according to QBR for regular season. He shined in the playoffs though. Money QB.

18. BrowningNagle

I dont disagree. The quality of play in the league is way down. I think average teams of 10-15 years ago would wreck some of these "good" teams of 2023.

The Browns won 11 games with 5 QBs and the corpse of Joe Flacco. Winning 11 games used to be hard, downright impossible if you had to play 5 starting QBs.

The 9-7 Jets of 2008 who missed the playoffs with Favre, Thomas Jones, Revis, etc. woulda wrecked the 2023 Browns by 2 TDs easily. So would the Cowboys with Romo, T.O., and DeMarcus Ware, who also missed the playoffs.

#538 BrowningNagle, Feb 22, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2024
  19. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

As the chatter that NE could pass on QB at #3 keeps gets louder I think I'm finding myself buying more into that possibility, and the supporting argument logic that doing such *right now* basically amounts to a death sentence for any drafted QB coming in (similar to the shallow way of thinking that likes to just assume Aaron Rodgers is going to succeed *here* next year). Questionable line, zero support pieces already in place, a new defensive minded head coach, ect ect

I think I figure something else out at QB. Like a trade for Fields, latter round pick on McCarthy/Nix/Penix, and/or a free agent flyer that puts my offensive coaching system in place to the 1st year evaluation test (or basically the Lions/Bucs route. which if it fails I'll probably end up grateful I didn't draft 1st round QB latter anyway). Then take the much much better/higher probability chance on the table that I end up adding a pro bowl level roster upgrade elsewhere if I'm sold on Harrison Jr being an elite talent. Or trade down to #6 or 8 and then addressing that own fairly pressing need they have in their own right at T.

The latter which would obviously probably effect our own draft route possibilities.

20. NCJetsfan

Did you see how many dropped passes the KC receivers had this past season? It's hard for a QB to get into a rhythm, when his receivers are dropping passes all over the place. That can start getting into the QB's head, making him not trust his receivers, and make him hesitant. In addition, they were trying new things on offense this year. One can't go by stats alone.