Will Trump win the 2020 election?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SOXXX2, Feb 18, 2020.

?

Does Trump win again?

1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    69.4%
  2. No

11 vote(s)
    30.6%
  1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Which is what I was saying — unemployment because a shut down was a inevitable, but did his initial inaction prolong the shut down and unemployment we are in? The easy answer is yes, but is that the honest answer?

the shut downs that have come are at a state and city level, and Democrats have argued that the President doesn’t even have the power to order people to stay at home, so what could he have done for that.

add to that the fact that there is no punishment for going out in public, so we are all staying at home voluntarily. But look at the morons who are not. Absent of a federal mandate, enforced with criminal or civil punishment, you have people disregarding the advice to stay at home. Korea is simply a different culture, so we can’t project their willingness to follow orders onto our culture of obvious disobedience.

I’m not saying Trump is blameless, I’ve been hammering him on his handling of this from the get go, but we need to be honest about what we are criticizing him for.

International flights should have been stopped in January, but who would have supported and agreed with that back then? Nobody. And don’t even get started on what would have happened if he attempted to institute, at a minimum, a travel ban from China as a starting point. We already know the cries of racism that would have come from that.

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If Trump had come out and been forthright about what our intel knew. If he had test kits ready to go he could have said we are going to shut down flights on ex date. All American citizens who want to come back can come back and if you do you will be tested and if you test positive you will be in mandatory quarantine until you test negative. He absolutely could have done that. Instead he did what he always does. Uses a situation to gin up blame. Everyone who could got on the next plane back and walked off into the sunset.

The idea that he couldn't do that is simply saying the obvious. Trump has no credibility, he wasn't really interested and he screwed the pouch. Real leadership makes the case has a plan and explains it to the public.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah the guy that lies everyday for 3 and a half years had credibility issues, shocking

Mogriffjr likes this.
  4. JetBlue

Maybe I’m more cynical then you, but only the biggest sack of shit liars ascend to the level of President, or head of either political party, to begin with, so Trump’s lack of truth telling isn’t abnormal at this level of politics.

Trump’s big difference is that he makes so many public statements that, of course, he tells more lies as a result of the volume of statements, not because he tells more lies versus true statements. But I am not prone to believe his ratio of lies to truth is any different than any other President in my lifetime.

but, like I said, I’m simply cynical of anyone at the level of political power whose motivation is self-serving —- gain and preserve their power.

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yup, politics is for lying scumbags and trump is one of the best politicians I’ve seen.

I don’t think you are more cynical than I am. Maybe

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

That would have come? Nancy Pelosi already did that. How soon they forget; and then she turned around in her desperateness after Impeachment Fail 2020 and accused Donald Trump of not doing it soon enough and purposely killing Americans. During and immediately following the "giving out of pens" during a solemn moment while smirking at the same time, she encouraged Americans to commit suicide and voluntary manslaughter by championing flocking to China Town. Why? Because we're all stupid racist fear mongerers and hate Chinese-Americans. In fact, you and I hate ALL people of Asian descent, just face it. We all do deep down in our culturally uneducated hearts, whether we know it or not. The Coronavirus is just giving us the cheap built in opportunity to fake it. So what I'd like to know is, when is Nancy Pelosi as well as Oxiris Barbot and Mayor Bill De Blasio being brought up on charges?

Acad23 likes this.
  7. jetophile

Bernie Sanders, The Lovable Lummox, has dropped out which leaves the Democrats with Creepy Joe. One of three things is going to happen:

1) Elizabeth Warren becomes Biden's running mate
    2) Hillary Clinton becomes Biden's running mate
    3) Dopey Cuomo, who loves the sound of his own voice, will announce his candidacy and get super delegated in at the DNC. I don't know why, but I keep imagining him talking to a wall all by himself in his kitchen, haha

EDIT: sp/typo delegate. I know it's dele, not dela, I back-spaced; but seeing as I'm running for President in 2020 I'd hate like hell to be accused of pulling a Dan Quayle.

#267 jetophile, Apr 9, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

3) is the only one with legit possibility imo.... 1) is a longshot, and 2) no chance in HELL.... (hell, she was the reason why we have Agent Orange in the first place)

but I'll say 4) none of the above. (Klobachar?)

Biggs likes this.
  9. JetBlue

Warren so desperately wanted to be Bernie’s VP when her campaign crumbled, but thought she could hedge her bet with Biden by not supporting Bernie when she dropped out. Even Biden isn’t senile enough to not see through her charade.

While I think all of these high profile candidates are lying scumbags, Warren even ascends above Trump. The difference between Warren and Trump is Trump just says dumb shit and moves on; Warren digs into her lies determined to convince you they are truths.

stinkyB and NYJetsO12 like this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Great Posts and discussion!

My prediction over next 5 Months: The C Virus will settle down, the Stock Market will get a few new Highs and a Vaccine from Pfizer will be FDA fast tracked, all in time to checkmate a possible resurgence in late October..the following week 11/4 Trump and his Ego win by a Landslide vs Creepy Inappropriate Touching Biden or even against Cuomo

When Trump ends his (presumed) Second term..I wouldn't be surprised if the Republicans roll out a Mike Pence Pres / Jared Kushner VP Combo ahahahaha

11. JetBlue

Republicans had nobody before Trump and don’t look to have anyone after him. As bad as a candidate that Hillary was, can you imagine a Cruz or Jeb would have won an election against her? I don’t.

that being said, Democrats haven’t done much better in the last four years in cultivating viable candidates. The benefit they have is a media that will try and sell virtue signaling morons like Warren, Beto or Cory Booker.

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yep

Ive always been an Independent Voter,,,and the Grateful Dead were right>>stay Apolitical

Ralebird likes this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Weren't you recently saying that the stock market is a giant bubble set to burst? Funny thing is I'm a little concerned about the market too; it's bouncing back because people are optimistic about coronavirus and an economic recovery. But it took yet another rate cut and a 2 trillion dollar stimulus to get the market to bounce back partially. That isn't exactly reassuring.

14. HomeoftheJets

The only thing I've really been getting on Trump's case about is all the things he was saying in February and March about how coronavirus wasn't a big deal. That's the sort of thing that convinces people (and Republican governors concerned about Trump voters supporting them) to take the virus less seriously, which in turn makes its effects worse. Of course, if coronavirus really is put under control, then it will have turned out that Trump's initial rhetoric, while certainly still damaging, wasn't that damaging. But we're far from out of the woods. First of all, it still isn't clear that we have gotten the virus under control on a national scale. And second, we've only gotten it under control while locking everything down. What happens when we start opening things up?

stinkyB, SOXXX2, Biggs and 2 others like this.
  15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

You forgot Ivanka, Don JR. and Jared.

16. jetophile

Beto O'Fraud, you mean. Don't you hate when rich privileged white guys who live off of their wife's money stand with their bull horns on the Mexican border accusing all Americans on the far right of being Neo-Nazis? My question is, did he skate on that because he's rich and white or did he skate on it because he pandered to the far left? I'll wait for those who love to have it both ways but will take a hard pass here because 1) the risk involved spinning the first part when it doesn't suit their means situationally and 2) the risk of admission on the second. Tick-tock.

#276 jetophile, Apr 9, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'm not being sarcastic at all when I ask what the best solution is? The finances of average American's in this country are tanking at an obscene rate, while the virus is still running through the streets without a whole lot of signs of stopping.

Do we need two more months of lockdown? The economic ruin is already insurmountable. It can be rebuilt but we're building a 20 year hole here.

I'm not saying the answer to open back up on May 1st is necessarily the right or wrong one.

18. HomeoftheJets

I don't know what the best solution is, and anyone who says he does is lying. As for my best guess, I think we do need to keep the lockdown going through April and part of May. By the end of May, we need to start opening things up (things like businesses, not sports arenas) and have a testing system in place to make it easier to stamp out regional outbreaks. If all goes well, we can get under 100,000 deaths and a mostly functioning economy by summertime. But I can't say what the ultimate outcome will be. The IHME model is predicting 60,000 deaths now, which is good, but they're also assuming we've stamped coronavirus out by Memorial Day.

stinkyB and JetBlue like this.
  19. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Yes and it will go down further, im just pointing out that it is up since you posted what you posted lol.

20. HomeoftheJets

Well if you're right, my post will still age well. Personally, I have no idea what the markets will do, so I stay diversified and rebalance when necessary.